- Dallas/Fort Worth Area
Wally Adeoye,'s Overview
- Financial Consultant - (As needed) at Apple Texas
- Accountant -Contractor at Dell
- Corporate Accountant (FDIC Contractor) at First Preston Management
- Senior Accountant (contractor) at Fannie Mae
- Comtroller at Earth Biofuels Inc.
- Senior Accountant (Contractor) at JPMorgan Chase (Bought EMC Mortgage)
- Senior Financial Analyst at Stainsafe Inc
- Senior Accountant at ION Media Networks (formerly PAX Communication)
- Snr Accounting Specialist at Washington Mutual ( JP Morgan Chase)
- Palm Beach Atlantic University West Palm
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Wally Adeoye,'s Summary
Result-oriented and self starter professional with more than 18 years of accounting experience both as a consultant and employee in various industries. Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to make well thought out decisions to effectively and efficiently manage program budget. Readily accept new challenges and highly conscientious in the planning, follow-through, and organization of new project.
Specialties: Accounting/Financial Reporting Analyst - financial statement preparation and analysis,budgeting, monthly closing, internal control, due diligence, file management, Microsoft Office, Olap, Peoplesoft, Platinum, Great Plains and FRX
Wally Adeoye,'s Experience
Financial Consultant - (As needed)
February 2009 – February 2013 (4 years 1 month) Dallas TX
• Designed and customized a report format to extracts information from MAS 90 general ledger and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
• Created, and maintained several comprehensive financial statements, and ad-hoc financial reports for 67 Applebees stores using FRX6.7.
• Compiled monthly management reports using the key financial drivers within the business, which helped improved decision-making and productivity.
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; DELL; Information Technology and Services industry
April 2012 – January 2013 (10 months) Plano, TX
• Recorded fixed asset acquisitions, dispositions and transfers.
• Tracked the compilation of Data Center project costs into fixed asset clearing accounts, and close out those accounts once the projects have been completed.
• Reconciled the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the general ledger.
• Assisted the Global Audit Transformation Team (GAT) and the local internal auditors with their fixed asset inquiries.
• Prepared Fixed Asset data for conversion from PeopleSoft to Oracle
• Prepared consolidated monthly global fixed asset rollforwards.
Corporate Accountant (FDIC Contractor)
Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Real Estate industry
October 2010 – August 2011 (11 months) Addison TX
• Prepared income statements, balance sheet, GL reconciliation & roll forward, variance analysis and management accounting reports for corporate as well as for partnership entity that manages the FDIC assets.
• Compiled and analyzed financial information in preparing entries to general ledgers.
• Analyzed, reviewed, and billed assets expenditures that are under FDIC receivership.
• Explained billing invoices and accounting policies to vendors and client.
Senior Accountant (contractor)
Public Company; 5001-10,000 employees; FNMA; Financial Services industry
November 2009 – April 2010 (6 months) Dallas TX
• Reconciled vendor invoices by identifying unit cost differences as well as determined the validity of loan level data, and able to save the company more than $260,000 in the process.
• Communicated invoice reconciliation issues with the Vendor Relation Manager, Deal Manager, Director, Servicers and Vendors.
• Reviewed and applied several contractual agreements between Fannie Mae, Servicer and Vendor as stated in the Statement of Work, Purchase Order, and, and Work Order.
• Created and maintained financial analysis report on initiative cost, budget, and variances.
• Wrote and executed User/Functional Acceptance Testing using Mercury Quality Center for the new End-User Computing database for the business unit.
• Developed Request for Information (RFI), Vendor Interview Form, Capacity Questionnaire and the Scoring Legend for Component Servicing Vendor management.
• Wrote Policy and Procedures relating to Invoice Reconciliation for two initiatives.
Public Company; 11-50 employees; Oil & Energy industry
December 2007 – December 2008 (1 year 1 month) Dallas TX
• Prepared and analyzed monthly and quarterly financial statements, account summaries and reports use in filling SEC report.
• Collaborated with the auditor in performing quarterly reviews and annual audits for consolidated company and various subsidiaries.
• Prepared supporting schedules, some footnote and disclosure needed for SEC fillings.
• Resolved accounting, payable and government regulatory issues.
• Assisted in house filling of SEC reports-10k, 10Q, and 8k using Edgar software.
Senior Accountant (Contractor)
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; JPM; Financial Services industry
January 2007 – June 2007 (6 months) Lewisville TX
• Reconciled unpaid principal balance on multiple systems.
• Provided financial analysis, explanations, resolution and correction for unusual items.
• Identified areas of concern in procedures and operations through analysis of breaks.
Senior Financial Analyst
February 2006 – November 2006 (10 months) Palm Bch Garden, FL
• Supervised AP & AR clerks and met financial statement deadlines by preparing Balance Sheets, Statements of Operation, Cash Flow, and consolidated statements, and supporting schedules; comparing actual results to budget projections.
• Prepared daily cash report and 13- weeks cash forecasts including bank reconciliation.
• Reengineered the closing process that cut more than a week from the closing calendar.
• Maintained, audited and reconciled multiple companies’ general ledger.
Privately Held; 501-1000 employees; Broadcast Media industry
February 2000 – January 2006 (6 years) West Palm Bch, FL
• Wrote, documented, evaluated, and tested some significant internal control process and procedures for Sarbanes-Oxley 404 Compliance.
• Maintained interest and debt schedules in the preparation of the 10k and 10Q.
• Reviewed and researched consolidated balance sheets and income statements fluctuations for management discussion and analysis, management informational request, as well as GL accounts reconciliations and roll-forward explaining the trends and/or the fluctuations.
• Controlled costs by analyzing budgets and actual, establishing procedures and implemented corrective action as required, by monitoring the company's Joint Sales Agreements (JSA) with NBC and twenty non NBC JSA partners with reimbursement request averaging $12M/quarter.
• Overseen capital project financing with the GE, prepared necessary applications, draw requests, schedules and reports, in securing more than $40M toward the company $65M equipment facility.
• Involved in doing the due diligence on the sale and purchase of TV stations totaling $80M.
• Performed analyses and prepared schedules for 10Q and 10k financial package.
Snr Accounting Specialist
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; JPM; Financial Services industry
September 1993 – February 2000 (6 years 6 months) Lake Worth FL
• Responsible for balancing and reconciling several financial centers general ledgers, investigating discrepancies between centralize processing and financial center reports and preparing necessary correcting journal entries.
• Gathered statistical information for cash and check balancing, suspense items, teller’s outages, exception reports as well as daily, weekly, and monthly reporting.
• Prepared customer bank reconciliation and a letter to the customer detailing any bank and or customer errors with resolutions.
• Analyzed and audited various accounts as assigned
• Researched and resolved suspended items from g/l accounts.
• Documented results of research on the teller variance reports
• Investigated and resolved outstanding official checks, and prepared clearing entries.
Wally Adeoye,'s Skills & Expertise
- Account Reconciliation
- Variance Analysis
- Accounts Payable
- General Ledger
- Internal Controls
- Great Plains Software
- SEC filings
- Cash Flow
- Financial Statements
- Journal Entries
- Due Diligence
- Vendor Management
- Financial Reporting
Wally Adeoye,'s Education
Palm Beach Atlantic University West Palm
1992 – 1994
1987 – 1991
Contact Wally for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- expertise requests
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Wally Adeoye,’s full profile to...
- See who you and Wally Adeoye, know in common
- Get introduced to Wally Adeoye,
- Contact Wally Adeoye, directly