Records Manager at Botswana Qualifications Authority (former BOTA)
- Education Management
Trevor Moatlhodi's Overview
- Records Manager at Botswana Qualifications Authority (former BOTA)
- Records Manager at Botswana National Archives and Records Services
Trevor Moatlhodi's Summary
A seasoned and dedicated information management professional (Records Manager) with 10 years of post-graduate experience having worked in Government and in a quasi-government agency in Botswana. I started off at Botswana National Archives where I practiced at ranks of Records Officer, Assistant Records Manager and Records Manager.
I have designed, developed and implemented Records Management systems and policies. I have strong background on both manual and Electronic Records Management Systems (ERMS).
Another strength that I have is in the management of Records Centres(storage for semi-current records). I have managed the Botswana National Archives records centre holding 24 000 boxes of records through accessioning, appraisal, retrieval, environmental condition control, records security etc for 6years.
Im one of the first Batswana to test and implement HP TRIM (an enterprise document and records management system for physical and electronic records)
Im currently at Botswana Training Authority as Manager responsible for efficient and systematic control of creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of all official records. In February 2011 I certified as a HP TRIM Administrator, Power user and Workflow Specialist.
NB: HP TRIM is certified for Records Management Standard ISO 15489-1:2001 and DoD 5015.2
The rest of my experience and expertise can be viewed below.
Specialties: Records Management, Archives Administration, Information Management,Team leadership, Result Oriented, Critical Thinker, Team player
Trevor Moatlhodi's Experience
Government Agency; 51-200 employees; Education Management industry
June 2010 – Present (4 years 4 months) Gaborone, Botswana
Design and Coordination of the BOTA Records Management Programme in accordance with ISO 9001 and ISO 15489.
- Development and Implementation of BOTA Records Management System, Policies and Procedures
- Development and Implementation of Records Policy
- Development and implementation of a manual Records Management system and incorporation it with TRIM (EDRMS) and monitor usage of the system.
- Development and Implementation of Records Classification Scheme
- Appraisal of non-current records
- Liason with Quality Assurance Division on QMS issues
- Sensetization of BOTA staff on Records Management
- Pre-empt records management problems through regular audits and advise management.
Botswana National Archives and Records Services
September 2005 – June 2010 (4 years 10 months) Gaborone, Botswana
1. Implementation of HP TRIM in the Management of Records for the NARMS Project
- Review of system functional specification and sign off.
- User Acceptance Testing(UAT)
- Coordination of Data Taken On for RMU & RC Subsystems
- Member of the taskforce for implementation of Stage 2 of the project.
- Development of a change management strategy for NARMS Stage 2
2. Records Manager responsible for Management of semicurrent records at BNARS Head Office Records Centre. Duties included:
- Allocation of records centre space to Government Ministries records
- Coordination of Records Appraisal
- Implementation of Disposal of Records
- Implementation of Business Process Re-engineering recommendation in the Records Centre
3. Coordination of Records Management in 5 Ministries
- Liason with Ministerial Records Managers on RM activities
- Implement 12 Records Management Key Result Areas (KRAs)
- Provide awareness raising on Records Management Procedures to action officers and RM staff
Trevor Moatlhodi's Volunteer Experience & Causes
Causes I care about:
- Arts and Culture
- Human Rights
Trevor Moatlhodi's Publications
BATTLING THE APPRAISAL BACKLOG: A CHALLENGING PROFESSIONAL OBLIGATION FOR BOTSWANA NATIONAL ARCHIVES AND RECORDS SERVICES (BNARS)
- ESARBICA JOURNAL Vol 29 Pages: 67-86
- February 1, 2010
This paper discusses the challenges faced by Botswana National Archives
and Records Services in addressing its appraisal backlog.The challenges presented relate to professional records management matters, records management structure in the public sector, human resource issues and BNARS operational issues. Ongoing strategies and planned
solutions addressing the challenges are also discussed.
- The Eastern Librarian, Volume 23(1), 2012, Pages: 24-36.
- November 30, 2012
The task of purging some records and retaining others for long term preservation in an archival repository has not been an easy one for records professionals. This task is even made more difficult by the fact that what is destroyed as useless by today’s standards can prove to be of invaluable use tomorrow. Ideally, archivists would want to keep everything to avoid such errors of judgment. However, the reality of limited storage facilities and the rate at which records are generated makes it impossible to preserve each and every record produced. This paper, co- authored by a graduate student and his mentor, discusses theories of records selection to help shape the difficult decisions of “to keep” and “what to eliminate” in an archival repository.
Trevor Moatlhodi's Courses
Botswana National Archives and Records Services
- Records Managers Training (8 weeks) UB
Botswana Qualifications Authority (former BOTA)
- HP TRIM Administration and Workflow
- Bullet Proof Manager (Block release)
- Implementating Electronic Documents and Records Management Systems
- Effective Handling of Discipline in the workplace
- Leadership, Emotional Intelligence and Dynamic Customer Service
Trevor Moatlhodi's Languages
English(Full professional proficiency)
Tswana(Native or bilingual proficiency)
Trevor Moatlhodi's Skills & Expertise
- Records Management
- ERMS(Electronic Records Management Service)
- Archives Administration
- HP TRIM
- Metadata Management
- ISO 9001
- ISO 15489
- Enterprise Content Management
- Information Management
- Team Leadership
- Business Process Re-engineering
- Business Process Mapping
- Iso 9000
- Digital Preservation
- Information Literacy
- Collection Development
- Project Management
- Change Management
- Document Management
- Knowledge Management
- Business Analysis
- Special Collections
- Library Science
Trevor Moatlhodi's Additional Information
- Groups and Associations:
Trevor Moatlhodi's Education
Contact Trevor for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Trevor Moatlhodi’s full profile to...
- See who you and Trevor Moatlhodi know in common
- Get introduced to Trevor Moatlhodi
- Contact Trevor Moatlhodi directly