Supply Chain Manager at J&J Construction
- Nashville, Tennessee (Greater Nashville Area)
- Oil & Energy
Tonya Schantz's Overview
- Supply Chain Manager at J&J Construction
- Supply Chain Manager at Professional Directional Oil and Gas Energy Drilling Services
- Regional Business Development Manager at Sam's Club - Walmart Corporation
- International Oil and Gas Supply Chain Manager at Applus Velosi RTD Oil and Gas Services
- Store Director at Follett Higher Education Group
- Assistant to the Director of Operations at Sears Customer Direct Fullfillment Center
- Governors State University
- Kankakee College
Tonya Schantz's Summary
A self-motivated, resourceful person, who is organized and goal-oriented with a unique ability to multi-task while maintaining primary focus on priority assignments in a complex environment with a reputation for displaying professionalism and high levels of integrity.
Tonya Schantz's Experience
Supply Chain Manager
November 2012 – Present (1 year 11 months) Nashville, TN
• Strategically planned projects, scheduled equipment, personnel, and shipments within deadline.
• Negotiated contracts up to $54 million, focusing on customer renewal, retention, and partnership widening.
• Streamlined delivery times with suppliers, decreasing time from 9 days to 5 days.
• Developed and led cross functional teams to achieve goals for North America.
• Expanded product lines, increased efficiencies, reduced quality and safety occurrences.
• Managed purchase order execution, mitigation of billing adjustments, and accomplished cost reduction goals, saving over $3 million dollars quarterly.
• Maintained strategic sourcing, accounts receivable and payable, personnel, and contract management for both construction and oil and gas accounts.
Supply Chain Manager
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Oil & Energy industry
April 2008 – November 2012 (4 years 8 months) Conroe, TX
• Exceeded operational objectives by developing strategic partnerships with customers and suppliers by developing and implementing purchasing, operations, logistical, and production systems with strong attention to detail and effective communication within a fast paced, complex environment.
• Excel in trouble shooting by translating problems into practical solutions. Performed multiple departmental audits.
• Accomplish results with employee development, coaching, mentoring, and retention.
• Utilized effective negotiation with vendors and strengthened the customer relationships and saved $7 million dollars quarterly.
• Modernized the Directional Drilling inventory department with an ERP/MRP system and identified the root causes for concern. Implemented effective control measures for accuracy, accountability, and integrity of the department.
• Improved the logistical and expediting processes by developing control measures and SOP’s to prevent receiving errors. Reduced consumables cost and wastage by 40% by proper planning, scheduling, and coordinating.
Regional Business Development Manager
Sam's Club - Walmart Corporation
November 2008 – February 2010 (1 year 4 months) Bentonville, AR and Houston, TX
As a Regional Business Development Manager, I had the opportunity to work with one of the most successful companies in the world and help with the development of their supply chain and distribution techniques. I worked daily with vendors to grow the company business from a personal and commercial perspective. I had the opportunity to work with several Executive level management that clearly showed why Wal-Mart Corporation is so successful.
• Acquired new contracts, increasing sales by 26%. Developed budgets, forecasting models, and schedules to work with over 1,000 vendors daily. Identified and capitalized on new opportunities for growth.
• Located potential partners by analyzing market strategies, profit potentials, and focusing on brand management, strategy, and execution.
International Oil and Gas Supply Chain Manager
Applus Velosi RTD Oil and Gas Services
November 2006 – November 2008 (2 years 1 month) Rotterdam Area, The Netherlands
• Supervised Ultrasonic and Radiographic NDT Pipe Welding, planning, and purchasing for 36 global locations utilizing ERP/MRP, and APICS inventory systems for global personnel and equipment, saving over $1.2 million in annual expenses, added 18% to bottom line.
• Assisted LNG personnel with travel, equipment, location, visas, and safety certifications.
• Implemented MSDS, Hazardous Materials and taught safety classes, decreasing safety issues by 94.78%. Increased cross functionality of team.
Privately Held; 5001-10,000 employees; Retail industry
September 2002 – November 2006 (4 years 3 months) Greater Chicago Area and San Antonio, TX
• Achieved over $101 million in sales and increased profitability over 20%.
• Managed all operational procedures, purchasing, accounting, logistics, planning, scheduling, visual merchandising, training and development.
• Developed excellent relationships with Dean of Students and corporate partnerships. Construction project management from ground up and remodels.
• Maintained payroll for over 135 employees; performed auditing, performance evaluations, reduced shrink by over 25% within region.
• Improved visibility of company brand through public relations and fundraising with University Staff including: Presidents, Registrars, Professors, Deans, Campus groups, US Military, and the Generalate to achieve cohesive objectives.
Assistant to the Director of Operations
Sears Customer Direct Fullfillment Center
September 1999 – September 2002 (3 years 1 month) Manteno, IL
• Developed supply chain conveyor and shelving system to expedite customer orders at 1.5 million square foot fulfillment center. Shortened lead time by 2 days, saving over $2 million dollars within first year, while attending full-time college.
• Supervised rotational crew, including cross functional training, planning, scheduling, trouble shooting, inventory control management, budgeting, reports, and testing.
Tonya Schantz's Languages
English(Native or bilingual proficiency)
Tonya Schantz's Certifications
DuPont Safety Manager Training
- December 2013
APICS CPIM and CSCP
- August 2011
CPR/First Aid - First Responder
- Red Cross
- May 2013 to May 2016
Health and Safety Awareness and Team Building
- April 2013
Lithium Battery Safety Certification
- Charger Industries
- April 2013
Tonya Schantz's Honors and Awards
Continuous Improvement ManagerJ&J Construction
- January 2014
Six Sigma Black Belt focusing on process Continuous Improvement and meeting corporate objectives with customer focus and increasing profitability.
Six Sigma Black BeltJ&J Construction
- October 2013
Customer Service AwardVice President
- July 2005
For excellence in customer service, having a store that was used as a training store for Corporate Development on Best Practices and SOP's, and for increasing profitability over 28%.
Dean's List from 1998 - 2003
- August 2000
Consistently met requirements for Dean's List.
Tonya Schantz's Skills & Expertise
- Public Sector
- Supervisory Skills
- Safety Management Systems
- Emergency Management
- Contract Management
- Risk Assessment
- Stakeholder Management
- Project Planning
- Operations Management
- Change Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Logistics Management
- Account Management
- Inventory Management
- International Relations
- International Project Management
- International Logistics
- Business Strategy
- Budget Setting
- People Development
- Master Scheduling
- Licensing Negotiations
- Customer Oriented
- Six Sigma
- Lean Manufacturing
- Supply Chain Consulting
- Innovation Management
- Manufacturing Operations Management
- Highly detail oriented
- Committed to Professionalism
- Business Travel
Tonya Schantz's Education
Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.Sc.), Business with Supply Chain Management Concentration
2000 – 2003
Associate of Science (A.S.), Environmental Science
1998 – 2000
Tonya Schantz's Additional Information
Management training, volunteering for Military Family activities, Quilting, Cycling, Swimming, Running, Earth Day, Investing, Photography, mentoring and tutoring children.
Contact Tonya for:
View Tonya Schantz’s full profile to...
- See who you and Tonya Schantz know in common
- Get introduced to Tonya Schantz
- Contact Tonya Schantz directly