Thomas (T.J.) Yablonski
Tom Wolf For Governor
- Scranton, Pennsylvania Area
- Government Administration
Thomas (T.J.) Yablonski's Overview
- Regional Field Director at Tom Wolf For Governor
- Legislative Assistant For State Represenatative Kevin Haggerty at Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Aquatics and Recreation Supervisor at Eagle Lake Community Association
- Staff Assistant For Senator Bob Casey at United States Senate
- Assistant Field Director at Corey O’Brien & Jeanette Mariani for Lackawanna County Commissioners
- Regional Field Organizer at Carney for Congress
- Lifeguard at Eagle Lake Community Association
- Northeast Director for College Outreach at Citizens for Arlen Specter
- Volunteer at Chris Doherty for Mayor
- Staff Assisstant at Northeast Office of United States Senator Arlen Specter
- Professional Detailer at Covington Car Care Center
- University of Scranton
- North Pocono High School
Thomas (T.J.) Yablonski's Summary
Specialties: Proficient in PC technology, Windows XP, MS Office 2010, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Internet, email, MS Internet Explorer.
Thomas (T.J.) Yablonski's Experience
Legislative Assistant For State Represenatative Kevin Haggerty
Government Agency; 501-1000 employees; Legislative Office industry
December 2012 – Present (1 year 11 months) Dunmore PA
-Assists constituents with questions and concerns relating to state agencies and state governmental matters.
-Works directly with local businesses and organizations on obtaining state funding and grants for projects.
-Assists in planning offical events sponsored by the State Representative.
-In charge of maintaining the State Representative’s social media sites. (Facebook & Twitter)
-In charge of researching legislation and policy concepts and drafting legislation proposals for the State Representative.
- One of the point persons to staff the Representative at events.
Aquatics and Recreation Supervisor
Eagle Lake Community Association
May 2010 – November 2012 (2 years 7 months) Covington Township Pa
- As an aquatics and recreation supervisor I have managed a staff of roughly 50 to 60 employees.
- Oversaw the daily activities of Eagle Lake’s aquatics and recreation staff and one of the point persons for complaints and concerns of residents within the community.
- Responsible for determining employees starting wage and scheduling employees bi-weekly.
- Responsible for interviewing and selecting job candidates and evaluating employees’ performance. Responsible for initiating disciplinary actions when necessary.
Staff Assistant For Senator Bob Casey
Government Agency; 1001-5000 employees; Legislative Office industry
January 2011 – May 2011 (5 months) Scranton, Pennsylvania Area
Assist constituents with questions and concerns over the phone, through letters and in person.
-Perform casework on behalf of constituents with federal government agencies.
-Aide to the Senator when attending events in Northeastern Pennsylvania
Assistant Field Director
Corey O’Brien & Jeanette Mariani for Lackawanna County Commissioners
January 2011 – May 2011 (5 months) Scranton
•Responsible for implementing a field plan which detailed the best and most efficient ways to perform voter outreach. Also, responsible for preparing scripts and survey questions for voter outreach.
•Tracking voter responses and questions in a data base called Votebuilder which were gained through voter outreach
•Writing campaign and fundraising letters on behalf of the candidates.
Regional Field Organizer
Carney for Congress
July 2010 – November 2010 (5 months)
-Managed field organization responsibilities in three counties in the 10th Congressional District (Lycoming, Sullivan, Tioga).
-Also managed the field organization responsibilities of the largest city in the district (Williamsport).
-Developed and delivered an informational presentation about the Congressman Carney's campaign and accomplishments to a diverse audience organized by the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) and Community Alliance for Progressive Positive Action (CAPPA).
-Attended events and receptions with and on behalf of Congressman Carney.
-Coordinated political events for the Congressman to attend with several community organizations.
-Responsible for making/managing between four hundred to five hundred phone calls per day on behalf of Congressman Carney's campaign.
-Performed college outreach to The University of Scranton, Lycoming College, and Pennsylvania School of Technology.
-Recruited and organized volunteers and volunteer activities.
-Used Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint to develop spreadsheets and documents to create schedules, track volunteer assignments, and work hours.
-Worked closely with community and civic leaders informing them how Congressman Carney's political agenda benefits the country, the district, and the local communities.
Northeast Director for College Outreach
Nonprofit; 11-50 employees; Political Organization industry
September 2009 – May 2010 (9 months)
-Coordinated College Outreach with students on college campuses throughout a fourteen county area.
-Attended events and receptions with and on behalf of Senator Specter.
-Organized media events and public appearances by the Senator on college campuses.
-Responsible for recruiting and organizing volunteers for the campaign efforts.
-Coordinated a "Students for Specter" coalition.
-Responsible for phone banking and canvassing neighborhoods.
-Met with potential voters to educate them on Senator Specter's political views and voting record.
-Conducted voter registration drives.
-Served as a surrogate for Senator Specter for several speaking engagements.
Chris Doherty for Mayor
March 2009 – November 2009 (9 months)
-Co-Organized student group, “University of Scranton Students for Chris Doherty”.
-Conducted phone banks, door to door canvassing, and poll watching.
-Assisted in organizing a Mayoral debate on The University of Scranton’s campus
Government Agency; 1001-5000 employees; Legislative Office industry
September 2008 – September 2009 (1 year 1 month)
-Assisted constituents with questions and concerns over the phone and in person.
-Performed casework on behalf of constituents with federal government agencies.
-Researched legislation and assisted with drafting memorandums and provided input into briefings for the Senator.
Thomas (T.J.) Yablonski's Skills & Expertise
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- Public Relations
- Public Speaking
- Proposal Writing
- Social Media
- Legislative Relations
Thomas (T.J.) Yablonski's Education
Bachelors, Political Science and History
2006 – 2010
Activities and Societies: Member of College Democrats (2006 -2010) -President of College Democrats (2009-2010), Member of Pre-Law Society (2006 - 2010) -Vice President of Pre-Law Society (2009 - 2010), Member of Habitat for Humanity (2008 - 2010), Co-Editor of The University of Scranton Polity Journal
North Pocono High School
High School Degree
2002 – 2006
Thomas (T.J.) Yablonski's Additional Information
Contact Thomas (T.J.) for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Thomas (T.J.) Yablonski’s full profile to...
- See who you and Thomas (T.J.) Yablonski know in common
- Get introduced to Thomas (T.J.) Yablonski
- Contact Thomas (T.J.) Yablonski directly