Galaxy Chemicales (Egypt) S.A.E
|Recommendations||7 people have recommended Sumeet Dinesh|
Join LinkedIn & access Sumeet Dinesh's full profile
Profile at a Glance
Proven track record in managing finance operations, adept in driving corporate finance operations, business partnering, strategic planning & implementation, project management and statutory audits across various industry verticals.
Expertise in devising operating policies for new organization (in Finance, SCM and IT) & systems ERP’s (SAP & MS NAV) and contributing towards improved financial performance, heightened productivity and enhanced internal controls.
Offering in-depth knowledge & proficiency in handling global financial functions, exposed to Pharmaceutical & Chemical businesses across Asia, Middle East and Europe. Travelled and worked various locations of India and across countries of Egypt, Germany, Switzerland and APAC Region (Singapore, Japan, China, Bangladesh and Indonesia).
Good with strategies and business numbers (Financial Management) with ability to liaise and relate to people across all hierarchical levels.
Acknowledged for well-defined understanding of finance intricacies and ability to identify and align organizations’ emerging needs with quality solutions.
Recognized for outstanding personnel leadership and decision making skills, inspiring team to deliver time bound results.
Skilled in optimizing teams dynamics, uniting diverse agendas to a common goal, and harnessing strategic and operational drivers to deliver results.
Areas of Expertise…
Strategic Planning & Implementation
Business Forecasting & Analysis
Tax Planning & Transfer Pricing
Financial Analysis and Reporting
Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) compliances
ERP (SAP & MS NAV)
Team Building, Management & Training
• Setup, optimize & lead Financial, IT & SCM Operations in Egypt. Appoint & develop team to handle operations at Egypt including outsourcing for various services.
• Business modeling with various options to seek fast growth and sustainability in tight market.
• Drive & Lead ERP (MS NAV)
• Optimum utilization of resources via controlling ongoing project spending and realization of business opportunities and targets.
• Ensure entire operations are carried out in compliance with strategy and Budget objective.
• Raise early warnings on deviation from business targets.
• Strengthening costing and MIS system.
• Regularly review & control of cost so as to be within the budget. Review of MIS on each aspect and action plan for variation control
• Develop Accounting & Costing manuals & SOP’s/policies and implementation of same.
• Handle Statutory, Internal Audits & setting SOX guidelines. Support business and Customer Audits.
• Design SOX & internal controls.
• Prepare and execute strategy and budgeting
• Mange funding and cash flow at all levels
• Manage Capital expenditure within budgeted amount and project controlling.
• Transfer price working; handle cost reduction and improvement of Working capital.
• Ensure legal compliance including Free Zone requirements.
• Coordinate with Financial institutes, Investment Ministry, India Embassy in Egypt and Government authorities at all levels.
• Optimize logistic movements and working out best freight options as long term strategy
• Implement business modeling to reduce Supply Chain cycle and explore new product markets.
• Spearhead Business improvement (Market driven) and Cost improvement programs.
• Lead and managed the business planning process for TechOps in APAC,
• Promoted challenging/stretch targets to optimize profitability, with consideration of all manufacturing sites and BU as a whole.
• Designed and maintained early warning systems for financial tracking, ensuring accurate advance warning for all financial results.
• Lead strategy development for APAC. Responsible for consolidation of APAC, optimization COGS and product distribution in APAC.
• Provided interpretation to management to drive decision-making, optimum utilization of resources and realization of business opportunities and targets.
• Handled Cost Audit, NPPA Audits and support to group & statutory audits.
• Ensured that COGS are within limits & support Transfer Pricing and promotion strategy to ensure that margins are within targets.
• Ensured that target deck, LE deck is prepared with best quality by proper co-ordination & challenging the assumptions with all units in the BU and submit to HQ in time.
• Proactively carried out value added analysis on financial data, supporting and testing information provided by global financial officers.
• Ensured compliance to Internal Audit and Incontrol (SOX).
• Reviewed investment proposals in CAR format and challenge the assumptions before finally recommending to the management for approval.
• Took active part in Operating Committee of the BU & support the business management in defining & monitoring KPIs, i.e. Sales, EBIT, Period Expenses, Working capital and Gross Assets etc.
• Identified key business drivers and anticipate trends to propose action plans that will enhance business performance.
• Prepared ‘what ifs’, SWOT and sensitivity analysis and advise the management on various business trends.
• Identified and integrate best practice financial planning and forecasting tools to maximize their impact; provide input for improvements and business development.
• Managed the business planning process for TechOps Globally.
• Developed and used financial early warning forecast systems. Delivered clear financial decision support to the Global Head.
• Supported management in order to drive decision-making, and realization of business opportunities and targets
• Ensured to provide timely accurate data and financial analysis to support Management in decision-making.
• Coordinated financial planning and controlling processes to develop mid-term plans and budgets.
• Lead Budget/LF processes for Global TechOps, managed monthly Rolling Forecast including analysis of deviations and Risks & Opportunities.
• Prepared monthly reporting and presentations for senior management and provide relevant variance analysis (actuals against Latest Forecast (LF), prior year and budget)
• Prepared and supported the annual Strategic Plan process for Global TechOps
• Delivered ad-hoc analysis/reports.
• Supervised & coordinated entire activities to ensure proper month/quarter/year end closing.
• Ensured compliance of processes with accounting and reporting guidelines.
• Challenged status quo regarding planning and performance processes and designed business processes to improve effectiveness & efficiency of the organization/functions.
• Trained and supported the business partners with regard to planning & reporting activities
• Participated/led Functional related projects or other Basel projects (cross divisional, cross functional) as Finance representative
• Supported productivity initiatives, track and validate savings.
Manager Finance (2006)
Assistant Manager Finance (2004)
Senior Executive (2003)
Management Trainee (2001)
• Designed, prepared and analyzed MIS Reports at Global level.
• Accounts Payable & Receivable.
• Handled Cash Flows, Fund Flows and Incontrol (SOX), PPE & PIN cycle.
• Independently handled cost audit & statutory audits.
• Implementation of costing policies
• Monthly Reporting’s & MIS
• Coordinated, prepared and analyzed Budget/LE at Global level.
• Prepared and monitored costing as per manual and SOP’s.
• Ensured optimum utilization of capacities and resources.
• Involved in Investment Reporting with experience in the areas of month end closing procedure, accounting and reconciliation.
KEY JOB ACHIEVEMENTS
o Setup and mentoring of teams
o Maitained relation with financial institutes, Investment Ministry, Embassy & Govt authorities at all levels.
o Design SOX & internal controls for Mio 80 USD Business
o Implementation of MS NAV ERP project
o Lead Business improvement (Market driven) and Cost improvement programs
o Business modeling with various options to seek fast growth and sustainability in tight market.
o Identified as Best Performer in Germany in 2007 during one year assignment
o Awarded for KEY COMPETENCE/ OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE in 2006
o Awarded as MOST PROMISING YOUNG EXECTUTIVE in 2002 .
o Part of many projects teams for improvements and innovations
o 2 cycles of SAP implementation
o COGNOS Implementation: Core team member and implemented in record time of 20 working days
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
Finance Director - Asia (excluding Greater China) at Videojet Technologies
Leader-People Energy Process at Galaxy Surfactants Ltd.
Creating a Global Team of Passionate People at Galaxy Surfactants
Head - International Business Creation
Manager Finance at Galaxy Surfactants Limited
Director - Home & Personal Care (Global) at
Sr.Officer - People Energy at Galaxy Surfactants Limited
Senior Officer - Innovation Process at Galaxy Surfactants
CHAIRMAN at GALAXY SURFACTANTS LTD