Join LinkedIn and access Steve's full profile. It's free!
As a LinkedIn member, you'll join 300 million other professionals who are sharing connections, ideas, and opportunities.
- See who you know in common
- Get introduced
- Contact Steve directly
I have launched AV Advocates as an independent consultancy, serving middle-market firms with professional advice and services in the acquisition and application of audiovisual technologies and integrated services.
AV Advocates provides cost-effective real-world consultation in the field of audiovisual and videoconferencing technologies. We deliver solid advice and assistance in project bench-marking, planning, design, vendor selection and project management.
I have personally launched, managed and completed hundreds of projects, large and small, working with corporate clients, educational institutions, governmental agencies and non-profit organizations across the country.
AV Advocates brings projects from conception to reality, avoiding costly missteps and expensive delays, helping our clients deliver a finished project, at a lower total cost, on a faster time frame. We ensure that stakeholder's needs are met, management goals become reality and vendors are held to the highest standards.
I hold a Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) designation in the field of audiovisual integration, and maintain my knowledge of technology trends and industry innovations through this and many other relationships within the industry.
I bring my personal experience as a business owner, corporate executive and technology specialist to AV Advocates clientele.
Past engagements have included work for Cisco Systems, The University of Georgia, Time Warner Cable, Georgia Pacific, Bank of America, Lockheed, Panduit Corporation, McKesson, The Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau, Children's Hospital, Northside Hospital, Siemens, The City of Atlanta, and KIA Motors.
• Developed the sales & marketing programs and strategic business plans for the company from inception.
• Executed those plans in the field, working in tandem with the audiovisual engineering and software design teams.
• Promoted the product in the field worldwide, working directly with both key direct accounts and the dealer channel.
• Developed, negotiated and closed significant crucial client relationships, inclusive of several multi-million dollar accounts in both the commercial and higher education market sectors.
• Engaged key market drivers in the consultancy and design field to gain acceptance of IT based audiovisual control applications and devices.
• Created the collateral intelligence for the company and channel sales teams relevant to each product developed by the software design team.
• Coordinated with the programming and design teams to refine the product line to suit the needs of a growing client base.
• Planned the promotional events and major trade shows for the exposure of the company and its products to the information technology and audiovisual integration & design marketplace.
Sales Manager – Commercial AV Integration
• Managed the commercial integration team, inclusive of recruitment, training, compensation development, marketing & promotion, strategic CRM systems development, and development of divisional revenue and profit planning.
Director – Print Management Group
• Created the Global Imaging Systems Print Management Group, inclusive of brand conception, pricing, supplier & vendor relations, technical applications for enterprise print management client solutions and direct sales to commercial clientele.
• Founded and developed a commercial copier, printer and digital multifunctional device dealership.
• Directed the financial operations of the company, inclusive of vendor and supplier relationships, key business development partnerships, staffing plans, compensation programs, CRM protocols and financial compliance systems.
• Positioned the company for the successful and profitable sale of the firm to Xerox Corporation.
Search by name
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
People Also Viewed
Segment Sales Representative at Sony Electronics Professional Solutions of America
Media Collaboration Technical Sales Engineer at ClearOne
Director of Sales
General Manager at Xerox Audio Visual Solutions
Speaker / Trainer / Consultant : VP - CTO grAVITation TECH and Author: Da Vinci Sales - Selling Like Leonardo
Looking for a job on information technology.
RECEPTIONIST at SGS
Find a different Steve Curry
Superintendent Berkshire Hills Country Club ~ Owner Foothill Greens LLC
Greater New York City Area
Greater Boston Area
Founder & President at Metacloud
Greater Los Angeles Area
Associate Director-National Accounts/Market Access Training at Meda Pharmaceuticals
Greater Atlanta Area
Creative Director at Lewis Communications
Birmingham, Alabama Area