EI&C Designer at Beta-Tech Inc
- Calgary, Canada Area
- Industrial Automation
Serghei Bodrug's Overview
- Intermediate EI&C Designer at Beta-Tech Inc. (BTI)
- EI&C Designer at Imperial Oil
- EI&C Designer at Emerson Process Management
- Automotive licensed mechanic at ProLevel
- Automotive licensed mechanic at Two Square Auto repair
- Engineer at Romany Gaz Group
- Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT)
- Technical State University of Moldova
Serghei Bodrug's Experience
Intermediate EI&C Designer
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Oil & Energy industry
June 2012 – Present (2 years 5 months) Calgary,AB
Automation and control systems - process control, upgrader operations and engineering design.Design, Engineer and Program Safety Shutdown Systems (PLC-based). Testing against P&IDs, C&E, narratives and similar design documents. Prepare Instrument Datasheets.Prepare Schedules & List ( I/O list, Instrument index,Panel schedule etc.,)
• Develop, maintaining, and optimizing Control Systems implementations including operation & maintenance procedures.
• Monitoring and identifying malperforming instruments impacting control loop performance. Assists Project Engineers and develops new control schemes
• Create electrical designs in accordance with project specific requirements.
• Conduct system power up, trouble shooting and PLC programming.
• Manage and implement system documentation practices and file structure for electrical engineering.
• Review system designs for accuracy, cost effective and alignment with project requirements and time lines.
• Prepare detailed schematics and panel designs.
• Prepare detailed bill of materials.
• Research and specify electrical components based on project requirements.
• Provide technical assistance to manufacturing during system integration.
• Prepare sequence of operation documentation.
• Provide technical direction, project design expertise, project management, technical studies and economic analysis for maintenance activities, equipment modifications, upgrades, and performance improvements.
• Ensure appropriate maintenance activities are performed for electrical and instrumentation equipment to ensure reliable plant performance.
• Responsible for writing Technical specification documents
• Performs system analysis, improvement, scoping studies, front-end design work, and/or collaborates on designs with contractors and consultants.
Public Company; 5001-10,000 employees; IMO; Oil & Energy industry
2012 – 2014 (2 years)
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; Mechanical or Industrial Engineering industry
2013 – 2013 (less than a year)
Automotive licensed mechanic
November 2010 – August 2012 (1 year 10 months)
• Own, manage, operate and work as a journeyman mechanic.
• Perform diagnostics (Bosch ESITronic), maintenance and repairs of vehicle electronic systems (ex. Engine, transmission, drivetrain, suspension, etc.)
• Perform safety and out-of-province inspections regulated by Alberta Ministry of Transportation.
Automotive licensed mechanic
Two Square Auto repair
October 2006 – November 2010 (4 years 2 months)
• Diagnosed and repaired electrical and electronic systems related to: engine, air conditioning, heating,
airbag, ABS/Brake system, traction control, automatic transmission, information and
communications, cooling, chassis, wheels, suspension and steering.
• Used specialized automotive diagnostic tools including Auto logic, Star Diagnosis, VAG 5052,
Durametric and Programma Diagnosis in order to examine, evaluate and determine solutions for
repairing electrical and electronic Automotive systems and components.
Romany Gaz Group
August 2001 – September 2005 (4 years 2 months) Chisinau, Moldova
• Designed centralized digital monitoring and control systems for boiler plants, gas volume measurement correctors, and thermo energy distribution plants.
• Played a key role in the development of hardware and software allowing sensors to act individually instead of being controlled through a control unit.
• Instrumental in the development of a PLC for engineering students.
Serghei Bodrug's Languages
Romanian(Native or bilingual proficiency)
Russian(Native or bilingual proficiency)
English(Professional working proficiency)
Serghei Bodrug's Skills & Expertise
- Microsoft Office
- Customer Relations
- Control Systems Design
- Process Engineering
- Process Automation
- Fiber Optics
- Electrical Design
- Process Control
- Project Engineering
Serghei Bodrug's Education
Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT)
Advanced Diploma in Industrial Automation, Industrial Engineering
2010 – 2012
Technical State University of Moldova
Bachelor of Science, Electronic and Communications Engineering
1996 – 2002
Serghei Bodrug's Additional Information
Contact Serghei for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Serghei Bodrug’s full profile to...
- See who you and Serghei Bodrug know in common
- Get introduced to Serghei Bodrug
- Contact Serghei Bodrug directly