United Front Games
Senior UX Lead
|Recommendations||9 people have recommended Ryan|
Join LinkedIn & access Ryan's full profile
Senior UX Lead
I am a creative professional with more than 16 years in the interactive industry. Having worked for years on titles including Need For Speed, NHL, ModNation Racers and LittleBigPlanet Karting, I am well versed in providing high quality products.
My strengths rest in coming up with creative solutions to interactive problems: whether that's an entire product or a specific feature, system, or game mechanic - I'll give you something that is fun to play, intuitive and engaging.
Someone I admire once said, creativity cannot be taught, only fostered. I have had the pleasure of working with some of the best minds in the interactive industry and have been privileged to be a part of and observe both the successes and shortcomings of many projects; it is both these successes and failures that have made me a better designer and a better team member.
The user experience is at the forefront of everything I create: what is the purpose of this product? What emotions are we trying to evoke? What goal is the user trying to accomplish? What is their current obstacle, boundary or pain point? Understanding these fundamental concepts and then wrapping them in a compelling story is what drives me as a person.
I bring a keen mind, a sharp wit, a strong work ethic, and a desire to improve everything I get my hands on.
• AGILE DESIGN
• GAME DESIGN IDEATION, CREATION, AND DOCUMENTATION
• MECHANICS, CHARACTERS, SYSTEMS, AND BALANCING
• UX SPECIALIST
• EXPERT PHOTOSHOP + ILLUSTRATOR, ADVANCED FLASH, INTERMEDIATE SCRIPTING
• responsible for extensive User Generated Content systems that let users create entire worlds, characters and vehicles
• worked on several online social systems as well as matchmaking, sharing, searching, and downloading architectures
• taught and mentored game designers at the Vancouver Film School
• part of a very small team that made an app that reached the coveted #1 spot worldwide on Itunes
• Lead design for experiences on a highly innovative unreleased platform
• Designed and created feature sets, interaction models, pitches, and design documents
• Coordinated and delegated weekly tasks and roadmaps with art and tech leads
• Created and balanced character types, weapons, and attributes on an unreleased project
• Responsible for the design direction and a significant part of the implementation including interaction and scripting for several top selling interactive children's Apps including "A Charlie Brown Christmas" - which reached the #1 selling spot in the ITunes App Store
• UI Designer for Modnation Racers (82 Metacritic)
• UI Designer for LittleBigPlanet Karting (first 5 Months)
• Responsible for the design and feature set for our extensive World Creation System
• Created the feature set and customization system for expansive Character and Kart editor
• Designed and documented the entire menu system
• All wire-frames for the UI and interaction flow
• Wrote all tutorials (though had a professional writer do edits)
• Created Informative UI Icons
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
President, One Bit Labs
Emergent Technology Game Designer Producer at Microsoft through Aquent
Senior Software Development Engineer at Black Tusk Games
Studio Manager at Microsoft Studio
Chief Architect, One Bit Labs
Senior Software Engineer at Microsoft
HR Coordinator at United Front Games
Assistant Professor at Virginia Tech
Roanoke, Virginia Area
Operations Manager at Kel-West Carriers Ltd
British Columbia, Canada
Partner, Borchardt Senger & Associates, LLC
Greater Denver Area
Vancouver, Canada Area