Reimbursement Counselor/Site Coordinator at AmerisourceBergen
- Charlotte, North Carolina (Charlotte, North Carolina Area)
- Individual & Family Services
Ryan Byrd's Overview
- Reimbursement Counselor/Site Coordinator at AmerisourceBergen
- UNC Charlotte
- Zebulon B. Vance High School
Ryan Byrd's Experience
Reimbursement Counselor/Site Coordinator
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; ABC; Pharmaceuticals industry
August 2012 – Present (2 years 2 months) Charlotte, North Carolina Area
• Provides assistance to physician office staff and patients to complete and submit all necessary insurance forms and program applications.
• Completes and submits all necessary insurance forms and electronic claims to process the claims in a timely manner as required by all third party payers. Researches and resolves any electronic claim denials.
• Maintains frequent phone contact with provider representatives third party customer service representatives pharmacy staff and case managers.
• Researches and resolves any claim denials or underpayment of claims.
a. Job Complexity: Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined standard operating procedures to determine appropriate action. Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
b. Supervision: Typically receives little instruction on day-to-day work general instructions on new assignments.
Behavioral Health Counselor
Nonprofit; 201-500 employees; Individual & Family Services industry
March 2012 – August 2012 (6 months)
• Provide, coordinate, and monitor a variety of direct care activities for children in a residential treatment environment.
• responsible for ensuring children are engaged in consistent and appropriate recreational and educational activities that enrich the therapeutic milieu
• maintain professionalism and exhibit excellent customer service to children and their family members during staffing and treatment planning
• Ensure clinical interventions according to NMT model
Defined Benefits Specialist
Privately Held; 10,001+ employees; Financial Services industry
August 2010 – August 2011 (1 year 1 month)
• Providing information about financial products and services to help participants maximize their plans for retirement
• Educate customers on ways to maximize their Pension plan by identifying, responding, and assessing their needs
• Process account inquiries, historical transaction information and check replacement
• Communicate contribution, loan processing and withdrawal guidelines
• Administer Pension distribution payouts
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; WFC; Financial Services industry
March 2010 – August 2010 (6 months)
• Provide excellent customer service by answering or referring financial questions to correct supervisory staff.
• Sell official instruments, including cashier's checks, traveler's checks, and money orders. Provide teller transaction quality and efficiency to customers.
• Maintain and balance cash drawer.
• Uncover customer needs beyond the immediate transaction and successfully transitioned the customer to the appropriate source to address the need.
Ryan Byrd's Skills & Expertise
- Crisis Intervention
- Case Managment
- Mental Health
- Microsoft Excel
- Customer Service
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Community Outreach
Ryan Byrd's Education
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Industrial and Organizational Psychology
2005 – 2009
Activities and Societies: Psychology Coalition, Golden Key International Honor Society, Men's Health Initiative
Zebulon B. Vance High School
HS Diploma, General
2002 – 2005
Ryan Byrd's Additional Information
- Honors and Awards:
Graduated Cum Laude
Member of the Golden Key International Honor Society
Contact Ryan for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch