Director of Engineering
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Computer Software
Ryan Bourgeois's Overview
- Director of Engineering at WiFast
- Senior Engineer at SMS Systems Maintenance Services
- Computer Scientist at IT decision Management
- System Analyst I at Entergy Services, Inc
- Lead Developer at Axle Networks
- Systems Administrator at Louisiana Tech University
Ryan Bourgeois' Summary
Polyglot programmer with a passion for Linux and open source technologies.
Ryan Bourgeois' Experience
Director of Engineering
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Internet industry
October 2012 – Present (2 years) Mountain View, CA
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
February 2012 – January 2013 (1 year) Overland Park, KS
In 2012 my employer, IT decision Management, was purchased by SMS. I do all the same things but more corporatey.
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
January 2008 – May 2012 (4 years 5 months) Overland Park, KS
• Purchased March of 2012 by Systems Maintenance Services, Inc. (SMS).
• Provided Managed Services for VoIP and Networking.
• Developed and maintained MVNE software in .NET, Java, and MSSQL.
• Developed systems automation tools in Python.
• Systems Administrator for Linux (Ubuntu Server LTS, CentOS) and Windows servers.
• Provided 24 hour support as needed.
System Analyst I
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; ETR; Utilities industry
March 2007 – December 2008 (1 year 10 months) Pine Bluff, Arkansas Area
• Developed and maintained power transmission scheduling software in .NET, Java, and Oracle PL/SQL.
• Provided 24 hour support for Transmission Operations.
Educational Institution; 1001-5000 employees; Higher Education industry
February 2005 – April 2006 (1 year 3 months) Ruston, LA
• For CAPS, the Louisiana Tech Center for Applied Physics Studies.
• Responsible for the upkeep of the CAPS network - a combination of Linux, BSD, and Windows servers and workstations.
• Distributed and maintained physics research related network-wide software.
• Completed the technical work to bring LaTech and LSU onto the Open Science Grid: http://www.lsureveille.com/news/lsu-tech-join-open-science-grid-1.1179141
Ryan Bourgeois' Skills & Expertise
- Open Source
- Unix Shell Scripting
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Network Engineering
- Device Drivers
- Cisco Networking
- Cisco Voice
- Cisco IOS
- Cisco Call Manager
- Cisco UCCX
- Cisco CUAE
- Cisco UCMS
- Cisco Technologies
- Windows Server
Ryan Bourgeois' Education
Computer Science, Super Computing, Robotics, Physics
2002 – 2007
Studied supercomputing (HA/HPC) under Dr. Box Leangsuksun.
Activities and Societies: Founder of the Tech Linux Users Group
Ryan Bourgeois' Additional Information
science fiction, technology, cars, paintball
- Groups and Associations:
Contact Ryan for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch