Digital at iTunes / Beats Music
- Greater Los Angeles Area
Rick Savage's Overview
- Digital - iTunes & Beats Music at Apple
- Executive Producer / Founder at TSG
Rick Savage's Summary
Coming up on 15 years in the music industry, Rick Savage creates content that has generated millions of views online as well as millions of dollars in revenue. Working with artists as varied as Tim McGraw to Kendrick Lamar, Lady Gaga to Metallica, The White Stripes to Kanye West, he is a proven leader that has excelled in not only content creation but marketing, programming and on-air talent.
Rick Savage's Experience
Digital - iTunes & Beats Music
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; AAPL; Consumer Electronics industry
July 2014 – Present (4 months)
Executive Producer / Founder
July 2012 – Present (2 years 4 months) Venice, CA
Music video content creation for Yahoo!, Universal Music Nashville, Interscope Records, Sony Music and more including live performance, interview and lyric videos.
Director/Executive Producer for Schoolboy Q Live Performance in partnership with Red Bull.
Director/Executive Producer for Yahoo! Crash Concerts featuring 50 Cent, Kendrick Lamar, Coheed & Cambria, Ellie Goulding.
Producer - Tim McGraw Live from USS Midway
Producer - Depeche Mode Live from SXSW
Producer - Yahoo! On The Road Tour (The Lumineers, FUN, Kendrick Lamar and others.)
Director of Original Content
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Entertainment industry
August 2009 – June 2012 (2 years 11 months)
Oversee creation and execution of original series, live performance and interview content.
• Creator and Executive Producer original series “VEVO Go Shows.” Some participating artists include Kid Cudi, Demi Lovato, Nas, Florence + The Machine, Weezer, La Roux. Over 40 million views and has generated over $6 million dollars in revenue.
• Executive Producer “VEVO Presents Kanye West & G.O.O.D. Music” live concert from SXSW 2011 with guests Jay-Z, Kid Cudi, Big Sean and more in partnership with General Motors.
• Executive Producer original content series “VEVO24s,” “Area Codes” and “VEVO Presents.”
• Executive Producer “VEVO Presents: Adam Lambert,” released commercially as “Glam Nation Live: Adam Lambert” on DVD and Blu-ray.
• Creator and Executive Producer original series “These Are The Breaks,” a behind the scenes look at DJs in partnership with Air Force.
• Conduct exclusive interviews for VEVO News. Some participating artists include Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, The Muppets, Alicia Keys, Nas.
• Work directly with sales and marketing teams to create custom content for clients such as Fed Ex, Starbucks, McDonalds and more that has generated over $10 million dollars in revenue.
• Manage relationships with external production partners.
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; Entertainment industry
2005 – 2010 (5 years)
• On Air talent for various shifts.
• Voice talent for campaigns for Seinfeld, NBC, NBA.
• On Air endorsement deal with General Motors.
• Interviewed Paramore, Jimmy Eat World, All-American Rejects and more.
• Heard amazing stories from Rodney On The Roq.
Director of Community Marketing
Public Company; 501-1000 employees; Music industry
2006 – 2009 (3 years)
Oversaw day to day operations of online communities for WBR roster including official artist sites, fan clubs, street teams and presence on social networks.
• Created online/offline marketing campaigns for Metallica, The White Stripes, My Chemical Romance and more.
• Established metrics for comminuties and tracked weekly goals across site traffic, social networks and mobiles lists.
• Managed online/offline street teams to promote releases, merchandise and ticket sales.
• Managed in house team of 6 employees and 22 WBR representatives across the US.
• Grew artists’ fan bases through online communities and social networks.
• Oversaw overall design of marketing tools and online elements for artist campaigns.
Music Director / Producer
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; YHOO; Internet industry
2004 – 2006 (2 years) Santa Monica, CA
• Evaluated new music videos and maintained strong relationships with music industry for content acquisition as well as sales and consumer marking promotions.
• Programmed 10 online radio stations for Musicmatch Radio and LaunchCast including Alternative Rock, Hip Hop, Indie Rock.
• Interviewed artists and produced original content segments for Who’s Next new music program and Nissan Live Sets program. Artists included Christina Aguilera, Tony Bennet, Foo Fighters and more.
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Computer Software industry
2002 – 2004 (2 years) San Diego, CA
On-Air Talent / Music Director
2000 – 2002 (2 years)
• On air talent for morning and afternoon drive time.
• Managed music direction, air talent and sales relationship for station.
• Evaluated new music and maintained strong relationships with record labels.
• Created, developed and executed promotions for sales team.
Rick Savage's Skills & Expertise
- Music Industry
- Social Networking
- Music Videos
- New Media
- Social Media Marketing
- Record Labels
- Digital Media
- Radio Broadcasting
- Content Strategy
- Content Development
- Digital Marketing
- Final Cut Pro
- Video Editing
- Web Video
- Digital Strategy
Rick Savage's Education
Rick Savage's Additional Information
- Groups and Associations:
- Honors and Awards:
LOS ANGELES MUSIC VIDEO FESTIVAL
Best Live Video - Winner
Tenacious D "Low Hanging Fruit" VEVO Go Shows
15TH ANNUAL WEBBY AWARDS
2011 Official Honoree – Music – VEVO Go Shows
2003 RADIO MUSIC AWARDS
Urban Music Director of The Year – Nominee
2002 SAN DIEGO READER
Best Radio Show – Winner
Featured in HITS Magazine, Album Network, FMQB
Contact Rick for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch