Richard C. Snider
Creative Marketing Communications Consultant at MarComM DynamiX
- Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul Area
- Marketing and Advertising
Richard C. Snider's Overview
- Marketing Communications Consultant at MarComM DynamiX
- Marketing Communications Manager at BAE Systems
- Marketing Communications Manager at United Defense LP
- Marketing Communications Coordinator at FMC Corporation
Richard C. Snider's Summary
Results-driven marketing communications professional; creates distinctive approaches to product, brand and corporate promotions in competitive local, regional, national and worldwide markets. Effectively integrates key messaging for sales and branding advertising, E-commerce media, trade exhibits and promotional events in unison with strategic and tactical collateral solutions that spark business growth, customer loyalty and profitability.
Advertising and branding for products and services with a specialty in defense sector and engineering-driven businesses,
Richard C. Snider's Experience
Marketing Communications Consultant
October 2006 – Present (8 years)
Directs marketing communications consultant services for businesses poised to accelerate customer awareness, new business tempo and return sales. Tailors creative, targeted, cost-effective advertising, branding and lead generation messaging that delivers customer focus for marketing specialty products and services.
Marketing Communications Manager
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; BA/; Defense & Space industry
July 2005 – September 2006 (1 year 3 months)
• Managed communication, marketing and vendor teams corporate-wide to integrate related U.S. and offshore products/businesses with regional operations, expanding BAE’s market coverage and post-merger business performance.
• Led ad agency team in selection/purchase of cost-effective print and internet media to increase merger announcement impressions by 1.3 million, accelerating worldwide visibility of BAE‘s acquisition of United Defense in key markets.
• Partnered with marketing managers in directing BAE’s advertising agency creative team to develop and dispatch post-merger trade advertising for timely and positive customer recognition of newly-transitioned products and capabilities.
• Galvanized market-leading new product introduction with U.S. and international saturation ad campaigns that contributed to over $85 million in near-term sales.
• Planned/directed fielding of 60+ trade show exhibits introducing BAE product identity to over 125,000 industry decision-makers at key U.S and international venues.
Marketing Communications Manager
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; UDI; Defense & Space industry
January 1996 – June 2005 (9 years 6 months)
• Managed marketing communications department, support and vendor teams in delivering full-spectrum creative services supporting the division’s national, corporate and international sales and marketing organization.
• Planned and managed advertising and promotion for product and new business marketing, key to 16% average annual increase in U.S. and worldwide business.
• Transitioned agency-based advertising to in-house, expanding market coverage by 35% while realizing over $55K annualized savings in creative and media costs.
• Directed over 45 trade show projects annually at U.S. and international venues serving all levels of engineering, sales and marketing requirements.
• Managed concept-to-market production of commemorative book project that profiled three generations of a distinguished navy family intertwined with U.S. naval history; published to coincide with 2003 commissioning of namesake warship USS MUSTIN.
• Focused acquisition team communications to effectively introduce and translate Sweden’s BOFORS AB products to U.S. customers and requirements, expanding United Defense product line and increasing U.S and worldwide sales.
Marketing Communications Coordinator
Public Company; 5001-10,000 employees; FMC; Chemicals industry
January 1985 – December 1995 (11 years)
• Partnered with management to develop a comprehensive marketing services group that consistently delivered timely, high-quality, cost-effective sales support critical in advancing defense-sector visibility and brand distinction.
• Coordinated advertising agency and marketing liaison to field U.S. and off-shore product advertising campaigns, exposition presence and promotional support collateral, effectively contributing to business expansion and market recognition for innovative applications of advanced technologies.
• Supervised internal staff and vendor liaison for exhibit design and display graphics, sales literature, video production and promotion collateral, achieving a cohesive and corporate-compliant marketing profile for the division.
• Introduced comprehensive staff training and interactive displays / briefings to exhibit operations resulting in rapid and widespread customer/industry familiarization with new product initiatives and innovative technology applications.
Richard C. Snider's Education
Master of Arts, Journalism and Mass Communications
1975 – 1977
- Specialization: video and film production, color photography
- Presto Foundation Scholarship; 3.85 GPA
- 1st Place Winner: 1977 WCCO Film and Video Contest / Video Documentary
Activities and Societies: - National Press Photographers Association
Bachelor of Arts, Journalism and Mass Communications
1970 – 1975
Presto Foundation Scholarship; 3.75 GPA
Activities and Societies: Major: Advertising; Specialization: Copywriting, Media Analysis and Graphic Design
Contact Richard C. for:
View Richard C. Snider’s full profile to...
- See who you and Richard C. Snider know in common
- Get introduced to Richard C. Snider
- Contact Richard C. Snider directly