Senior Technical Writer at Thomson Reuters Government Tax & Accounting
- Kalamazoo, Michigan Area
- Computer Software
Nancy Arnold's Overview
- Senior Technical Writer, Training and Documentation, Government Tax & Accounting, Thomson Reuters at Thomson Reuters, Government Tax & Accounting
- Technical Writer III at Clarke Engineering, Inc.
- Technical Writer/Business Process Modeler at TPI
- Technical Writer & Editor at Northrop Grumman Information Technology
- Writer at Self Employed
- Technical Writer at Advanced Systems & Designs
Nancy Arnold's Summary
Goal: Create effective, articulate, and accurate documentation.
Experience: 27 years experience writing, developing, and creating software, hardware, machinery, equipment, and pharmaceutical documentation, training materials, instructional design, user experience, enterprise resource planning, disaster recovery, process flow charting, and SOP documentation as well as business, product and promotional literature, brochures, advertising, and newsletters.
Specialties: Primary: MS Office suite, Visio
Secondary: Adobe suite, RoboHelp, FrameMaker, DreamWeaver
Nancy Arnold's Experience
Senior Technical Writer, Training and Documentation, Government Tax & Accounting, Thomson Reuters
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; TRI; Information Technology and Services industry
November 2008 – Present (5 years 11 months) Portage, Michigan
Write online help and training documentation for Aumentum Tax, our property tax revenue management application, used by jurisdictions worldwide to assess, tax, and distribute property taxes.
Technical Writer III
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Pharmaceuticals industry
June 2006 – January 2008 (1 year 8 months)
Technical Writer III. Write cGMP compliant documentation for a pharmaceutical company for packaging line equipment.
Technical Writer/Business Process Modeler
2008 – 2008 (less than a year)
Develop Visio flowcharts of company-wide processes in preparation for installation of an ERP system. Write user documentation for the system, assist with implementation by providing help desk support for users across the country.
Technical Writer & Editor
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; NOC; Defense & Space industry
March 2002 – November 2005 (3 years 9 months)
Research, develop, write, create flowcharts/screen captures, and publish system documentation for software applications, including but not limited to web and intranet client/server applications; conceptualize, design and write computer- and web-based training and marketing programs.
January 1989 – March 2002 (13 years 3 months)
Design, develop, write, and publish soft skills and technical training programs, instructional materials, employee handbooks, manufacturing/personnel SOPs, and technical documentation for software systems, equipment, manufacturing systems, scientific instrumentation, pharmaceutical lines/applications, and automotive components.
Advanced Systems & Designs
January 1987 – December 1989 (3 years)
Write and publish technical documentation and training materials for statistical process control, analysis of variance, and Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) software systems, company newsletter, product and promotional literature, and employee handbook materials
Nancy Arnold's Volunteer Experience & Causes
Causes I care about:
- Animal Welfare
- Arts and Culture
- Economic Empowerment
Organizations I support:
- Kalamazoo County Humane Society
- Sambodh Center for Human Excellence
- People's Food Co-op of Kalamazoo
- Kalamazoo Nature Center
- The Kalamazoo Gospel Mission
Nancy Arnold's Skills & Expertise
- MS Office Suite
- Software Documentation
- Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Office
- Technical Writing
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Technical Documentation
Nancy Arnold's Education
Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.), Fine Arts - Painting
1984 – 1985
Course work towards Masters in English: Professional Writing, Research and Writing, and Software Engineering.
B.F.A., Fine Arts/Business Communication Minor
1980 – 1983
* Received First Place WMU Art Department Painting Award, 1983
* Accepted into the annual Kalamazoo Institute of Arts area show, 1983
Nancy Arnold's Additional Information
Music, reading, art.
- Groups and Associations:
* Who’s Who of American Women, 1996 to present. * Who's Who of Science and Engineering, 1997 to present. * Kalamazoo Mandolin & Guitar Orchestra, 2002 to 2007. * Piano Instructor, 2004 to present. * Former Board Member, Sambodh Center for Human Excellence, 2003.
- Honors and Awards:
* WMU Art Department "Best Painter" painting award, 1983
* Dean's List, College of Arts & Sciences, WMU, 1983
* Self-published "Tetragonal Pyramids" a book of satirical poetry, 1982
* Awarded Reiki Master Certification, 2008
* Art Shows:
- Pioneer Park Annual Art Show, Kalamazoo, MI. Paintings, 2004.
- Kalamazoo Downtown Art Hop, 3-D Paintings at Plata y Oro, 2005.
- Featured Art Hop Artist in the Kalamazoo Gazette, June 2005.
- Kalamazoo Downtown Art Hop, 3-D Paintings at Something's Brewing, August 2005.
- Pasta Pasta Restaurant Artist Exhibit, Paintings, October, 2006.
* Musical Performances:
- Music Director, Summer Musical, Paw Paw Village Players Theatre, 2006.
- Jazz Standards Piano Performance, Annual Fete de la Musique, The Park Club, June 2007
- Jazz Standards Piano Performance, Annual Fete de la Musique, The Union and The Park Club, June 2008
- Jazz Standards Piano Performance, Annual Fete de la Musique, The Epic Bistro, June 2009.
Contact Nancy for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- expertise requests
- getting back in touch