Joint Programming Coordinator at EURAMET e.V.
- Berlin Area, Germany
Michael Huch's Overview
- Senior Consultant at VDI/VDE Innovation + Technik GmbH
- Joint Programming Coordinator at EURAMET e.V.
- Acting Director of the AAL Joint Programme Central Management Unit at AAL Association
- Project/Programme Manager at VDI/VDE Innovation + Technik GmbH
- Project Manager at IDC-Heidelberg GmbH
Michael Huch's Experience
Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
1998 – Present (16 years) Berlin Area, Germany
- support to the implementation of the German High-Tech strategy (from 2010)
- setting-up of the Ambient Assisted Living Joint Programme (2004-2009)
- German National Contact Point to FP5 and FP6 for Innovation (2002-2006)
- German National Contact to FP6 and FP7 for Microsystems Technologies (2004-2008)
- National Focus Point for Human Language Technologies (Euromap project) (1998-2003)
- Cross-border technology transfer within the Innovation Relay Centre network (1998-2002)
- Evaluations of R&D funding programmes (1999-2000; 2004)
Joint Programming Coordinator
September 2012 – August 2014 (2 years) Berlin / Braunschweig
The European Association of National Metrology Institutes (EURAMET) coordinates the cooperation of National Metrology Institutes (NMI) of Europe in fields like research in metrology, traceability of measurements to the SI units, international recognition of national measurement standards and related Calibration and Measurement Capabilities (CMC) of its members.
EURAMET is responsible for the execution of the European Metrology Research Programme (EMRP) which is implemented as a so-called article 185 (of the European treaty) initiative by 22 partner countries with a substantial financial contributon of the European Commission.
The Joint Programming Coordinator liaises between EURAMET members and European policy bodies (Commission, Parliament, Council), especially towards supporting the upcoming co-decision on the EMRP successor programme.
Acting Director of the AAL Joint Programme Central Management Unit
2007 – 2009 (2 years) Brussels and Berlin
- Support to the AAL Executive Board and AAL Advisory Board (meeting preparation and organisation, drafting minutes)
- Management of the first two AAL Calls for Proposals (documentation, info days, announcement, website, evaluation process)
- Organisation of AAL General Assembly Meetings (preparation of place and agenda, drafting minutes, input at meeting)
- Contract management with the EU and AAL member states (drafting annual work programme, progress reporting, updates of internal rules of order)
- Establishment of the AAL Central Management Unit´s facitlities (office, service contracts, hardware)
- support to legal issues of the AAL Association (year closing account, auditor´s report, insurances)
1993 – 1998 (5 years) Heidelberg Area, Germany
Technical cooperation / development aid
Organisation of study tours on various economic topics for higher ranks of governmental organisations from PR China, SR Vietnam, several former Sovjet Union member states (Uzbekistan, Kyrgyztan, Georgia)
Facilitator of project planning workshops
The private company ceased to exist in 1998.
Michael Huch's Skills & Expertise
- European Union
- Proposal Writing
- Technology Transfer
Michael Huch's Projects
Team Members: Michael Huch, Małgorzata Szołucha, Tarmo Pihl, Silver Toomla, Dina Berzina, Ivan Kulchytskyy, Frantisek Jakab, Marit van der Zee
- March 2005 to August 2007
The project PRO_NMS aimed at facilitating the participation of research organisations, SMEs, IT companies from New Member States (previous PL, SK, LV, LT, EE, HU) and the Ukraine in European Research projects, in priority of Information Communication Technologies (ICT). These countries were accompanied by partners from Austria and Germany.
The PRO_NMS consortium intended to reach the potential proposers to ICT Calls for Applicants, as well as to current and future ICT actions in European Research Programmes (FP6 and FP7).
The activities of the PRO_NMS consortium were focused on organisations from ICT fields (Strategic Objectives) most promising for NMS:
• Photonic components
• Micro/nano based sub-systems
• Embedded Systems.
The main activities carried out by the PRO_NMS project partners included:
• Partner search activities;
• Organisation of two rounds of training workshops lead in Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Latvia (for Estonia and Lithuania) and Ukraine;
• Organisation of Brokerage Events in Poland, Lithuania and Slovakia where the partners had the possibility to meet potential project partners, to exchange their experience and to present their fields of activities and their project ideas;
• Creation of the data base with contacts to key organisations operating in the research fields (Photonic components, Micro/nano based sub-systems, Embedded Systems);
• Consultancy activities (by preparation of proposals);
• Promotion of Key Players and potential project partners (the consortium prepared the catalogues of organisations);
• Dissemination of catalogues including key organisations from mentioned Strategic Objectives;
• Landscaping in the mentioned Strategic Objectives (included analysis of the results of previous ICT calls);
• Networking/Linking with ongoing projects from above mentioned research fields (Strategic Objectives);
• Promotion of the PRO_NMS project and the consortium partners at the international events.
Contact Michael for:
- career opportunities
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- reference requests
- getting back in touch