Merit Outsourcing Advisors
Outsourcing, Sourcing Strategy, (Re)Negotiation, Governance and Vendor Management at Merit Outsourcing Advisors
|Recommendations||15 people have recommended Michael|
Join LinkedIn & access Michael's full profile
Michael is the Managing Partner for Merit Outsourcing Advisors, formerly with Deloitte and IBM. His expertise is focused on outsourcing deal investigation, developing outsourcing strategies, providing outsourcing transaction leadership, vendor management and optimization strategies. With over 25 years of experience, he has held various outsourcing related functional roles including analytical, sales, pricing, negotiation, transaction leadership, project management and executive advisor.
He is an elite outsourcing advisor, with a strong working knowledge of Information Technology, Application Management Services, Human Resources, Customer Care, Finance & Administration, Procurement, and other business processes. He has been involved in strategy development, vendor selection, contract negotiation, implementation, vendor management strategies, contract restructuring and renewals for over 150 outsourcing arrangements with contract values exceeding $10 billion.
In addition to being a frequent outsourcing industry speaker and author, Michael is on the Centre for Outsourcing Research & Education (CORE) Executive Education Faculty and advises the Board of Directors.
Specialties: 1. Sourcing Strategy: Investigation, Outsourcing Scope Selection, Strategy & Design;
2. Transaction Oversight: RFP, Vendor Selection through Contract Negotiation;
3. Relationship Management: Operating Processes & Governance Model;
4. Regeneration R4: Review / Outsourcing Health Check, Restructure, Renegotiate or Rebid
Michael advises clients on all aspects of IT and Business Process Sourcing Strategy and the Outsourcing Lifecycle. His clients get maximum value from their sourcing strategies and outsourcing relationships. Merits' clients are mid to large size Canadian private and public sector organizations, seeking a combination of in-depth outsourcing industry experience and strong methodologies.
• Developed and led the National Outsourcing Centre of Expertise. Known at clients and in the firm as a commercial outsourcing expert with a strong working knowledge of Information Technology, Finance & Administration, Human Resources, Procurement and other BPO processes.
• Managed a number of the firms strategic clients in the US and Canada from an outsourcing advisory perspective, advising clients throughout the outsourcing lifecycle, from strategy through to vendor selection, contract management and transition, to managing the ongoing relationship.
• Initiated and built the business plan for expansion of business process transformation and outsourcing advisory services to the Canadian market for EquaTerra.
• Designed the sales and marketing plan for business launch into Canada; assembled and led the team to execute the strategy.
• Established a presence in the outsourcing marketplace as a Canadian authority. Frequent publishing of articles (Executive Thought Leadership Series), speaking engagements and panel discussions.
• Managed business development, sales and resource proposal process, negotiated professional services agreements for advisory services in major Canadian companies.
• Provided leadership for developing qualified opportunities for the Business Transformation Outsourcing (BTO) practice in Canada (Total contract values ranging from $30-200 Mil).
• Managed the new business sales pursuit teams within Distribution, Financial Services and Communication sectors to develop complex, customized proposals for outsourcing Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Procurement and Customer Relationship Management.
Marketed and strategized Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) deals with clients in HR, Finance & Accounting, Procurement and CRM.
Developed Facilities Management Outsourcing opportunites; managed pricing, solution design, contract negotiation and transition planning.
Sales team development, success building and management, to sell Xerox document management equipment and services.
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
A freelance Senior Outsourcing Specialist with extensive experience of managing complex tenders
♦ Free mid October ♦ Freelance ♦ Outsourcing ♦ Offshoring ♦ ITO ♦ BPO ♦ Shared Services ♦ Procurement ♦ Transformation ♦
Outsourcing & Consulting Executive Headhunter / Search Consultant - Global Remit
Shared Services and Outsourcing Consultant
Outsourcing Business Leader & Partner at Virtual Operations. 30 years experience in outsourcing as provider and advisor.
Founder & CEO at The Institute for Robotic Process Automation (IRPA) | Founder, The Outsourcing Institute
Helping organizations to extract business value from Information Technology
Contract Manager at UBS
Using automation (RPA) to help companies avoid offshoring
Managing Director at Westmount Asset Management
Greater Los Angeles Area
Speaker - Author - Talk Radio Host - I teach people how to get massive free publicity for their business and products
Birmingham, Alabama Area
City Manager at City of Davison
Greater Detroit Area
Director of Survey at WHPacific, Inc.
Greater San Diego Area
SR. Recruiter, Talent Acquisition at NTT DATA Corporation
Greater New York City Area