Customer Support/Demand Planning Manager at Unilever
- Fayetteville, Arkansas Area
- Consumer Goods
michael cates's Overview
- Customer Support/Demand Planning Manager at Unilever
michael cates' Experience
Customer Support/Demand Planning Manager
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; UL; Consumer Goods industry
February 2004 – Present (10 years 8 months) Rogers, AR
• Responsible for delivery of key Customer Service metrics and execution of Supply Chain strategy across all Personal care categories within the $2 billion Walmart Sector.
• Lead a team of 13 direct reports composed of Order Management, Customer Service Support, Demand Planning, Event Supply Management and Supply Chain Strategy.
• Member of a Walmart Community Share Group which meets once a month to discuss priority Walmart initiatives.
• Directly responsible for inventory management by ensuring alignment and optimization of inventory by customer.
• Highly involved in forecasting process improvements specific to Walmart including Integrated Business Planning pilot and customer specific S&OP process.
• Coordinated lead time reduction project on Personal Care and Dry Grocery in 2009 – cited as ‘best in class’.
• Responsible for moving Unilever from a “transactional” partner to “synchronized”.
• Presented ‘best in class’ initiatives at several Walmart Supplier Conferences around MABD and Replenishment Inventory Optimization Tool.
• Created and implemented, ‘INCHES’ across personal care team. Supported the “live service and drive growth” mentality.
michael cates' Skills & Expertise
- Supply Chain Management
- Customer Service
- Team Leadership
- Sales Operations
- Demand Planning
- Process Improvement
- Inventory Management
- Sales Plan
- Customer Satisfaction
- Project Planning
- Supply Management
- Consumer Products
Contact michael for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch