ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS MANAGEMENT EXECUTIVE
- Greater New York City Area
Melisa Brown's Overview
- Executive Producer at THE NEW YORK FAME
- CEO/FOUNDER at FAME ROCKS FASHION WEEK
- Full Sail University
- City University of New York-Herbert H. Lehman College
Melisa Brown's Summary
Marketing/Advertising/Public Relations/Event Planning
Creative professional with expertise in all aspects of successful marketing, advertising, public relations, event planning and management. Excel in managing multiple projects concurrently with strong detail, problem solving, and follow-through capabilities. Demonstrated ability to manage and motivate cohesive teams that achieve results. Source vendors, negotiate contracts and manage budget. Articulate communicator and presenter with exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills. First class client-relations with a impressive track record of achievements in corporate, special event and fashion entertainment Industry. Willing to Travel and relocation.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- Creative Market Planning & Execution
- Location and Venue Scouting
- Thematic Development and Event Design
- Budget Management & Cost Controls
- High Profile Event Planning & Management
- Contract price Negotiations
- Market Research & Competitive Analysis
- Advertisement and Campaign
Specialties: Professional Training: All Mac OS Platform, Window Vista/XP/Me/2011,Office suite.
Applications: Final Cut Pro, Motion, After Effects, Maya, Photoshop, Illustrator, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, I Works 09, I Life 09. Etc.
Melisa Brown's Education
Full Sail University
Master's Degree, Entertainment Business Management
2011 – 2013
Entertainment Business Master’s degree program. Although the master’s degree covers a number of advanced business topics – Entertainment Business Finance, Advanced Entertainment Law, and more By interacting with entertainment business and traditional business communities, I'll be able to build my professional network and hone my communication skills, as I learn firsthand how the industry’s leaders operate. Through case studies and in-depth research of companies in my field of interest, I'll be able to gain a better understanding of what makes a successful business thrive.
Activities and Societies: Google Hangout, Participate in guest speakers appearance sharing their experiences in the entertainment industry,
City University of New York-Herbert H. Lehman College
Bachelor of Science (BS), Computer Science
2001 – 2006
Activities and Societies: Campus fundraiser events, Art Gallery Exhibition
Melisa Brown's Experience
Public Company; 11-50 employees; Events Services industry
January 2009 – Present (5 years 10 months) greater new york city area
- Produce and direct on-location series of behind-the-scenes video profiles
- Organized the overall event plans/execution. Collaborated in development of budget, venue selections, invitation designs and distribution of invitations.
- Negotiated vendor contracts that focused on service, scope and objectives. Supervised caterers, liquor suppliers, bands/DJs, Florist, Transportation vendors, decorators, and entertainers in the delivery of products and service excellence.
- Identified and maximized methods to spend budgets effectively.
- Oversee Celebrity invite and attendees. Such as Natalie Cole, Mob Wives Star Renne Graziano, Millionaire Matchmaker Star Robin Kassner and more.
- Provided creative design, style and theme for each event. Selected decorations and props aligned with event theme.
- Talent/Transportation Management
- Produce and direct Mercedes Benz fashion week shows & special events in the Entertainment Industry
- Coordinate Events for Bravo TV Project Runway Designers & The Fashion Show Designers
- Organized Social Media & Marketing Strategies
- Sponsorship Activation
- Research current markets for trends to apply to designs & production
- Provide overall Management of the ongoing production
FAME ROCKS FASHION WEEK
2011 – Present (3 years) Greater New York City Area
FAME ROCKS FASHION WEEK is a unique opportunity to reach a diverse, trendsetting and fashion-conscious market segment via a one-of-a-kind branding and marketing platform. The event will feature Fine Designers from around the world presenting Exquisite Garments and Accessories, World class Entertainment, Art Exhibition and Luxury Products and Services.
Our events in the past have featured upscale consumers, executives, professional athletes, celebrities, and socialites.
At FAME, we want to support the creativity and vitality of New York through a creative affluent urban outlet that attracts the attention of a multicultural audience. It is our goal that FAME ROCKS FASHION WEEK will become a premiere, twice-yearly event, which will be embedded as a fabric of New York City for years to come.
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; T; Telecommunications industry
August 2012 – October 2014 (2 years 3 months) Greater New York City Area
- Process and create new business accounts
- Negotiate new business contracts and create new proposal for new business leads
- Provide exceptional customer service experience
- Top 5 Performer in NY/NJ market business sales for 1st Quarter- 4th Quarter
- Assist customers with product information and services such as tablets and phones
- Certified AT&T Business Specialist
- Awarded Harvard Graduate in AT&T Leadership Development Management Program
- Address customer service issues (i.e. analyze billing statements, phone damage, and service problems)
- Developed new selling strategies conducive to the needs of the business and hold all team members accountable to their sales and goals which included the units per transaction goal (UPT) and the sales per hour goal (SPH)
- Communicated effectively and performed exceptional customer service for current and
- Supported store manager in achieving financial goals and promoting a positive work environment
- Worked with staff members to increase sales in order to achieve the stores monthly sales plan and exceed sales
- Supported loss prevention measures by securing cash, merchandise and company assets
- Created a stellar client program and increased sales growth by 18%
- Responsible for maximizing revenue through interactions with prospective clients
CREATIVE & TRAINER
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; AAPL; Consumer Electronics industry
May 2005 – September 2009 (4 years 5 months) Greater New York City Area
- Personally trained Celebrity clients (i.e. Keith David, Maurice Dubois, Maria
- Trained clients to use Final Cut Pro, Motion, I Work, I Life, and Microsoft Office
- Oversee Apple 5th Ave Midnight Mix. Performance from today Top Pop & R&B Singers.
- Promoted to Creative in my first 5 months with the company as Top Performer recognized by Steve Jobs in 2005
- Certified Senior Creative overseeing product Launch and presenter of key feature to media
- Passion for education and ability to instruct in a “hands-off” manner, letting users learns by doing.
- Presenter for small groups and coaches multiple customers simultaneously.
- Tenacity to work with users until they truly become independent and able to create on their own.
- Trained staff on Apple products and software
FASHION DESIGNER & PRODUCTION MANAGER
September 2001 – April 2005 (3 years 8 months) Greater New York City Area
- Managed and supervised volunteer database
- Developed new events held at various venues across the country
- Oversee the planning, implementation and logistics of the company special events
- Oversee Product Launch from start to finish.
- Reduced advertising expense from 17% to 15% within 1st year.
- Identified errors that saved the company $10,000 annually.
- Secured PR opportunities for CEO & President. Including a feature article in Millennium Magazine, Wag Magazine, Lifestyle and Charity Magazine.
- Exceeded expectations by delivering each event at or under budget and meeting rigorous timeline.
- Increased visibility and interest through radio, TV, and New paper interviews. Including feature in the NY Daily News.
Melisa Brown's Honors and Awards
AT&T HAVARD LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM AWARDAT&T MOBILITY
- April 2014
The LDP is helping shape our future leaders. That's why we offer plenty of learning opportunities, on-the-job training and mentorship programs. After all, it takes amazing leaders to run a billion-dollar Fortune 11 Company.
TOP GUN 1ST QUARTER GOLD AWARD "SALES"AT&T MOBILITY
- April 2014
TOP 5 SALES PERFORMER IN THE NY/NJ MARKET. MEETING AND EXCEEDING COMPANY SALES GOALS AND INCREASING COMPANY REVENUE BY 15%.
AT&T SUMMIT AWARD WINNERAT&T MOBILITY
- February 2014
TOP 10 PERFORMERS IN THE NEW YORK/NEW JERSEY MARKET FOR 1ST QUARTER -4TH QUARTER. PERFORMERS THAT INCREASE COMPANY REVENUE AND EXCEEDS MONTHLY GOALS FOR EACH QUARTER IS AWARD WITH A FREE COMPANY VACATION AND INCENTIVES.
Apple Inc. Top Performance SpecialistApple Inc. Steve Jobs
- June 2006
Recognized for my top performance in sales and product knowledge. Received a promotion to creative in my first year for performance and product knowledge.
Melisa Brown's Projects
Team Members: Melisa Brown,
- February 2014 to Present
When you hear the word “FAME” the first things that comes to mind are celebrities, media, and high profile guests. Combine that with “Rocks Fashion”, you get music, talent, world-class entertainment, high-end fashion and designers. The New York Fame is excited to announce "ROAD TO FAME" DESIGNER DOCUMENTARY SERIES. Highlighting your story, the good, the bad and your innovative creations, presented at FAME ROCKS FASHION WEEK 2014.
FAME ROCKS FASHION WEEK will put your collection in front of upscale consumers, corporate executives, buyers, TV Networks, VIPs, fashionistas, etc. Our one-day show will be packed with some of the finest designers from around the world and we hope that includes your brand. We want to hear your story, from the good, the bad and the ugly. We want to share how your desire to be a designer was inspired by one of today's power house brand such as Versace, Alexander McQueen, Chanel and more. Designers selected will be filmed and present at the show with their 2014 Collection and we want you!
Team Members: Melisa Brown, , Cathleen Lewis, Cynthia Sutherland, Adil Abbas, Lyra Wynn, Thomas Jones, M.S., Nikkia McClain, Richard A. Sullivan
- September 2010 to Present
.Coordinate details of events such as Fashion event, Product launch, High profile events, charity events, trade shows, sales meetings, business meetings, employee appreciation events and virtual events.
.Calculate budgets and ensure they are adhered to.
.Book talent, including musicians, bands, and disc jockeys.
.Select chefs or catering companies to prepare food for event.
.Sample food and select dishes for menus.
.Visit venue to plan layout of seating and decorations.
.Schedule speakers, vendors, and participants.
.Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
.Initiates, coordinates and/or participates in all efforts to publicize event.
.Edit and design promotional materials.
.Develop and oversee fundraising events.
.Negotiate and secure event space.
.Work with printer and designer to develop event invitations.
.Create invitee list.
.Send out invitations and manage RSVP list.
.Hire staff to manage the event, including bouncers and security personnel.
Coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations.
Keep inventory of backdrops, projectors, computers, and other display materials.
Melisa Brown's Skills & Expertise
- -Create Event Production Schedule/Timeline
- -Event Design
- -On-site management, load-in of all elements
- -Entertainment/Talent scouting/Model Casting
- -Event design, Art direction, styling and thematic research
- -Budget development and supervision
- -Client/Account management relations
- -Technical/logistical implementation of Lighting, Sound, Power, Video, etc.
- -Crew/Staff /Union/Labor negotiations
- -Security and City Permit applications
- -Public Relations, Press & Marketing liaison
- -New Product Launches
- -Advertising Campaign brainstorming
- -Guest List/Door management
- -Red Carpet Arrivals & Celebrity Wrangler
- -Charity/Benefit/Auction Fundraiser liaison
- -Sponsorship/Donation packages
- -Vendor contract negotiations
- -Pre/Post Production Purchase orders
- -Location/Venue scouting
- -Props and party supply rentals
- -Script/Speech supervisor
- -Transportation/Travel Coordination
- -Fashion Show Producer/Show Director/Choreography
- -Backstage Management/Front of House coordination
- - Invitation Design
- Event Management
- Event Planning
- Public Relations
- After Effects
- Corporate Events
- Brand Development
- Creative Direction
- Customer Service
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Media
Melisa Brown's Additional Information
Special Events, Production management, Product Management, Business Consulting, Coordinator, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Network, Film, Advertising, Sales, Entertainment Industry, Fashion/Designs, Management, Talent Scout, Artist, Models, MUA, Hairstylist.
- Groups and Associations:
Melisa Brown's Courses
Master's Degree, Entertainment Business Management
Full Sail University
- Entertainment Business Management
Melisa Brown's Volunteer Experience & Causes
911 Twin Towers Orphan Fund
September 2011 – February 2012 (6 months)
Proud to be working with the “Twin Towers Orphan Fund” as a charitable foundation,For the 10th anniversary of September 11 2001, We look forward to providing educational scholarships to children who lost one or more parents on 9/11. To benefit, the Twin Towers Orphan fund, The New York Fame will hold a Fashion Show Charity Event on September 9th 2011 at the Metropolitan Pavilion in New York City. Featuring International celebrity fashion designer Korto Momolu - seen on Project Runway and CNN International "African Voice" & Reco Chapple From The Fashion Show. and have the following designers confirmed to showcase their lines at event with many more to follow.
Causes I care about:
- Animal Welfare
- Arts and Culture
- Civil Rights and Social Action
- Disaster and Humanitarian Relief
- Human Rights
- Poverty Alleviation
- Science and Technology
- Social Services
Contact Melisa for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch