Human Resources at BroadSoft
- Chennai Area, India
Kumar P's Overview
- Human Resources at BroadSoft
Kumar P's Summary
Executive Recruiter focused in the Electronics, Industrial Automation, Electro-Mechanical, Manufacturing, and POS / Retail Industries.
Client & candidate consultation, candidate identification and qualification, resume evaluation, candidate presentation, reference and backgropund checks, salary negotiations, value-added services, on-going support and communication.
Specialties: *Team Leading
*Training & Development
*Process & Procedures enhancement
•Developing staffing strategies
•Extensive Cold calling
•Participating executive staff meetings
*Gathering and developing specs
•Pre-screening and pre-qualifying
•Applicant Tracking Systems
•Generating Staffing Reports
Kumar P's Experience
Public Company; 501-1000 employees; BSFT; Telecommunications industry
October 2013 – Present (1 year) Chennai Area, India
• Active member of the Human Resources Department to maintain an effective workforce and employment practices in the APAC region.
• Responsible for the local recruiting strategy, which includes hiring high quality; high potential associates to ensure the appropriate skills, knowledge, and experience are brought into the organization for continued growth.
• Provide regular assessment of organizational needs and design appropriate processes, tools, and systems to support associate development and engagement for long-term success.
• Facilitate local workforce planning, performance and talent review processes that focuses on moving associates to higher levels of performance.
• Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulatory laws.
• Assist in the development and execution of plans to address employee culture survey feedback.
• Direct and control the daily functions of the department to achieve goals within budget.
• Oversee the administration of all employee benefit programs at the local level.
• Oversee the new employee on-boarding processes.
• Provide counsel and advice to all levels of the organization on human relations issues.
• Maintain and control all personnel recordkeeping activities.
• Administer the corporate wage and salary program in accordance with Company practices.
• Conduct investigations and develop responses for complaints brought forward to the Company that relate to employee relations.
Corporate Technical Recruiter
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; FLEX; Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing industry
August 2011 – October 2013 (2 years 3 months) Milpitas CA
• Delivered qualified and interested candidates to recruiter(s) with candidate summary.
• Used LinkedIn to identify top performers within specific groups of competing companies. Upon contact I would create an interest in our opportunity and gather information.
• Identified and joined online groups to find industry leaders for specific technologies using LinkedIn, Google University and Google Patent Search to identify networks.
• Led initiative to design and implement matrix for hiring managers and senior management. This allowed hiring manager’s access and visibility into their respective candidate pipelines. This provided dashboard information on pipeline activity and recruiting metrics.
• Successfully networked with Alumni groups to engage Project Managers, Program Managers, Product Operations and Escalations Managers.
• Contacted faculty at top tier undergraduate, graduate and business school universities to identify top performing recent and prior students.
• Initially responsible for pre-screening 600 - 1000 resumes per week from external applicants and candidates passively sourced. Pre-screens typically resulted in fifteen team member phone interviews per week generating three on-sites resulting in one hire.
• Leading role in various Flextronics recruiting events for the team, interviewing candidates, assigning and presenting qualified leads to the hiring managers.
• Identified inconsistencies within job postings and proactively presented and executed a plan to provide a more efficient process.
• Maintaining & updating Master tracker.
• Updating of joiners data information in the HRIS
• Generating different reports pertaining to MIS, job applicant Analysis Report, and Recruitment Analysis on monthly/weekly basis as and when required by the management in desired formats.
Public Company; 5001-10,000 employees; KLAC; Semiconductors industry
June 2010 – July 2011 (1 year 2 months) Milpitas, CA
Managed full spectrum recruiting process at an innovative technology company providing next generation of yield management. Handle the recruiting and hiring process to include development of creative recruitment strategies, sourcing methods, diversity outreach, developments maintenance of active talent pool and recruiting events.
• Partnered with business functions of engineering, Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing and Finance to build creative recruiting strategies resulting in increasing candidate pipeline of diverse talent.
•Partner with hiring managers to understand the job description and find the best fit talent through innovative recruitment strategies.
• Responsible for interviewing candidates to match their passion, experience and interest with the requirements of the position.
• Negotiate offer with candidates
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; CDI; Staffing and Recruiting industry
March 2008 – June 2010 (2 years 4 months)
*Sourcing and Identifying the right candidates for the client's requirements
* Understanding the requirement and created mail templates for sending across to the candidates
* Discussing the rates with the candidates and negotiating if the expectation exceeded
* Primarily worked only with US Citizens, green cards and TN Permits as majorly the client's projects were Governmental projects
* Preparing performance presentation for the Senior Management Review
* Presenting the data to the senior management on monthly basis
* Trained fresh minds on all the BPO & RPO business aspects
* Maintained the team's performance by monitoring their productivity in MS Project
* Prepared client reports on a daily and weekly basis
* Dealt with the client on a regular basis as to figure out the challenges of the requirement and identifying alternate solutions.
* Hit the local universities for bunch hiring.
* Built very good rapport with the candidates submitted to the client about their interviews and issues
* On a weekly business took up webinars to hone sourcing & recruiting skills
* Identified new prospect within the client and ventured into their vertical
Kumar P's Skills & Expertise
- Technical Recruiting
- Strategic Sourcing
- Consumer Electronics
- Executive Search
- Engineering Management
- Applicant Tracking Systems
- Talent Acquisition
- Human Resources
- Employee Relations
- Benefits Negotiation
Kumar P's Education
Kumar P's Additional Information
- Groups and Associations:
Contact Kumar for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch