Assistant Vice President, Communications Officer, Wealth Management at Bank of the West
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Writing and Editing
|Recommendations||7 people have recommended Kristen|
Join LinkedIn and access Kristen's full profile. It's free!
As a LinkedIn member, you'll join 300 million other professionals who are sharing connections, ideas, and opportunities.
- See who you know in common
- Get introduced
- Contact Kristen directly
Kristen Eliason is a seasoned writer, blogger, and social media addict. She is the cofounder of the online magazine Menagerie, and manages social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google+ to develop an audience for contemporary poetry and prose. Recently she represented Menagerie at the annual AWP conference for writers (attended by 13,000+ writers and editing industry specialists from around the world, including authors such as Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club) and Paula McLain (The Paris Wife)) and live-tweeted several panel events. She is currently enrolled in the UC Berkeley Professional Editing Sequence, and has a variety of writing and editing experience, from large-circulation daily newspapers to corporate Twitter accounts.
• Writes and edits technical and marketing content for proposals, staff resumes, and project descriptions.
• Editor-in-Chief of national newsletter; Writes and edits corporate communications pieces for the internal newsletter and the parent company (Gilbane) newsletter.
• Edits company information and updates local resource spreadsheets.
• Liaises with technical writers, estimators, schedulers, and senior directors to complete deadline-driven proposal efforts.
• Trains new staff on proposal management processes and company resources.
• Manages and ensures quality of proposal deliverables under extremely tight deadlines.
• Versed in Department of Defense RFP writing, and has written successful single and multiple award task order proposals for government clients.
• Manages multiple projects in MS Word, MS Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and other proposal creation tools.
• Member of the Corporate Communications committee.
• Assists with the development and execution of corporate events.
• Researches, writes and edits company proposals. Manages and ensures quality of deliverables under extremely tight deadlines.
• Proposals written for Public Sector and Fortune 500 commercial entities with project values of $500,000 to $80 Million.
• Interfaces with Sales Consultants, Engineers, and Financial Analysts to provide comprehensive proposals for Solar PV system installations.
• Edits text, graphics and tables for tone, continuity, clarity, applicability and readability; check and correct grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, etc. Makes sentence-level copy edits for senior members of the company.
• Wrote copy for television and print advertisements, and proofed all outgoing copy including press releases and emails.
• Directed, researched, and wrote company proposals. Managed RFP/RFQ requests from various sources; wrote compelling copy and acquired new contracts via RFP proposals for State and Federal Government contracts; Oversaw collaborative writing projects from all departments.
• Managed Request for Proposals (RFP) databases and scheduling for the company.
• Edited text, graphics and tables for tone, continuity, clarity, applicability and readability; check and correct grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, etc.
• E-commuted from South Bend, Indiana and Santiago, Chile and San Ramon, California.
• Selected by Michael Martone for one-year residency funded by Nicholas Sparks for the University of Notre Dame.
• Gave public readings at the Hammes Notre Dame Bookstore and at Lula’s Café in South Bend.
• Taught First Year Composition to incoming freshmen; demonstrated the basics of writing through a study of pop culture and advertising. Incorporated social media such as YouTube, facebook, twitter, etc. into course curriculum.
Reviewed submissions and selected poetry that was published in the review.
Provided copy editing and proofed galleys.
English Teacher in Kagawa-ken, (Shikoku) Japan
Flaming Giblet Press2014
As much memento as memento mori, Kristen Eliason’s Picture Dictionary resists easy summaries. This full-color collection, straddling the lines of denotation and connotation, will force you to rethink the nature of language, observation, beauty, and grief.
Dancing Girl Press2012
Kristen Eliason's first chapbook. One Goodreads review states, "Beautiful, tragic, deceptively simple. This chapbook frames loss (and desire for reclamation if only in memory) with its one way missives. The use of blank space thematizes a wished for absent presence. A lovely heart breaking work."
- Proposal Writing
- Proposal Management
- Copy Editing
- Social Media
- Microsoft Office
- Creative Writing
- Email Marketing
- Company Newsletters
- Corporate Communications
- Social Networking
- Adobe Acrobat
- Web Content
- Technical Writing
- Marketing Communications
- Social Media Marketing
- Marketing Copy
- AP Style
- Content Development
- Content Strategy
- Content Management
- Media Relations
- Microsoft Word
- See 26+ See less
Search by name
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
People Also Viewed
Senior Proposal Writer at Gilbane Federal
Marketing Coordinator at ITSI Gilbane
Graphic Designer at ITSI Gilbane Company
Proposal Manager at TestAmerica
Senior Proposal Coordinator at ITSI
Wealth Management Assistant at Bank of the West
Group Executive, Senior Vice President at Citi
EVP, BancWest Investment Services, Wealth Management Group at Bank of the West
Commercial Channel Manager at SolarCity
Find a different Kristen Eliason
Hospitality Sales Consultant
Dallas/Fort Worth Area
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Researcher at Chatelaine - Rogers Publishing
Toronto, Canada Area
Educator at Central Valley School District
Spokane, Washington Area
traffic manager at Connoisseur Media
Erie, Pennsylvania Area