Texas State Senate
State Senator Ken Paxton
|Recommendations||2 people have recommended Ken|
Join LinkedIn & access Ken's full profile
May 2013 Update
Ken Paxton currently serves as the State Senator for Senate District 8 that includes a large part of Collin and Dallas counties. Prior to his service as State Senator, Paxton served as the State Representative for House District 70 from 2002 - 2012. He was elected to the Texas State Senate in November of 2012, following a unanimous election for the Republican nomination.
Ken Paxton sits on five committees in the Texas Senate including Jurisprudence, Education, and Transportation where he serves as the vice-chairman. Sen. Paxton is viewed as a champion of conservative ideals and believes that less government is good government.
Additionally, he owns and operates a private law and counceling practice, specializing in estate planning, probate, real estate and general business matters. He and his wife, Angela, and their four children currently reside in McKinney, Texas.
Specialties: Estate planning, probate, real estate and general business matters
Vice-Chairman of the Senate Transportation Committee & member of the Jurisprudence, Education, Government Organization, and Intergovernmental Relations Committees.
I feel I can best serve others by owning a private law and counseling firm, specializing in estate planning, probate, real estate and general business matters. Through hard work, dedication and education I have built a solid foundation for a successful law practice and to serve as state senator.
As a proud Baylor Bear in Waco, Texas, I earned my B.A. in Psychology in 1985 and my M.B.A. in 1986. After business school, I accepted a position with Arthur Andersen as a management consultant. Later, I attended the University of Virginia School of Law where I earned my J.D. degree in 1991. After law school, I joined the firm of Strasburger & Price, L.L.P, before joining J.C. Penney Company, Inc., as in-house legal counsel.
Additionally, I own and operate a title company in McKinney.
Please feel free to contact me in regards to speaking on various estate planning, business and real estate topics, and state legislative matters.
• Advisory Board for Marketplace Ministries, a Dallas-based employee assistance program • Advisory Board Centennial Medical Center in Frisco, • Advisory Board Prestonwood Pregnancy and Family Care Center • Member of the McKinney Rotary Club • McKinney Chambers of Commerce • Honorary Chair for the Prosper Open Foundation • Board Member for the Tax Increment Financing Reinvestment Zone for the City of Allen • Advisory Board for the Frisco Association for the Arts and Cross Timbers Youth Orchestra.
• Named one of the 21 Leaders of the 21st Century by Inside Collin County Business in 2005.
• Received more general election votes than any other state representative in 2004
• Made the power rankings list by on-line guide Capitol Insider.
• Named "Texas Taxpayer Hero" by Texans for Fiscal Responsibility earning a score of 100 on the Fiscal Responsibility Index
• Named to the Texas Association of REALTORS Legislative Hall of Fame for his "uncompromising commitment to championing the rights of homeowners."
• One of sixteen legislators to earn “Top Honors” from Heritage Alliance for scoring over 90% on their conservative scorecard.
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
United States Senator for the State of Texas
Attorney General at Texas Attorney General
Governor of Texas and 2012 GOP Presidential Candidate
Constituent Relations Director, Senator Ken Paxton
State Representative at Texas House of Representatives
Representative at Texas House of Representatives
Host at Fox News Channel
Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul Area
Columbia, South Carolina Area
English Teacher at Self Employed English Teacher
Twickenham, United Kingdom
Design/Merchandising at M & F Western Products, Inc.
Waco, Texas Area
Prinicpal Engineer, Industrial Engineering at Western Digital Corp
San Francisco Bay Area