Producer at Microsoft
- Greater Seattle Area
- Computer Games
Joseph Faulstick's Overview
- Producer at Crystal Dynamics
- Producer at Microsoft Studios
- Video Game Producer at Freelance
- Producer at Irrational Games
- Software Quality Assurance Tester at Atari
- Lynn Public Schools
Joseph Faulstick's Summary
Video game industry veteran with 11+ years of experience with 9+ years in a Production role. Proven track record for producing quality, award winning AAA titles including: Swat 4 (PC), BioShock (PC, PS3, Xbox 360), BioShock Infinite (PC, PS3, Xbox 360), and Ryse: Son of Rome (Xbox One).
Currently looking for new and excited opportunities. Can be reached through LinkedIn or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Joseph Faulstick's Experience
Public Company; 51-200 employees; EID; Computer Games industry
September 2014 – Present (1 month)
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; MSFT; Computer Software industry
May 2012 – July 2014 (2 years 3 months) Redmond, Wa.
Served as a Producer on the Xbox One launch title Ryse: Son of Rome, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break and an unannounced title that was cancelled during development.
● Shipped a launch title on a new platform with new publishing processes.
● Managed production and release of all Ryse content updates and DLC Add-Ons, including: Colloseum Pack, Mars’ Chosen Pack, Morituri Pack, and Duel of Fates Pack.
● Managed the manufacturing and distribution process for both physical and digital versions of Ryse: Son of Rome.
● Utilized the new Xbox Development Platform (XDP) tool for implementation of title and product configuration and Xbox Live Services configuration for Ryse: Son of Rome and Sunset Overdrive.
● Assisted in initial “Green Light” process for title Scalebound.
● Filled publisher side production roles and responsibilities, including: product planning, milestone reviews, and user research.
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Computer Games industry
March 2004 – May 2011 (7 years 3 months) Quincy, Massachusetts.
Served as a Producer on multiple projects during a 7+ year tenure. Projects include: Swat 4, BioShock, and BioShock Infinite.
BioShock Infinite (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)
● Responsible for overall production of signification portions of the game.
● Produced and ‘drove’ the announcement gameplay demo unveiled in 2010.
● Assisted in development of the Production department which grew from one member after BioShock to a team of more than 7.
● Assisted in recruitment and interview processes that saw the studio grow from 40-45 members to over 100+.
BioShock PS3 Challenge Rooms DLC Pack (PS3)
● Managed all phases of internal development, from initial concept to release.
● Developed and managed schedule and milestone deliverables.
● Lead a team of junior and mid-level staff toward project completion.
BioShock (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)
● Assisted Lead Producer in developing and managing the project schedule.
● Packaged and delivered third party milestones to publisher 2K Games.
● Built and managed a 20+ person on-site QA team.
● Managed development and release of post launch title updates and patches for PC and Xbox 360.
● Served as producer for numerous press demos, including: E3 2006 First Look demo, Hunting the Big Daddy demo, Press First Playable demo, and Single Player Public Release demo.
● Supported PR and Marketing efforts for all major industry events, including: E3 2006, X06, Gamescom 2007, Gamespot After Hours, along with numerous internal press events.
Swat 4 (PC)
● Took over vacated project lead role midway through project.
● Shipped project on time while meeting expectations for quality and critical acceptance.
● Managed internal QA team in conjunction with off-site QA provided by publisher.
● Assisted in pitch and design documentation for Swat 4: The Sketchkov Syndicate expansion pack to be developed by Irrational Games Australia
● Managed development of Single Player and Multi-Player public demos.
● Managed development of 1.1 post launch patch.
Software Quality Assurance Tester
Public Company; 11-50 employees; ATA; Computer Games industry
February 2003 – December 2003 (11 months) Beverly, Massachusetts.
Served as a Quality Assurance Tester at Atari’s Beverly, Massachusetts studio prior to the studio’s closure.
● Worked on-site at Epic Games in Raleigh, North Carolina on Unreal Tournament 2004 from July to October 2003.
● Credited on the following games: Unreal Tournament 2004, Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark, Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Angmar, Pajama Sam: Life is Rough When You Lose Your Stuff, Rollercoaster Tycoon 2: Wacky Worlds, plus served as a tester uncredited on several additional titles.
Joseph Faulstick's Volunteer Experience & Causes
Causes I care about:
- Animal Welfare
- Human Rights
- Science and Technology
Joseph Faulstick's Projects
- July 2014 to Present
Welcome to your Awesomepocalypse
The city’s overrun with mutants. Problem? Not for you. Sunset Overdrive is a playground of post-apocalyptic possibilities. Vault, grind & wall-run while using a deadly & unconventional arsenal. With hyper-agility, unique weapons, & customizable abilities, it rewrites the rules of shooters while delivering an irreverent adventure.
- November 2013 to Present
Fight as a Soldier. Lead as a General. Rise as a Legend.
Ryse: Son of Rome is a stunning action-adventure that follows Marius Titus on a heroic quest to avenge the death of his family, and preserve the honor of Rome, at all costs.
- May 2011 to Present
This is Bioshock Infinite
BioShock® Infinite is a first-person shooter like you’ve never seen. Just ask the judges from E3 2011, where the Irrational Games title won over 85 editorial awards, including the Game Critics Awards’ Best of Show. Set in 1912, players assume the role of former Pinkerton agent Booker DeWitt, sent to the flying city of Columbia on a rescue mission. His target? Elizabeth, imprisoned since childhood. During their daring escape, Booker and Elizabeth form a powerful bond -- one that lets Booker augment his own abilities with her world-altering control over the environment. Together, they fight from high-speed Sky-Lines, in the streets and houses of Columbia, on giant zeppelins, and in the clouds, all while learning to harness an expanding arsenal of weapons and abilities, and immersing players in a story that is not only steeped in profound thrills and surprises, but also invests its characters with what Game Informer called “An amazing experience from beginning to end."
- November 2008 to Present
Title: BioShock Challenge Room DLC (PS3)
Developer: Irrational Games
Publisher: 2K Games
- August 2007 to Present
BioShock is the "genetically enhanced" first person shooter that lets you do things never before possible in the genre: turn everything into a weapon, biologically mod your body with plasmids, hack devices and systems, upgrade your weapons and craft new ammo variants, and experiment with different battle techniques in an incredible and unique underwater city.
- April 2005 to Present
SWAT 4 is a tactical first-person shooter video game developed by Irrational Games and published by Vivendi Universal Games on April 5, 2005. It was built on Irrational Games's Vengeance Engine powered by Unreal Engine 2.0 technology. In SWAT 4, the player leads a SWAT tactical element in resolving various situations, such as hostage standoffs or apprehensions of dangerous subjects. An expansion to SWAT 4, entitled SWAT 4: The Stetchkov Syndicate, was released on February 28, 2006.
Joseph Faulstick's Skills & Expertise
- Xbox 360
- Video Games
- Unreal Engine 3
- Game Development
- Computer Games
- Unreal Editor
- Product Management
- Seapine Test Track Pro
- Video Production
- Process Scheduler
- Video Game Development
- Test Track Pro
- Xbox Development Platform
- Xbox One
Joseph Faulstick's Education
Lynn Public Schools
1995 – 1999
Joseph Faulstick's Additional Information
Contact Joseph for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Joseph Faulstick’s full profile to...
- See who you and Joseph Faulstick know in common
- Get introduced to Joseph Faulstick
- Contact Joseph Faulstick directly