Purchasing and Logistics Management
- Dallas/Fort Worth Area
- Logistics and Supply Chain
Jon Rader's Overview
- Self Employed at Self Employed
- Purchasing Agent at Midwest Veterinary Supply
- Logistics Manager at Vetoquinol USA
- Sr, Purchasing Manager at Butler Animal Health Supply
- National Inventory Control Manager at VCA/Hill's Pet Products
- Director of Merchandising at Mckesson Veterinary Services
- Warehouse Associate at Lone Star Veterinary Supply
Aubrey Daniels - Performance Management Course
Jon Rader's Summary
To secure a full time position where I can drive revenue and efficiency by leveraging my experience in Purchasing, Production Planning, and Operations Management.
Specialties: Areas of Expertise
Customer Service Management
Complaint Handling & Resolution
Contract Negotiations Team Building & Training
Set up/Relocation/ Consolidation of Logical and Physical Warehouses
Inventory Control Process
Inventory Control System Implementation
Jon Rader's Experience
May 1983 – Present (31 years 5 months) Mansfield, Tx
I initially started this small landscaping business to pay my way through college and I quickly discovered it to be a passion of mine specializing in residential and commercial landscaping, I enjoy providing low cost or non profit services for senior citizens, handicapped, and/or individuals who are unable to perform the activities of caring for their properties.
Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Veterinary industry
November 2010 – August 2014 (3 years 10 months) Mansfield, Texan
• Fostered purchasing relationships and negotiated rates with 122 supplying partners
• Facilitated development of new private label line, along with new products and seasonal promotions, resulting in a $20 million increase in sales over last 3 years.
• Conducted purchasing activities with 122 suppliers, 6 physical distribution centers, and 1 logical distribution center.
• Managed inventory levels for 200,000 SKUs on JBA software platform.
• Managed and maintained item master and item balance files.
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Pharmaceuticals industry
April 2007 – April 2010 (3 years 1 month)
• Scheduled production with 25 contract suppliers and 3 Vetoquinol manufacturing facilities responsible for $28 million in sales, 300 finished good SKU’s, and 1500 component SKU’s servicing 122 veterinary distributor’s and 150 OTC distributor’s.
• Managed and trained a purchasing agent, warehouse manager, and 5 warehouse employee’s.
• Consolidated the New Jersey warehouse and corporate office into the Fort Worth facility.
• Negotiated Contracts with 36 suppliers with a result of 14% reduction in total cost.
• Condensed production sites from 28 to 15 with a reduction of 17% in inventory investment.
Sr, Purchasing Manager
Privately Held; 501-1000 employees; Veterinary industry
January 1994 – April 2007 (13 years 4 months)
Managed 3 purchasing agents with full responsibility for all purchasing activities related to $150 million dollars of inventory. This was comprised of veterinary pharmaceuticals, human pharmaceuticals, and medical supplies; supporting 15 distribution centers in a JIT environment within the Continental United States.
• Negotiated National Contracts and Cost with 14 manufacturers achieving an additional 1% buying margin of net sales and an average service level of 97.6%.
• Collaborated with Marketing to develop and grow sales promotions.
• Member of the Pedigree Compliance Team to insure compliance of State and Federal Laws and the Technology Initiative Team for migration to the JBA software system.
National Inventory Control Manager
VCA/Hill's Pet Products
January 1988 – January 1994 (6 years 1 month)
National Inventory Control Manager, 1993 to 1994
Managed 4 purchasing agents with full responsibility for all purchasing activities related to 28,000 SKU’s, $110 million dollars of inventory. All comprised of veterinary pharmaceuticals and medical supplies. We supported 10 distribution centers in a JIT environment throughout the Continental United States.
• Coordinated consolidation activities of 13 warehouses into 10 distribution centers in our strongest markets reducing inventory 25% and increasing customer service level from 93% to 97%.
• Negotiated National Contracts with a result of 12% reduction in total costs.
• Trained Hill’s Pet Products purchasing agents in cost effective purchasing of both new product category and raw material for the manufacturing process.
Regional Operations Manager, 1988 to 1993
Managed 3 purchasing agents, 8 regional distribution center operations, all located in a 5 State South Central area. Responsibilities included purchasing, warehousing, and distribution of $150 million dollars of inventory. Inventory comprised of 40,000 SKU’s, including veterinary pharmaceuticals, medical supplies, and raw material for pet dietary production serving major retail chain and individual veterinary operations.
• Developed a software program in conjunction with MRP II System to reduce inventory levels through JIT purchasing module.
• Developed and coordinated implementation of above noted inventory management and distribution center consolidation program. Strategy incorporated use of the Mckesson distribution system.
• Promoted to Regional Operations Manager following acquisition of Mckesson Veterinary Services.
Director of Merchandising
Mckesson Veterinary Services
January 1984 – January 1988 (4 years 1 month)
Managed 2 purchasing agents, a merchandising manager, and $121 million dollars in inventory. The inventory comprised of 60,000 SKU’s, supporting 21 distribution centers, serving independent retail operations.
• Developed the National bi monthly advertising catalog, initiated negotiations with the major suppliers for advertising dollars, and distributed to 10,000 Veterinary Clinics.
• Managed contract negotiations with all suppliers and constructed personal relationships.
• Implemented procedures to comply with the Hazardous Communication Act.
• Coordinated with Regional Sales Managers to develop local promotions.
Lone Star Veterinary Supply
January 1983 – January 1984 (1 year 1 month) Fort Worth TX
In an environment of hand written orders, inventory card system, and their first computerized software under development I was responsible for
• Order Packing, Checking, and preparation of shipping manifests
• Pick orders, Inventory shortages to purchasing
• Receiving PO's and Customer Returns
• Promoted to Branch Manager after three months responsible for entire Ft Worth DC
• Promoted to Operations Manager responsible for 4 DC Managers
• Company purchased by Mckesson Drug
Jon Rader's Skills & Expertise
- Inventory Management
- Supply Chain
- Logistics Management
- Team Building
- Customer Service
- Sales Operations
- Sales Management
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Performance Management
- Total Quality Excellence
- Domestic and International Logistics Management
Jon Rader's Education
Bachelor of Science (BS), Agriculture Business
1979 – 1983
Maintained Apartment Complex, 36 space trailer home park, and 14 residential properties
Activities and Societies: Started a landscaping business to pay for my college tuition and expenses
Certification, “Managing Inventories in Uncertain Times”
1989 – 1989
Grade: 3 hours credit
Continuous Education in management of components, finished goods development, and distribution of products to end users.
Certification, Total Quality Excellence
1990 – 1990
Grade: 3 hours credit
"Do it right the first time"
How to identify and eliminate root cause of an issue
How to develop and deliver zero defects of a product or service
Aubrey Daniels - Performance Management Course
Certification, Performance Management
1994 – 1994
How to motivate, set goals, and reward employees utilizing positive and negative reinforcement based on their personal interests, likes, and/or dislikes.
Jon Rader's Additional Information
Love to hunt and fish. Enjoy farm and ranch work managing cow calf operation and crop rotation management. Landscaping became my primary interest after entering college and moving away from a farm environment to a metropolitan environment.
Contact Jon for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Jon Rader’s full profile to...
- See who you and Jon Rader know in common
- Get introduced to Jon Rader
- Contact Jon Rader directly