VP/Chief Appraiser at EverBank
- Jacksonville, Florida Area
- Commercial Real Estate
Jim StJohn's Overview
- VP/Chief Appraiser at EverBank
- Board Member at North Florida Land Trust
- Commercial Real Estate Appraiser at Weigel-Veasey Appraisers, Inc.
- Account Executive at Mac Papers
- Real Estate Appraiser at Broom, Moody, Johnson & Grainger, Inc
Jim StJohn's Summary
Responsible for the commercial appraisal division of EverBank’s Commercial Banking Group. Joined EverBank in 2004 to develop/manage a new division ensuring timely engagement, delivery and review of all commercial real estate appraisals as well as other third party reports. Developed and implemented the commercial appraisal policies and procedures which form the structure and operations of the division.
A proven leader that translates real estate portfolio strategies into alignment with the best interests of shareholders, customers, executive team, employees and the public. Fosters empowerment and creates a climate where team members excel. Extensive knowledge of appraisal regulations within the banking industry and a history of implementing the necessary controls to ensure compliance. Dedicated to maintaining a reputation built on quality, service, integrity and uncompromising ethics.
Prior to EverBank, I was a commercial real estate appraiser with firms addressing both banking and eminent domain/litigation needs. Responsible for narrative analyses of various types of real estate including commercial, office, industrial, retail, multi-family and vacant land. Also responsible for the project coordination, research and analysis of numerous appraisal projects.
Associate member of the Appraisal Institute currently pursuing the MAI designation. Past Government Relations Committee member for the Northeast Florida Chapter of the Appraisal Institute.
Specialties: Commercial appraisal review, vendor management, job efficiencies/pipeline management
- State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser
Jim StJohn's Experience
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; Banking industry
June 2004 – Present (10 years 4 months)
• Manage all commercial appraisal activities of nationwide platform
• Directs the review process of all commercial real estate appraisals for reasonableness in value conclusions and compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Authored and oversee methodology, corporate policies, and procedures for the Valuation Services Group
• Assumed management responsibilities of overall real estate appraisal/environmental functions for recently acquired $2.51B Fortune 500 subsidiary (July 2012)
• Member of due diligence team responsible for acquisition of $1.5B bank portfolio (May 2010)
• Member of the initiative team who developed and implemented a nationwide wholesale commercial lending division
• Interact with Federal and State Agencies to insure full compliance with all regulatory issues
• Developed and manage national panel of appraisers to facilitate nationwide lending program
• Advise executive management on appraisal related real estate and regulatory issues
• Oversee division ordering, reviewing and authorizing all environmental assessments for commercial loans
• Proficient with major commercial and residential database services (RIMS/ExactBid, CoStar, LoopNet, InsideValuation/CoreLogic)
• Over 200% growth in annual appraisal review production since 2008
Commercial Real Estate Appraiser
Weigel-Veasey Appraisers, Inc.
July 1998 – June 2004 (6 years)
•Perform detailed narrative analysis and feasibility studies on wide range of commercial properties including: office, industrial, retail, multi-family and vacant land throughout Florida.
•Research, analyze, confirm and maintain relevant sales, absorption, occupancy, demographic and economic data for various market sectors throughout Florida.
•Site selection and acquisition, due diligence, land planning, valuation, analysis, etc.
•Analyze and interpret leases, contracts and other financial data of investment grade properties utilizing discounted cash flow models and other computer valuation software.
•Interface with attorneys, developers, property owners, brokers and government agencies.
•Manage team of civil engineers, land planners and building contractors (cost estimators) on individual projects
•Responsible for project coordination, research and analysis
Privately Held; 501-1000 employees; Business Supplies and Equipment industry
November 1995 – July 1998 (2 years 9 months)
•Established and maintained 100+ accounts in a multi-county sales territory
•Responsible for targeting and developing new territory in both Raleigh, North Carolina and Orlando, Florida
•Established new [Raleigh, North Carolina] branch office and effectively penetrated new market
Real Estate Appraiser
Broom, Moody, Johnson & Grainger, Inc
January 1991 – November 1995 (4 years 11 months)
•Interact with attorneys, developers, property owners, brokers and government agencies
•Assist with the overall management of consultants on various projects
•Assist with project coordination, research and analysis
•Assist in the valuation analysis
•Assist in site acquisition and due diligence
Real Estate Analysis (Eminent Domain):
•Perform narrative analysis of residential, commercial, industrial, and multi-family properties throughout Northeast Florida
Real Estate Analysis (Commercial):
•Valuation and analysis of all types of commercial real estate
Real Estate Analysis (Residential):
•Prepare residential appraisal reports for various banking and lending institutions.
•Perform appraisals throughout northeast Florida (Duval, St. Johns, Clay, Putnam and Nassau County).
Jim StJohn's Organizations
Appraisal InstituteAdvanced MAI Candidate
Jim StJohn's Skills & Expertise
- Vendor Management
- Residential Homes
- Real Estate
- Investment Properties
- Real Estate Economics
- Due Diligence
- Mortgage Lending
- Asset Managment
- Portfolio Management
- Commercial Real Estate
- Real Estate Financing
Jim StJohn's Education
Jim StJohn's Additional Information
- Groups and Associations:
RMA Chief Appraiser's Round Table - CART II
Contact Jim for:
- career opportunities
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch