Special Assistant at U.S. Department of State
- Washington D.C. Metro Area
- International Trade and Development
Jessica Klein's Overview
- Special Assistant at U.S. Department of State
Jessica Klein's Experience
Government Agency; 10,001+ employees; International Affairs industry
March 2009 – Present (5 years 7 months)
Office of the Director of U.S. Foreign Assistance (F)
- Oversee the development of www.ForeignAssistance.gov, a highly-visible website to make all U.S. foreign assistance funding and programmatic data more transparent and useful.
- Manage a team of six; presenting to executive leadership, such as Secretary Clinton, Congressional representatives, USAID Administrator Shah, and at international forums; coordinating and preparing interagency working groups, schedules, and official guidance; and building consensus on complicated reporting requirements.
- Write a weekly bulletin to over 5,000 DOS and USAID staff, draft talking points and briefings for office leadership; and manage office press and public affairs duties to better communicate office policies, positions, and accomplishments to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support and analyze the formulation of the $35 billion annual budget of USAID and DOS to identify trends and trade-offs, and to ensure compliance with congressional mandates.
- Liaise between the F Chief Operating Officer and other stakeholders to ensure the effective coordination, implementation, and management of foreign assistance strategies, policies, and processes.
Government Agency; 5001-10,000 employees; International Affairs industry
June 2006 – July 2009 (3 years 2 months)
Global Health Bureau / Population and Reproductive Health Office / Policy, Evaluation, and Communication Division
- Analyzed financial data for global projects with budgets of $5 million to over $100 million for accuracy, adherence to USAID regulations, and effectiveness.
- Managed communications with partners to ensure effective project execution, information flow, and reporting.
- Conducted a comprehensive assessment of the USAID/DR Congo’s $67 million health portfolio to write a report of findings, recommendations, and strategies for DR Congo senior staff; information was used to reorganize health programs and eliminate procurement redundancies.
VA General Assembly Intern
Nonprofit; 10,001+ employees; Hospital & Health Care industry
January 2005 – April 2005 (4 months)
Jessica Klein's Skills & Expertise
- Policy Analysis
- Global Health
- Program Evaluation
- International Relations
- International Development
- Reproductive Health
- Foreign Policy
- Business Strategy
- Business Analysis
- Financial Analysis
- Public Policy
- Capacity Building
- Public Diplomacy
- Foreign Affairs
- International Security
- Economic Development
- Federal Government
- Humanitarian Assistance
- Rule Of Law
- Intercultural Communication
- Public/private Partnerships
- Human Rights
- Strategic Communications
- Civil Society
- International Economics
Jessica Klein's Education
2009 – 2013
B.A., International Studies, French
2001 – 2005
Jessica Klein's Additional Information
Contact Jessica for:
- career opportunities
- job inquiries
- reference requests
- getting back in touch