University of Delaware - Lerner College of Business and Economics
District Manager at Babies R Us
|Recommendations||1 person has recommended Jay|
Join LinkedIn & access Jay's full profile
- Responsible for all asset protection and security functions within assigned geographic region. Primary objective is to reduce shrinkage and controllable losses through training, audits, and investigations.
- Developing partnerships with District Managers to drive Sales, store standards, service, and store efficiencies.
- Priorities include coaching Store Leaders and Teams to return to or achieve Operational Excellence in/through:
Inventory Management and Controls
Proper Front-End Execution
Safety and Physical Security
Team-Building and Development
- Internal/External Investigations: Responsible for the investigation and resolution of internal losses, fraud, or criminal acts. This function requires a solid understanding of Store Operations coupled with PD partnership.
• Responsible for improving process and efficiency for all distribution center to store supply chain functions
• Accountable for productivity and store in-stock metrics
• Team leader of Q4 in-season initiatives including Layaway, Multi-Channel and Black Friday implementation
• Owner of the store liquidation process, partnering cross-functionally and with third party collaboration
• Achieved multi-million dollar reduction in Returned Goods Defective (RGD), reducing the company’s expenses (2011)
• Developed and rolled out three interactive training programs for store team members to comply with Back of House (BOH) processes and standards
• Responsible for managing the project planning and workload balancing process with business owners to produce cohesive and clear store plans and instructions. This role includes the gatekeeping of all national project content before it is released to the Field and continually advising business owners on how to maximize operational benefits of their tasks/projects.
• Manager of several corporate-wide task management tools. Direct responsibilities include driving sales and earnings through field support, coaching department executives in reducing expenses, and improving field communications through simplification and efficiency.
• Owner of the $14 million business initiative field budget inclusive of the development process, project decision-making, and project workload. Manage the Team that is accountable for store labor, project hours, and reporting.
• Wrote and communicated executive summaries associated with daily/weekly distribution of store content.
• Managed several large company initiatives;
o Black Friday RHQ Volunteer Program – coordinated hundreds of RHQ Team Members’ locations, training, and schedules to support stores throughout the US on Black Friday
o Store Initiatives Calendar – weekly, high-level project summary report to aid field leadership in their understanding of store project payroll
o Store Staff Meeting Agenda – produced a weekly meeting agenda to improve store performance by focusing on key sales drivers and Team Member development
Fiscally responsible for all financial metrics and operational standards related to the business unit.
General Manager - Managed various units ranging in annual volume from $10 Million to $25 Million including the company’s highest profile and executive location.
Multi-unit responsibilities included hiring, training, and supporting local Toys 'R' Us Express stores
General Manager of Babies”R”Us first mall-concept test store and aided in all decisions regarding construction, human resources, operations, and asset protection. Reported directly to Executive V.P. of Business Development. This concept became the modern Toys"R"Us Express store concept.
- Managed the District Training program responsible for training and mentoring Assistant Store Managers and Department Supervisors.
- Piloted company operational upgrades and store tests.
- Scored highest store standards ratings in guest service and store presentation for Northeast (’06 – ’08)
- Designed and implemented various product replenishment processes to increase stock efficiency and productivity
Studley and Rhodes Awards for Outstanding Community Service - High School & College
Team Leader, District Revamp Projects ('05 - '08): Responsible for retraining and coaching stores to return to operational standards
Corporate Leadership Facilitator ('06 - '09): Instruct leadership courses to Managers in the organization
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
Regional Manager at Bob's Discount Furniture
District Manager at Toys R Us
Regional Director at Toys R Us
District Manager at Babies R Us
National Asset Protection Director at Babies R Us
Human Resources Professional
Regional Asset Protection Manager at Toys R Us
Program / Market Analyst
Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area
Sales / Service at Bike Gallery
Portland, Oregon Area
Neptix.com / Partner / Delveloper
Greater Detroit Area
engineering technician at aerospace avionics
Greater New York City Area
Tech Support Engineer at PTC
Burlington, Vermont Area