Manager at Sony PlayStation
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Marketing and Advertising
James Taylor's Overview
- Software Channel Marketing Manager at Sony Computer Entertainment America
- Co-Founder at Whisman Group LLC
- Audit Associate at KPMG, LLP
- Product Design and UI Freelance at Yelp.com
- Founder at Book Devils
- Licensed California State Notary Public at Self-Employed Notary Public
- Bilingual Sales Rep / Marketing Manager at Residential Pacific Mortgage
- San Diego State University-California State University
- Colegio Salvadoreno Ingles, El Salvador, Central America
James Taylor's Experience
Software Channel Marketing Manager
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; SNE; Entertainment industry
August 2012 – Present (1 year 9 months) Foster City, CA
Partnership; 10,001+ employees; Accounting industry
June 2010 – January 2012 (1 year 8 months) Santa Clara, CA
Intern (Jun - Aug 2010)
Audit Associate (Aug 2011 - Jan 2012)
- Performed quarter-end audits of VeriSign Inc. and SuccessFactors Inc.
- Prepared documentation for the acquisition of internet startup CubeTree, Inc.
- Led team members in discussion of applicable audit regulations.
- Effectively coordinated meetings with Senior Partners.
- Helped Intermolecular, Inc. successfully file S-1 documents for IPO.
- Performed interim and year-end audit testwork for Brocade Communications Systems, Inc.
Product Design and UI Freelance
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; Internet industry
October 2010 – December 2010 (3 months) San Francisco Bay Area
- Designed mockups to seamlessly integrate Yelp reviews into the Kayak iPhone application.
- Completed market analysis on Android devices to predict the success of those devices that would have predecessors.
November 2007 – September 2010 (2 years 11 months)
Managed a network of distributors including Baker & Taylor and Ingram (suppliers for Barnes & Noble and Borders) and developed custom online applications to list product on major textbook outlets such as Amazon and Half.com. We leveraged API technology to create an automated listing service that would, based on a simple algorithm, sift through an XML feed and list profitable product.
Bilingual Sales Rep / Marketing Manager
Residential Pacific Mortgage
January 2006 – August 2007 (1 year 8 months)
Visited customer homes to explain and close quoted mortgage programs and prospected Realtors and other clients to initiate the sales process. I also designed and implemented a centralized database for internal time management and customer follow-up in both SalesForce and ACT.
James Taylor's Skills & Expertise
- Program Management
- Product Management
James Taylor's Publications
Authors: James Taylor
- Inman News
- August 31, 2011
"MortgageCrunch helps originators put the significant long-term impact of refinancing even at a slightly lower interest rate into perspective," said James Taylor, MortgageCrunch co-founder and managing partner, in a statement.
Author: Andrea Brambila
James Taylor's Languages
English(Native or bilingual proficiency)
Spanish(Native or bilingual proficiency)
James Taylor's Education
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Accounting, Graduated May 2010
Activities and Societies: William E. Cole Director's Top 20 Student Award, Beta Alpha Psi, Vice President (Spring 2010), Dean's List for four consecutive years
Colegio Salvadoreno Ingles, El Salvador, Central America
High School Honor Student, General Education
1992 – 2005
James Taylor's Additional Information
Reading non-fiction, tinkering with technology (from software to the latest gadgets), practicing water sports (dinghy sailing as well as windsurfing), playing tennis, collecting guitars, as well as socializing and reconnecting with old friends.
- Groups and Associations:
Member of Beta Alpha Psi Accounting Society, Member of Devonshire Park Lawn Tennis Association, Member of San Diego Mission Bay Aquatic Center
- Honors and Awards:
Vice-President of Beta Alpha Psi Accounting Society (Spring 2010) - Beta Eta Chapter, Published in The Express Newspaper (Livermore, CA)