Saint John's University - Peter J. Tobin College of Business
Broker at Aon Risk Solutions
Join LinkedIn & access James J.'s full profile
Marine Hull & Liability
Managed 3 underwriting professionals in New York City office. Grew the Northeastern Zone’s Marine Book of Business consisting primarily of Brown Water, Builder’s Risk and Select Domestic Blue Water Accounts. Managed existing producer relationships.
• Developed and targeted new accounts and producers in New York City, Long Island, Westchester, Baltimore, MD and Norfolk, VA resulting in $800,000 of new business.
• Participated in the inter-departmental cross-sell compaign through SalesForce to expand revenues and open up new avenues of account production with existing clients of CNA.
Involved with the targeting of new accounts, forecasting and budgeting of monthly activity. Prepared monthly activity reports and budgets for Home Office.
• Grew a $12 Million book of Brown Water business in the New York Region.
• Assisted and monitored seven underwriters in the New York office with Brown Water account day-to-day activity. Communicated with both clients and producers to foster better relationships.
• Underwrote and handled cargo and liability accounts.
• Underwrote both blue and brown water marine risks, builder’s risk and primary US$ 1,000,000 of Protection and Indemnity risks.
• Monitored the aggregation of Builder’s Risk and Contractors Equipment exposures in the U.S. Gulf.
Co-supervised five employees responsible for $4.5 million in revenue.
• Forecasted and monitored annual revenue projections.
• Oversaw the placement of marine risks and serviced the existing book of business of cargo, blue water hull, brown water hull, yacht and energy builder’s risk accounts.
• Involved in the development of a primary $10-million reinsurance program for the construction all risk placements for the Southern Pacific, South America, and London offices of AIG energy.
• Marketed and administered a builder’s risk program for the company’s Far Eastern client and its four shipyards with a potential gross premium of $7.8 million.
* Supervised four Dutch employees. Acted as a liaison between the NY home office and Dutch clients and assisted with the registration of the Dutch office with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce.
Oversaw the daily account maintenance of blue water hull book. Coordinated the activities of the acconting, average adjusting and brokerage departments to resolve outstanding issues.
• Prepared binders, cover notes, endorsements and invoiced premiums.
• Acquired information for the preparation of client and underwriter proposals.
• Prepared Particular Average Adjustments for review by Senior Average Adjuster and assisted with claims collection.
Involved in the development, implementation and instruction of the Shipboard Automated Maintenance Module (SAMM), a computerized onboard maintenance tracking and recording system installed on Military Sealift Command owned/chartered vessels.
Reviewed and confirmed engine machinery spare part inventory lists with actual spare parts onboard several vessels purchased by US Lines from Puerto Rico Marine Lines.
Involved with alumni activities, the Kings Point Challenge fund raising iniative. I was also the Head Coach of the Men's JV Basketball Team and Assistant Varsity Basketball Coach.
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
Senior Vice President at Nausch, Hogan & Murray, Inc.
Vice President at Nausch, Hogan & Murray, Inc
MBA, CPCU, ARM
Associate Placement Specialist, Qualified Solutions Group-Casualty
Account Assistant/Exec Assistant at Nausch Hogan & Murray
Partner at International Risk Consultants
Underwriter at Gen Re
National Marine Liabilities Practice Leader at Marsh
Vice President at Aon Risk Services
Desktop Publishing & PowerPoint Professional
Councillor for Rushey Green Ward at London Borough of Lewisham & Volunatary Sector Manager
London, United Kingdom
Franchise Partner at You Move Me
Greater Boston Area
Director of Sales and Marketing at Meritus Health Partners
Phoenix, Arizona Area
Healthcare & Medical Solution Sales, Account Executive and Business Development Professional
Greater Atlanta Area
Attorney admitted to practice in NYS
Greater New York City Area