Web Copy Editor (Consultant)
Writer/Copy Editor, specializing in financial services
|Recommendations||6 people have recommended Iris|
Join LinkedIn & access Iris's full profile
Web Copy Editor (Consultant)
Highly skilled and creative financial services writer and editor with 20+ years of broad experience in traditional and digital financial marketing and communications.
Combines strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to translate complex information into compelling marketing messages.
Deadline oriented with exceptional attention to detail. Advanced knowledge of investment, financial and economic topics, supported by MBA in finance, BA in economics and Series 7 license (inactive).
• investment commentaries and outlooks
• shareholder communications
• corporate communications
• corporate and fund-specific annual reports
• website content
• corporate biographies
• employee and external newsletters
• feature stories
• thought leadership papers
• collateral materials (sales ideas, mailers, etc.)
• new product launch kits
Following SEO best practices, I provide copy editing support for blog site alpha-now.com.
Create corporate biographies after interviewing more than 60 Financial Advisors and senior managers in the wealth management division of J.P. Morgan.
• Assisted product marketing managers in developing and editing marketing communications materials, including FAQs, product sheets, white papers and sell sheets.
• TD Ameritrade Institutional provides comprehensive brokerage and custody services to more than 4,000 fee-based, independent Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs).
• Created and edited compelling copy for full range of print marketing collateral and websites.
• Subjects included mutual funds, capital markets, group retirement plans, 529 college savings plans and employee communications.
• Ensured that copy supported the firm's brand identity and messaging.
• Created print and web content at top global integrated brand agency as part of massive rebranding effort for TIAA-CREF Asset Management's mutual fund family.
• Deliverables included a real estate asset class brochure, fund and account profiles, a PowerPoint pitchbook for the TIAA Real Estate Account, and RFP responses for plan sponsor and consultant audiences.
• Wrote and edited customized marketing materials for print and online use to fulfill the needs of financial advisors serving high net worth and ultra high net worth clients and prospects.
• Developed personalized F/A team brochures and biographies, local advertising and seminar invitations.
• Provided final editorial signoff.
• Copy edited print and online marketing communications for leading global investment bank, which serves clients in more than 100 countries.
• Materials included content for jpmorgan.com, PowerPoint decks, white papers, brochures, advertisements, collateral for conferences and events, and invitations.
• Provided online copy editing support for Prudential's eBusiness Development Group (eDG).
• Managed content/design updates for main enterprise website and other smaller marketing sites.
• eDG manages prudential.com and more than 60 other websites within the insurance, investments and international divisions.
• Supported legal and compliance review process for all published content.
• Wrote and edited customized marketing materials to fulfill the needs of 8,000 financial advisors serving high net worth and ultra high net worth clients and prospects.
• Developed local advertising, seminar invitations, personalized FA/team brochures and biographies.
• Created templated, downloadable letters for online letter library.
• Produced and edited online content for FA Web and Marketing Express, a state-of-the-art intranet portal designed to expedite service.
• Wrote portfolio-specific communications and marketing literature for the international equity investment discipline to support growth of the firm's institutional, intermediary and direct business channels.
• Interviewed portfolio managers and the international equity chief investment officer and collaborated with other investment team members to develop thought leadership papers and special projects on topical issues.
• Contributed articles to company newsletters.
• Edited and reviewed work produced by freelance writers.
• Was responsible for all aspects of project management—idea generation, research, writing, editing, review process and final production.
• Edited and wrote printed and electronic marketing materials.
• Communications included pitch books, product-specific brochures, collateral for conferences and events, fact sheets and sales materials for all areas of the firm, including capital markets and wealth management.
• Contributed stories to Bear in Mind, employee newsletter. • Long-term freelance position resulted in permanent staff job as of February 2006.
• writing quarterly investment review for hedge fund with AUM of $900 million
• writing for web-based investor glossary
• copy editing Latin American equity and fixed-income research reports for BBVA (Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria)
• Wrote and edited sales and marketing materials for Scudder Investments’ offshore mutual funds family.
• Developed kits from inception to delivery for new product launches.
• Wrote brochures, slide presentations for client seminars, global market and fund outlooks and commentaries, portfolio manager conference call highlights/talking points, and fund reports for use by sales force, broker-dealer network, clients and prospects.
• Edited content of offshore website.
• Wrote monthly investment newsletter.
• Wrote and produced sales and marketing materials, including fund brochures, prospecting letters, seminar invitations, mailers and advertisements.
• Wrote and edited articles for monthly departmental newsletter.
• Edited bimonthly newsletter for financial consultants.
• Wrote articles for weekly company publication.
• Supervised junior writers.
• Coordinated projects with graphic designers, attorneys, portfolio managers and senior management.
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
Thought Leadership Writer | Digital Content Strategist, Financial, Tech, White Paper Writer | Editorial Director
Investment Writer at Barclays Wealth and Investment Management
Finance, business and insurance ghostwriter. Writing scripts, books and seminar materials for leading financial experts.
Investment Writer & Editor
Senior Financial Writer and Editor
Senior Financial Writer/Editor at Putnam Investments