IKAMEYIN PETER's Overview
- Site Audit at Alltel
- Core optimization, Troubleshooting/supervisor at zte
- BTS Engineer at WAGITEL
- Network Administrator at Transfer Technology center,
- Rivers State University of Science and Technology.
- Duke Town Secondary School.
IKAMEYIN PETER's Summary
A Goal-oriented and collaborative IT and telecommunication professional with experience applying hardware and software installation, administration, and configuration to support growing businesses. Proven analytic and problem-solving skills with the keen ability to assess needs, define requirements, develop value-added solutions, and execute technical solutions that streamline and improve operating efficiencies. Proficient in communicating with technical and non-technical audiences. Develop system documentation and create policies to meet the needs of dynamic and continuously changing environments. Result-oriented individual with an exemplary track record of success in safety and regulatory compliance, quality control, maintenance and repair.
IKAMEYIN PETER's Experience
Privately Held; 501-1000 employees; Telecommunications industry
December 2013 – Present (10 months) port harcourt
Using a do form to take the inventory and the parameters of the site, for both indoor and outdoor equipment, Login into the Ericsson microwave radio and take the parameters of the Radio, observing the missing hardware at the site. Using a GPS on an Android phone to located the distance of the site, taking the picture of the equipment and the coordinate of the site before uploading to the sever.
Core optimization, Troubleshooting/supervisor
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; 0763; Telecommunications industry
January 2013 – December 2013 (1 year) uyo/ port harcourt region
Engineering Implementation / Radio Network Frequency Optimization Engineering (RF)/Rigger, Optimization down tilt and up tilt (electrical tilts and mechanical tilts), checking sector Azimuth, checking feeder swap, checking sector swap, Alarm troubleshooting (VSWR).Site Integration, and clearing of dry contact alarm. Connector, Surge Arrestor and Diplexer installation, connecting AISG cable, Implementing site integration, data configuration, generator synchronization, Generator troubleshooting, monitoring the DG from the Hybrid, calling BSC for site synchronization, material Delivery on site, terminating the Alarm cable from the BTS to the hybrid Rectifier. Working with zte ATX.
April 2012 – December 2012 (9 months) ENUGU
• open and check the parking list of the items supplied,
• Measure, drill and install the base on the plinth
• Install the RSU cabinet according to the design.
• Install the ZTESDR88200 cabinet; install the RSU 900MHZ and 1800MHZ respective.
• Cross check the existing jumper cable and label the new ones.--Install the jumper cables according to the required configuration.--Check for the azimuth of the tower, first, second, and 3rd sectors, check if there is cable swap at the antennas, and label appropriately if there is any cable swap.
• Install and terminate the power cable from the DCPD5 to DCPD4.--Measure , label and run and terminate 25mm power cables from RC power to the hybrid system
• Ensure proper grounding of the equipment, both internal and to the existing earthen bar.--Label and terminate the fibers from BBU to the RRU fiber ports.-Install the DDF 120 crone block, install the alarm cable and terminate at the hybrid alarm port.--Disconnect existing TMA and RET and install ZTE Supplied RET.--Run a pair of power cable from the BTS cabinet to the hybrid converter since the IDU is powered by 24V power supply and the cabinet has 48V.
• Monitor sweep test of the feeder cable also worked with both MTN and ZTE engineers to ensure a successful cut over of the sites as scheduled.
Transfer Technology center,
November 2010 – September 2011 (11 months) Lagos
NETWORK MANAGEMENT: Setting up Local Area Network (LAN), Configuring DHCP, DNS, and ADS on 2003 and 2008 operating System, Sharing Internet within a local Area Network. Configuring TCP/IP Protocol. Integrate Cisco Router and Switches, Configuring Cisco Router 2600 and switches 1800 for inter networking, VLAN, VTP, NAT, ACL on a Cisco Router.
NETWORK SECURITY: Responsible for security solution on the local network by configuring account policies, password policies and account lock out policies on sever 2008 operating system. Configuring Port-Security on a live Cisco switch. Linux installation and administration.
RADIO FREQUENCY (RF): Using EDX software, Google earth and map Info for RF planning. Configuring point-point connection, Wireless distribution system, (WDS).Implementing an ISP BASE STATION using NETKROM software from point to multi-point, Configuring VLAN, HOTSPOT, and ROUTING on Base Station Radio.
TRANSMISSION: VSAT Installation, installing LNB, BUN, FEEDHORN on the VSAT dish and configuring the IDU and ODU, (indoor unit and outdoor unit).VoIP implementation and VPN design and configuration. VoIP installation by using SIP server and X lite, 3cx soft phone system and IP phone configuration. Configuring VPN router to create tunneling protocol.
OPTICS FIBER: Implementing and installing single mode and multi-mode fiber.
GSM OPERATION AND MAINTAINCE: Upgrade of 2G to 2.5G to 2.75G and 3G network. Configuration and installing Antenna on a mask. BTS commissioning and installation. SDH and PDH configuration and installation.
IKAMEYIN PETER's Skills & Expertise
- SOFTWARE: Microsoft office (word, excel, access, PowerPoint and outlook expres
- Network Administration
- Optical Fiber
IKAMEYIN PETER's Education
Rivers State University of Science and Technology.
B.sc, computer science/mathematics
2004 – 2010
Duke Town Secondary School.
O level., science
1996 – 2002
IKAMEYIN PETER's Additional Information
Contact IKAMEYIN for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View IKAMEYIN PETER’s full profile to...
- See who you and IKAMEYIN PETER know in common
- Get introduced to IKAMEYIN PETER
- Contact IKAMEYIN PETER directly