The University of Texas at Arlington
Managing Partner at TAG Builders LLC
Join LinkedIn & access Herb's full profile
TAG Builders LLC is a partnership focusing on high end remodeling, additions, and custom homes. Responsibilities include; quoting, customer service, design, project management, and finance.
BMI is a small business started to capitalize on Aerodynamics experience of the CEO. SmartTruck is a spinoff of BMI producing and selling aerodynamic kits to increase fuel mileage of Class 8 tractor trailers capable of obtaining 9 mpg in commercial operation.
• Responsible for operations in support the SmartTruck program. www.smarttrucksystems.com/
• Developed Material Requirements Planning system to determine when to reorder parts.
• Developed a Purchase Order system.
• Worked with engineers to develop designs for concepts developed by the Aerodynamics group to ensure the design could be built.
• Continued keeping the focus on reducing costs from the design.
• Ensured design met safety requirements.
• Provided customer support to large customers including:
o Conway Truckload
o Swift Transportation
o Road Systems, Inc.
o Michelin Americas Truck Tires
o Hyundai Translead
• Responsible for setting up warehouse, shipping processes and inventory control.
• Coordinated the development of a Customer Relationship Management database.
• Developed drawing release plan and drawing format for engineering.
Program Manager and Engineering Manager for the Post Production Support Program.
• Provide leadership for 25 people supporting Lockheed Martin heritage aircraft including the L-1011 and JetStar aircraft.
• Managed design group to modify P-3 Aircraft
• Managed C-130 liaison group
• Communicate program status to operators and customers.
• Overall staffing for the engineering department.
• Developing and implementing plans.
• Performance reviews and salary management.
• Customer support
• Held a secret security clearance.
PROGRAM MANAGER. Profit and loss responsibility for a program to modify a Gulfstream GV for a foreign end customer.
• Led a program of over 100 employees, 70 of which were engineers.
• Coordinated between multiple functional groups.
• Reviewed status of projects and budgets; managed schedules and prepared status reports.
• Assessed project issues and developed resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
• Developed mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project engineers, supervisors, and customers.
Held various positions with increasing responsibility including Project Manager for a multi-million dollar program.
• Interfaced with the customer to develop statement of work, generate proposal and cost for project, develop, implement, and manage the project plan.
• Ensured all aspects of project were integrated including design engineering, certification organization, manufacturing engineering, planning, and parts fabrication and procurement.
• Business skills included workload management, technical integration of design disciplines, budgeting, and diplomacy to achieve successful coordination with internal/external customers (foreign and domestic).
Sr. Engineer involved with developing and designing various F-16 aircrew training devices and test equipment including cooling systems, electronic packaging, fuselage design, and structural supports. Other experiences include proposal preparation, conceptual designs, design presentations and design reviews. Held a secret security clearance.
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
777 Airframe Chief Engineer at Boeing Commercial Airplanes
President at Stewart Custom Homes Inc.
Venture Out Investments, LLC
Contract Project Manager at Bausch + Lomb
Engineer Specialist at Cessna Aircraft Company
Acct. Mgr. & Sales at Hytech Machining