Saint Joseph's University
International Business, German, Faith-Justice
Relay for Life Specialist at American Cancer Society
Join LinkedIn & access Gillian's full profile
International Business, German, Faith-Justice
To gain a position in an international business organization, utilizing my experience, results driven business acumen and education to help further the business footprint in the global landscape. Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
• Recruit, empower, mentor and retain more than 3,000 volunteers in different leadership roles over three Relay For Life events.
• Organize and manage three Relay For Life events; strategic planning, external communications with outside resources, internal communications with team members and senior management, organize, manage, and coordinate more than 3,000 volunteers in different leadership roles.
• Responsible for the fundraising achievement for a total of over $350K.
• Successful in developing increased participation and event revenue growth while building relationships and leadership development.
• Adhere to and comply with ACS policies regarding revenue management.
• Assure client satisfaction by effectively addressing and resolving issues as well as risk management.
• Coordinate, organize and facilitate multiple monthly meetings per event.
• Analyze individual event progress and revenue goals aligned with ACS objectives.
• Results: Increase revenue 75.4% and participation by 54.5% for the Relay For Life of Stratford with over 300 attendees.
• Results: Increase revenue 57% and participation by 23.5% for the Relay For Life of Fairfield University with over 600 attendees.
*Gave tour to prospective students and families
*Used my knowledge to answer about SJU to prospective students and parents.
* Established a new vision for the Program
* Marketed a goal of 40% support from the 2013 graduating class
* Coordinated logistics for events throughout the year
* Archived the greatest giving from the graduating student body
* Worked with faculty mentor- Dr. Thomas Buckley from the Foreign Language Department.
* Full-time research position.
* Topic: Die Wirtschaftsentwicklung von Deutschland nach dem Ersten Weltkrieg (Historical Development of Germany after the First World War).
SJU's PSIP program is a student-led service program for incoming freshman. Students move onto campus four days early to immerse themselves in service and cultural events throughout the Philadelphia area, and participate in reflection groups that allow them to learn and share with each other as they consider what it means to begin their journey as students at a Jesuit university in this incredible city.
As PSIP coordinator, I am responsible for working with two others to coordinate the 20 service sites and cultural destinations for 100 incoming freshman, and working alongside 22 passionate student leaders to run this incredible experience.
Organized legal cases into a database
Updated the database sorting through expired cases
Compiled a schedule to coordinate 5 vehicles to serve 35 sites
Managed logistics including proper documentation for vehicles and a full gas tank
Advertised and selected group members
Held weekly meetings to brainstorm fundraising events
Delegated tasks and successfully implemented fundraising events
Devised the plan and coordinated logistics for the 2 week trip to the Gulf Coast
Received positive feedback and evaluations- 100% of participants would go again
Created Recruitment materials and made calls to obtain team members
Redesigned the program which resulted in an increased interest of participants
Planned a weekly schedule and contacted organizations to provide service sites
Calculated a budget and worked within those parameters
Supervised camp activities which resulted in a cohesive group
Led daily discussion groups to measure group morale and progress
Recruitment of new members
Coordinated service events
Organized weekly meetings
Managed youth group through the transition of new pastoral leaders
Brainstormed and oversaw fundraising programs for mission trips
Helped establish a new vision for the youth group
Printed and mailed Monthly newsletter to entire congregation
Provided referrals for all incoming calls
For my International Marketing class that I completed in Spring 2013, we did a group project introducing Snapple On-the-Go to the United Kingdom. This included completing a cultural and economic analysis as well as creating a product and marketing plan.
Summer Scholars is a research program at Saint Joseph's University where I will work with Dr. Thomas Buckley on the topic of
"Das Wirtschaftswunder von Deutschland nach den Krieg" (The Economic Rise of Germany in the Post War Period).
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
Client Service Associate at Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
Third Grade Teacher at String Theory Schools
Graduate Student at Saint Joseph's University
at Unifire Incorporated
Student at Ramapo College of New Jersey
Nurse Practitioner at Christiana Care Health System
Senior HR Advisor at Corporate Travel Management
Global Marketing Manager - Data Centre Business Unit at Dimension Data
Johannesburg Area, South Africa
R.G. Independent Consulting
Greater Seattle Area
Head of Innovation Delivery SPCT
Auckland, New Zealand
Leeds, United Kingdom