Lead Associate at Booz Allen Hamilton
- Washington D.C. Metro Area
- Information Technology and Services
Gail Clarke's Overview
- Lead Associate at Booz Allen Hamilton
- St Paul Collge
- University of Maryland, College
- University of Oklahoma
Gail Clarke's Summary
GOAL: To obtain a management position in an organization that provides the opportunity for growth and increased responsibilities by employing my military leadership abilities and highly developed executive skills in information assurance and information technology.
• Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance
• Analytical, results-driven senior professional with over 29 years experience in information management and project management with the US Army
• Superior abilities in leading, motivating and developing cohesive teams using diplomacy and analytical skills with winning results for customers and the organization
• Proven results in the new Department of Defense (DoD) Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP)
• Customer-oriented Information Assurance (IA) professional with strong interpersonal and communications skills
CERTIFICATION & TRAINING:
• Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
• Certified Information Security Systems Manager (CISM)
• Certified Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
• Project Management Professional (PMP)
Gail Clarke's Experience
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; BAH; Management Consulting industry
November 2011 – Present (2 years 11 months)
- Conducted thorough analysis of the Army's many command and control, logistics, communication, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance systems and platforms while incorporating Army policies, regulations, and senior leader guidance to streamline and extremely complicated network, weapons and communications architecture around a common set of IT standards and architecture as the Army develops into a truly networked force. The research resulted in years of intellectual capital in a repository that can be used to provide guidance and insight to the Army enterprise, LandWarNet 2020.
- Co-authored and socialized the Deployed Tactical Network Guidance White Paper, a document used to describe and present the importance of the interdependencies when trying to extend the enterprise and its services to the commanders in the tactical environment. The document provides an important construct for stakeholders and industry when conducting research and planning for resources and products for the future tactical network.
- Prepared briefings and synchronized efforts with key Army leadership within the CIO/G6, Army Cyber and G/3/5/7 to effectively posture future tactical Amy tactical deployed network architecture for success.
- Participated as a primary contributor of the Identity and Access Management (IdAM) Rules Based Architecture task. Conducted an assessment that included a review of the Federal Identity, Credential, and Access Management (FICAM), IdAM Road Map and senior Army Cyber CIO/G6 leadership guidance. The analyst resulted in developing a collaborative team approach that will result in the Army's input into the first DoD IdAM Rules Based Architecture Document.
Senior Systems Engineer
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
May 2011 – November 2011 (7 months)
- Conduct secure system engineering and development, including system/security requirements analysis and secure system definition and development of Information Assurance specifications, policies and procedures using technical ad analytical skills.
- Apply advanced networking concepts in the analysis, study, and design of data networks.
- Analyses network characteristics (e.g., traffic, connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes and throughput) and recommends procurement, removals, and modification to network components.
Deputy Project Manager
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
August 2009 – October 2011 (2 years 3 months)
- Manage eight senior subject matter experts tasked to perform critical research and collaboration across the Army IA community of interest, the Department of Defense, National Security Agency, key industry partners and research agencies resulting in the Army's first overarching IA Strategy for the Future Force.
- Supervise the development of the Cyber Directorate IA Web Portal; the IA Web Portal is the Army, CIO/G6's authoritative IA Resource.
- Manage the software development team in the daily activities for the IA Roles and Responsibilities Database. The database provide users across the Army access to four Army Regulations (ARs), Best Business Practices (BBPs) and Army ALARACTs that define IA duties from one central location.
- Prepares and briefs at the General and Senior Executive Service level.
- Facilitates a monthly Army IA Project Management Working Groups that takes issues directly to HQDA for resolution.
Chief of Security, Army Knowledge Online (AKO), Fort Belvoir, VA
Government Agency; 10,001+ employees; Military industry
March 1988 – June 2009 (21 years 4 months)
- Lead security management for the Army’s largest information system servicing 2.5 million users, with an annual operating budget of $100M.
- Directed and advised 16 security personnel in all aspects of IA which directly attributed to AKO’s selection as a winner of the 2008 DoD Chief Information Officer’s Award.
- Managed the successful IA Certification and Accreditation of four Army systems all completed on time and $200K under budget.
- Documented AKO’s first Disaster Recovery and Continuity of Operations Plan resulting in near instantaneous failover capability for a mission critical information system.
Chief Network Operations Support Branch
Government Agency; 501-1000 employees; Defense & Space industry
July 2004 – June 2007 (3 years)
- Managed a 47 multi-service, civilian and contractor team providing 24x7 operations support ensuring delivery of IT equipment to support the Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff (JS) and the Combatant Commanders.
- Spearheaded logistic support development for the JS IT enterprise equipment for top secret, secret and unclassified networks valued in excess of $600M with 100% accountability allowing for 99.999% network reliability.
- Coordinated numerous support elements to connect 3 networks at different levels of security, resulting in a full spectrum information technology resource to provide timely strategic advice to the President and Secretary of Defense.
- Upgraded or replaced in less than 90 days, 5,000 operating systems and over 3,600 computers without disruption of service to the customer.
Director of Operations, Professor of Systems Management
Government Agency; 1001-5000 employees; International Affairs industry
January 2001 – January 2004 (3 years 1 month)
- Actively supervised the daily operations of 58 faculty, 11 military staff and over 3,600 students annually.
- Managed the planning and execution of the $10.8M annual budget with a 98% obligation rate.
- Selected over senior officers as the Advanced Program Management Liaison Officer to mentor 28 senior military and international officers, and Federal agency executives resulting in 100% graduation.
- Developed a monthly "Management Snap Shot" and quarterly "Faculty Travel Report" that enabled leadership to make adept resource decisions for the college.
Gail Clarke's Skills & Expertise
- Information Assurance
- System Deployment
- Human Resources
- Special Operations
- Employee Relations
- Top Secret
- Computer Security
- Military Operations
- National Security
- Security Clearance
- Systems Engineering
- Information Security
Gail Clarke's Education
St Paul Collge
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Sociology
1975 – 1979
Activities and Societies: Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
University of Maryland, College
Bachelor of Science, Information Systems Management
Master of Arts, Public Administration
Master of Science, Information Systems
Gail Clarke's Additional Information
I enjoy meeting people, reading, shopping, and traveling. I find it rewarding working with youth and seniors.
- Groups and Associations:
Delta Sigma Theta, Inc Toast Masters International AFCEA International Women in Defense Women in Technology (WiT)
Contact Gail for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch