Eric S. Talkar
Graphic Designer, Digital Media Group at DIRECTV
- Greater New York City Area
- Graphic Design
Eric S. Talkar's Overview
- Graphic Designer at Digital Media Group at DIRECTV
Eric S. Talkar's Summary
Designer with experience creating meaningful and beautiful designs across digital platforms. With a focus on communication and a strong attention to detail, I can execute a project from concept to pixel perfect completion. Experienced at collaborating effectively to create smart solutions that communicate for the client.
Graduate of the Pratt Institute, Brooklyn NY.
Eric S. Talkar's Experience
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; DTV; Telecommunications industry
January 2012 – Present (2 years 9 months) Rockefeller Plaza, NY
• Support vision for marketing projects under the DIRECTV name
• Experienced at working with Art Directors to translate Marketing and Creative strategies into powerful design
• Ability to create pixel-perfect vector graphics and designs
• Collaborate with the Interactive Producer team to maintain current project obligations
• Demonstrate multi-disciplinary approach to creative problem-solving
• Understand and effectively communicate/implement creative concepts that reflect the company’s creative and business philosophy, methodology and capabilities
• Demonstrate foresight by understanding emerging tools, technology and business practices for the digital medium, and learning the application of these tools and practices
Graphic Design Intern
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; VIA; Entertainment industry
September 2011 – December 2011 (4 months) Manhattan, New York
Graphic Design intern at MTV Networks / VH1, within their off-air creative department. Worked along-side fellow designers, art directors, project managers, and writers to develop off air graphics for the leading television network. Projects included: billboards, posters and E-blasts for reality shows and events such as 'Basketball Wives of LA', 'Love & HipHop', 'National Metal Day', and many more. Designed banners and promotional material for VH1's Metal Evolution that were on board the KISS Kruise Wet Wild & Rockin' cruise ship. Designed the Season One DVD packaging for the hit show 'Mob Wives'.
Freelance Graphic Designer
FiveStar Furniture Manufacturers
June 2011 – September 2011 (4 months) Brooklyn, New York
Freelance graphic designer for a top quality furniture manufacturing company. Developed 100+ page company catalog. Dealt directly with the CEO and Art Director conceptualizing and executing designs for the entire catalog including cover and inside content. Provided Art Direction and assistance with photo shoots.
Graphic Design Intern
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Fine Art industry
September 2009 – December 2009 (4 months) New York, NY
Worked with a team of graphic designers to create layout designs for the well known Christie's company catalog. Processed and finalized images for catalog publication. Assisted photographers for on-site photoshoots.
Eric S. Talkar's Languages
English(Native or bilingual proficiency)
Eric S. Talkar's Skills & Expertise
- After Effects
- Screen Printing
- Adobe Acrobat
- Graphic Design
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Web Design
- Logo Design
Eric S. Talkar's Honors and Awards
Presidential Merit Based ScholarshipPratt Institute
Scholarship awarded for maintaining a cumulative gpa of 3.6 throughout the course of my studies at Pratt Institute
Presidents List honor roll (2008 - 2012)Pratt Institute
Presidents List throughout the course of my studies at Pratt Institute. Cumulative gpa of 3.6
CommD Scholarship / Bolton ScholarshipPratt Institute Communications Design Department
Communications Design Department / Bolton Scholarship awarded for being an exceptional student within the Communications Design / Graphic Design department. Scholarship was awarded based on a portfolio review.
Cleveland Scholarship Program ScholarshipCleveland Scholarship Program
Scholarship awarded for being an exceptional student from Cleveland, Ohio.
RecognitionPratt Institute; Behance; POTW.com
- December 2011
- Black Ship Brewing Co. branding/packaging project awarded as an Exceptional design piece by the ComD department at Pratt Institute.
- The project is also featured online at packagingoftheworld.com
- Noah's Ark Original Deli branding project featured on Behance's Student Gallery :: http://studentshow.com/
Eric S. Talkar's Education
BFA, Communications Design / Graphic Design; Advertising; Illustration
2008 – 2012
Grade: 3.6 CGPA
As a design graduate of the Pratt Institute, my education has been modeled around an intensive study of concept, function and form. Focusing on the many areas of typography, branding, print, package, web, advertising, and motion design as a means to communicate visually.
Eric S. Talkar's Additional Information
Contact Eric S. for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Eric S. Talkar’s full profile to...
- See who you and Eric S. Talkar know in common
- Get introduced to Eric S. Talkar
- Contact Eric S. Talkar directly