Lead Technical Consultant at Apex International Football Consultancy
- Oakville, Ontario, Canada (Toronto, Canada Area)
Dino Lopez's Overview
- Lead Technical Consultant at Apex International Football Consultancy
- Technical Director at Oakville Soccer Club
- Ontario Regional Manager at FrontRow Canada
- Mentor Coach and Age Group Head Coach at Oakville Soccer Club
- Ontario Sales Team at Umbro Canada
- Indpendent Sales Agent at Sportira
- District Manager at Automatic Data Processing
Dino Lopez's Summary
Specialties: Sales, SPIN Selling, Education Technology, Sporting Goods, Channel Management, Football Program Design, Coaching, Coaching Development, Player Development
Dino Lopez's Experience
Lead Technical Consultant
Apex International Football Consultancy
November 2013 – Present (11 months) Toronto, Canada Area
Lead consultant and assistance with management of all football related activities at Apex IFC. These include:
• providing program and curriculum development support to soccer clubs and academies.
• on-field coaching and coaching development for partner clubs and academies.
• provide outsourced camp solutions for partner clubs and academies. Apex will help plan, implement and execute recreational and international professional camps.
• offer club/academy brand management solutions - Including program design, logo design and web design.
• help build franchised or cost sharing program opportunities for clubs, academies and entrepreneurs.
• Assist in building a network of like-minded professional coaches who believe in a player-centered approach to player development.
Nonprofit; 11-50 employees; Sports industry
August 2012 – October 2013 (1 year 3 months)
• Service and manage technical program design and structure for House League, Referee, Coaching Development and Rep operations.
• Manage 6 full-time and over 25 part-time staff
• Devise curriculum and player development strategy for over 12000 youth soccer players
• Manage relationships with universities, amateur and professional clubs to create viable player pathways for OSC athletes
• Manage a significant technical budget to best deliver on the OSC mission to “Advance Every Player”
• Manage change and ensure attainment of new LTPD and OPDL standards for amateur soccer clubs in Ontario
Ontario Regional Manager
Public Company; 51-200 employees; E-Learning industry
March 2008 – August 2012 (4 years 6 months)
• Managed both direct sales and distribution sales of classroom amplification equipment throughout Ontario.
• Created and closed large sales opportunities to drive FrontRow business through our distribution channels.
• Forged C-level relationships and conducted C-level presentations for Directors and Superintendents of Education on the benefits of classroom amplification.
• Offered sales support, business planning support and marketing support to our existing network of dealers.
• Created and presented workshops on installation, troubleshooting and teaching applications for FrontRow products.
• Managed and supported corporate marketing and PR initiatives to be driven through our dealer channels.
• Pioneered Showcases Schools and Leadership Summits to help market FrontRow products and benefits to Education decision makers.
Mentor Coach and Age Group Head Coach
Nonprofit; 11-50 employees; Sports industry
October 2005 – August 2012 (6 years 11 months)
• Mentor Coach for coaches for U13 and U15 coaches.
• Have coached Boys and girls teams from U10 to U18.
Ontario Sales Team
2004 – 2008 (4 years)
• Serviced and sold to retail channels for UMBRO in Southwest Ontario as well as account management of a national key account.
• Presented and offered sales support for distribution channels when dealing with soccer clubs, associations and camps.
• Managed and coordinated product customization and delivery timelines for soccer club business, large associations and camps in conjunction with procurement and our retail channels.
• Involved in strategic product planning and marketing programs to maximize brand impressions and sales opportunities for the brand nationally.
• Increased sales by 24% in 2005 (which was the highest sales growth in the country), by 14% in 2006 and 3% in 2007.
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; ADP; Human Resources industry
June 2000 – May 2003 (3 years)
• Sold outsourced Payroll, Human Resources and Time and Attendance solutions.
• Surpassed 100% of quota in the final year of working with ADP.
• Generated leads via cold calling and referral relationships with bankers and accountants.
• Managed relationships with existing clients for referrals and consultative up-selling.
• Sales process involved dealing with gatekeepers, consulting with the user-buyer (HR/Payroll) and IT managers, and closing sales with the financial decision-makers (CEO, President, CFO, Owner).
Dino Lopez's Skills & Expertise
- Account Management
- Sales Process
- Sales Operations
- Business Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Channel Partners
- Social Networking
- Business Strategy
- Product Management
- Contract Negotiation
- Lead Generation
- Marketing Strategy
- Sales Management
- Change Management
- Product Marketing
- Business Development
- Direct Sales
- New Business Development
- Solution Selling
- Strategic Partnerships
- International Sales
- Public Relations
- Team Building
- Team Leadership
- Sales Presentations
- Competitive Analysis
- Event Management
- Product Development
- Market Research
- Key Account Management
- Sports Management
Dino Lopez's Certifications
US Soccer National A Coaches License
- United States Soccer Federation
- License 30023
- January 2012 to January 2016
OSA Provincial B Coaches License
- Ontario Soccer Association
Dino Lopez's Education
Dino Lopez's Additional Information
Contact Dino for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch