Product Support Analyst at OptumInsight
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Information Technology and Services
DeWayne Parrish's Overview
- Product Support Analyst at Axolotl is now OptumInsight
- Techskills of California
- Evergreen Valley College
- Professional Certificates
DeWayne Parrish's Summary
I believe my training, experience, and proven ability will allow me to significantly contribute your company.
In reviewing the attached resume, you will note that I have acquired valuable experience in all facets of troubleshooting, installations, and product support for various desktop operations, hardware, and software. I possess a unique talent for delivering highly complex technical information into terms and concepts that the end users can readily grasp. Furthermore, I am multi-task oriented, enjoy a challenge, and continually stay abreast of the latest technologies.
If you are seeking a professional who has excellent people and problem solving skills and can easily provide optimum support to your needs, then please consider what I have to offer.
I believe it would be mutually beneficial for us to meet and discuss the goals of your company and how my technical abilities can help you achieve those goals.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Network Technologies / Circuits: Cisco Call Manager, T-1s, DS3, SONETS,
Voice Technologies: Avaya, Siemens Phonemail, PDA, HDMS, HiPath Manager, MeetingPlace, Webex, Cisco Call Manager Administration, Cisco Utility Voicemail, 1mbs, DS3, Frame-Relay, ISDN. DIDs, POTs, GMS-Video
Tools and Applications: Business Objects, Microsoft Office 2007 Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project), Adobe, Norton, Visio, Siebel Ticket , Remedy, Windows proficient, basic Linux
DeWayne Parrish's Experience
Product Support Analyst
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; UNH; Hospital & Health Care industry
November 2011 – Present (2 years 11 months) San Jose,Ca
Answer and respond to all incoming customer support calls, emails, and web portal support tickets within defined SLA
Log and track progress of support tickets/incidents from initiation through resolution using our ticket monitoring system
Proactive system health monitoring using Solarwinds Orion management tool
Maintain the Axolotl Knowledge Base with current product documentation; maintain customer accounts in this portal
Write/Test/Implement procedural documentation for the Customer Support team
Compile and distribute status reports
Act as a Support administrator of the Salesforce ticket system
Identify and escalate priority issues based on department's defined process and procedures
Identify trends and suggest improvements in product and process
Participate in cross-functional team meetings and represent Support throughout the product release planning phases
Participate in special assignments and complete tasks to support Technical Operations, e.g., patch deployments, off-hours systems maintenance .
Provide all first-level technical support with Axolotl customers
Create, Update, and Manage application support tickets through the Axolotl Support process work-flow
Elicit, document, and distribute client feedback on our products and services to interested stakeholders within Axolotl
Provide facilitation and/or leadership for communicating end-user Axolotl training events
Deliver training, documentation and process improvement for the Customer Support team
Provide assistance with testing and quality control
Respond to client requests within specified SLA
Identify opportunities for improvement to our current Support process and procedure
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Financial Services industry
September 2011 – November 2011 (3 months) Newark,CA
The Technical Support Specialist will perform remote support of payment industry partners and clients in a call center environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Software installation, configuration and training on POS functionality
• Troubleshoot POS, software, payment gateway and various other credit card processing applications.
• Troubleshoot payment industry hardware including pin pads, card readers and countertop terminals
• Manage incoming support inquiries via phone, email, and web
• Process all equipment supply orders as requested and insure all orders are deployed accurately and in a timely manner
• Support sales teams by assisting with product decisions and sales call support
• Create documentation to assist in the training of teammates
• Oversee and complete special projects as assigned
• Assist in improving procedures and efficiency
• Work efficiently and professionally with other departments and vendors
• Strive to promote PPI’s products and services while giving unprecedented levels of customer service.
• Maintain a clean working environment.
• Additional duties as assigned
IT Support Engineer-Windows 7 Migration Team
Public Company; 501-1000 employees; CYBS; Financial Services industry
August 2011 – September 2011 (2 months) Mountain View, CA
Instruct and assign staff to provide technical support to designers, marketing and sales departments, suppliers, engineers and other team members throughout the product development and implementation process .
o Assign the testing and verification of hardware and support peripherals to staff to ensure that they meet specifications and requirements
o Oversee the build, testing, and modification of product prototypes using working models or theoretical models constructed with computer simulation
o Assign staff to analyze user needs and recommend appropriate hardware
o Direct technicians, engineering designers or other technical support personnel as needed
o Confer with engineering staff and consult specifications to evaluate interface between hardware and software and operational and performance requirements of overall system
Network Security Escalation Support Engineer
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; NOK; Telecommunications industry
2008 – 2009 (1 year)
Provided Level 3 technical and security support for many of Nokia’s most valuable Fortune 500 corporate clients and delivered exceptional results using a solid grasp of firewalls, gateways, gatekeepers, data networks and VoIP protocols and architecture.
• Met intense daily security engineering challenges, rapidly responded to numerous customer inquiries from the Technical Assistant Center, and quickly resolved escalated cases using creative troubleshooting and innovative technical support engineering.
• Comfortably worked from a remote office, built trust with customers, conducted technical needs assessments, quickly identified security problems, and initiated engineering resolutions.
• Handled many of the most difficult escalated security product line trouble tickets, replicated customer environments internal and external engineering and product support teams to resolve customer issues, created engineering solutions, and developed new product support processes.
• Exceeded goals across all core technical competencies, produced and authored well-researched content for diverse technical resolutions, prepared and filed engineering problem reports, and filed and managed partner problem reports for ES partner solutions.
• Routinely served as a primary technical resource for other Technical Assistance Center Engineers using product support engineering and Help Desk/Technical Support skills.
• Environment: VoIP, Checkpoint Firewall, switches/routers, PBX, Vantive, Remedy, SAP
Contract Technical Program Manager
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; CSCO; Computer Networking industry
2006 – 2008 (2 years)
Crucial internal customer advocate and primary Cisco technical expert on multiple new hardware and software product development, application upgrade, and maintenance releases.
• Represented some of Cisco’s most important external clients in all phases of product development and worked with cross-functional business units to deliver Cisco and related telecom solutions that exceeded each client’s product support and serviceability requirements.
• Fostered teamwork with cross-functional business units and led teams responsible for researching and resolving complex telecom technical issues using product engineering expertise, Cisco technology strengths, and extensive experience supporting advanced VoIP and telecom networks for new and existing customer offices.
• Negotiated customer request initiatives with senior internal corporate executives, drove major strategic changes on diverse projects, and exceeded continuous technical support improvement goals across all areas of product development and release.
• Met critical product deliverable schedules and provided senior managers on-going progress status updates and project reports.
• Manage numerous projects, while working independently and under rigid time constraints.
• Environment: Cisco Call Center Manager Administration, MeetingPlace, WebEx, Bugzilla, Business Objects, Cisco Utility Voicemail, Cisco Switch and Router Hardware, TelePresence
Corporate Escalations Operations
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; ORCL; Information Technology and Services industry
2000 – 2005 (5 years)
Key Technical Support Analyst on a four-member Voice Operations / IT team charged with planning and coordinating maintenance on telecommunication systems serving 12,000 users worldwide.
• Maximized 100% usability of global voice and data telecommunication systems and two time winner of PeopleSoft’s prestigious Outstanding Contributor Award.
• Interacted closely senior department managers, and internal staff to identify telecom, video conference, and desktop maintenance needs, improve maintenance efficiency and timely respond to planned, scheduled, and emergency maintenance and escalated trouble tickets.
• Performed critical impact and root cause analysis on diverse business conferencing maintenance issues; reviewed and analyzed Change Management requests; and prioritized, scheduled, and coordinated modifications, changes, and/or other technical corrective maintenance processes.
• Primary Voice Operations Analyst on numerous daily moves, additions, and telecom changes using Siemens Hicom Hipath 5000 and ProCenter voice technologies.
• Prepared, updated, and maintained well-documented maintenance records and reports.
• Environment: PBX, (Legacy – Avaya, Siemens), Siemens Phonemail, GMS-Video, Cell Phone, HDMS, HiPath Manager, Cisco CallManager and Utility, MeetingPlace, Webex
TELECOMMUNICATIONS ANALYST - Western Region
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
1989 – 1999 (10 years)
Provided 24/7 on-call support for mission critical systems across the Western Region and designed and configured PBX, Voicemail, and other complex voice designs handling millions of calls monthly.
• Led efforts to reduce the region’s telecom operating costs and designed, build-out, and relocated offices to eliminate system duplications during a period of major corporate growth and expansion.
• Supported Sales Group and Call Center routing needs and request infrastructure; ordered 1mbs, T-1, or DS1 phone service for new and existing office locations; and implemented new telecommunications technology to support multiple business units and thousands of employees.
• Directed multiple ACD, PBX redesign, and related telephony projects;
• Performed on-going service level analysis; directed multiple ACD, PBX redesign, and related telephony projects; and worked with vendors on all RFPs, Teleco Design and Cost Analysis.
DeWayne Parrish's Skills & Expertise
- BMC Remedy
- Business Objects
- Microsoft Excel
- Frame Relay
- Cisco Call Manager
- Symantec Antivirus
- Technical Support
- Cisco Technologies
DeWayne Parrish's Certifications
- Nokia Certified Network Security Associate
Siemens 9751 and Phonemail, Hipath 4000 Admin,
- Siemens ICN
Internetworking with TCP/IP, Interconnecting Network Devices-ICND 1, Basic Linux Administration (2008)
- Global Knowledge
Cisco’s CallManager Administration (2005)
- Cisco Systems
DeWayne Parrish's Education
Techskills of California
Certificate, A+ and Network +
2009 – 2011
A.A, Computer Information Systems
1989 – 1991
Activities and Societies: San Jose City College Football
Microsoft Office Suite Certification (2006)
G3 Mobility (2007)
Understanding Networking Fundamentals (2005)
Avaya G3 Definiity
DeWayne Parrish's Additional Information
- Honors and Awards:
Peoplesoft Outstanding Contibributor 2004, 2005
Dean List 1986-1987
Who's Who in America 1984-1985
Contact DeWayne for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- job inquiries