Regional Director West US, Canada- Compuware APM
- Greater San Diego Area
- Information Technology and Services
|Recommendations||21 people have recommended David|
Join LinkedIn and access David's full profile. It's free!
As a LinkedIn member, you'll join 300 million other professionals who are sharing connections, ideas, and opportunities.
- See who you know in common
- Get introduced
- Contact David directly
Consistent top performance driven by accountability, planning, execution and relationships
Highly competitive and driven to develop winning teams
Successful leader of highly skilled software sales professionals
Consistently meets and exceeds revenue and forecast goals.
Continually fostering teamwork, peer leadership as well as development and execution of strategy
Specialties: Financial justification, team building, execution, goal setting
Proud to lead a team of highly successful Enterprise Software Sales Professionals across the Western US and Canada. With my guidance and leadership, my team delivers enterprise software solutions that change the fundamental way corporations transact business via the web, providing the best Application Performance Management solutions available. My goal is to foster competitiveness, teamwork, strategy and execution, resulting in customers becoming partners to my team of sales leaders. Our solutions are critical to every vertical allowing speed of innovation, reduced time to revenue and quantifiable value to the leadership teams we partner with. Utilizing both direct and channel partners we have created the force multiplication model that makes others envious.
Responsible for all sales within Healthcare and Public Sector for Southern CA.
Responsible for all Commercial, Healthcare and Public Sector sales for HI.
#1 in the western US 3 quarters of FY11.
#4 Worldwide FY11
#1 Worldwide Q2, Q3 FY12
#2 Worldwide FY12
• Promoted from Enterprise Account Manager to National Account Manager in 4 months
• Two-time #1 quarterly stack ranking in the Western US out of 120
• #2 ranked in the Northwest for FY08 out of 43
• Selected by Vice President of Sales for Accelerated Management Training in 2008
• 1 of 70 employees globally nominated for Excalibur Management Program 2009
• 2008 Revenue $7.8 Million (130% of goal)
• Award recipient for top tier sales performance and President’s Circle with 140% revenue goal and 150% gross profit attainment in FY05
• Opened 6 new accounts in 2005 (Scripps Healthcare, First American, Experian, Kaiser, Warner Brothers, MGM Mirage and CA Dept. of Transportation)
• Increased revenue in install base by 45% while increasing overall gross profit by 10%
• Sales of enterprise management, security and business intelligence software (VMware, Openview, Tivoli, BEA, Symantec) as well as SAN and network infrastructure (HP, IBM, EMC, Brocade)
• Consultative selling methodology through financial justification, application development services and customer relationship management
• Responsible for increasing sales of Cisco security and wireless hardware and software solutions with a focus on regulatory compliance (Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA, SB 1386) to commercial and enterprise accounts
• Number 1 for sales and new account development 2 years in a row (Sempra, Guidant, UCSD, Gen-Probe, Watson Pharmaceuticals and Novartis)
• Organized Cisco Security User Group in San Diego
• Hired and managed a team of 7 Account Executives in CA and WA.
• Managed the highest producing sales team in the country; Responsible for 27% of corporate revenue for 2000 and 2001
• 45% year over year regional growth
• Helped develop and deliver go to market strategy for penetration in the telecom carrier market utilizing DWDM technology for internet traffic
• Built and developed telecom reseller customer base and marketing strategies
- Team Building
- Solution Selling
- Cloud Computing
- Enterprise Software
- Channel Partners
- Professional Services
- Direct Sales
- Data Center
- Account Management
- Sales Process
- Managed Services
- Sales Management
- New Business Development
- Strategic Partnerships
- Disaster Recovery
- Application Performance...
- Financial Modeling
- Thought Leadership
- Financial Analysis
- Closing Deals
- Deal Closure
- Business Intelligence
- Executive Management
- See 18+ See less
- non-profit volunteer work,
Advice for Contacting David
Search by name
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
People Also Viewed
Helping organizations deliver applications to their clients; Faster, cheaper, and more reliable.
Vice President - North American Sales and Field Operations, Compuware APM
Mgr, Enterprise Accounts, California at Compuware
Director, Regional Sales
SVP - Worldwide Sales - APM Business Unit - Compuware
Sr. Sales Executive at Compuware
Find a different David Brown
Event Director at Emergency Services Show
Redhill, United Kingdom
Greater Atlanta Area
Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Chandler Macleod
District Sales Manager at Grainger
Greater Chicago Area
Little Rock, Arkansas Area