Join LinkedIn and access Daniel's full profile. It's free!
As a LinkedIn member, you'll join 300 million other professionals who are sharing connections, ideas, and opportunities.
- See who you know in common
- Get introduced
- Contact Daniel directly
Experience: See Profile.
Goals: Work in the architecture and Performance Mgmt fields.
Specialties: - Hardware and Software Troubleshooting on Unix.
- Performance Troubleshooting in Unix.
- Veritas Cluster.
- Veritas Storage Foundation.
June 2010 – Present: Staff Member of the Level 3 Unix Engineering Team for a big overseas accounts based in the USA
(IT Best Shore Group) at Hewlett Packard of Argentina.
This Team is the Level 3 Escalation stage for Incidents and problems and responsible for planning,
coordinating and executing all the Service Requests from the Customer. Installed base of the environemt mainly on RedHat Linux, and Solaris 8 and 10, on both SPARC and x86 platforms, also some AIX boxes. While working in this position, besides the normal activities, acted also as Lead of the Enclosure Upgrade Team, responsible for coordinating and executing the Firmware upgrade of the over 270 c7000 HP Blade Enclosures housing over 3000 Servers of different technologies, RedHat, Solaris, and Windows.
- Day to day Systems Administration, maintenance, troubleshooting and patching; Architecture and implementation of solutions; Build of new servers;
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of High End Sun Servers, i.e. Sun Fire 15K, 25K.
- Consulting on Veritas Cluster installations. Troubleshooting and solution of performance issues.
- Introduction and implementation of Live Upgrade as a Standard Practice in the Lexmark Account.
- Installation and Reconfiguration of Servers with VIO on IBM pSeries Systems with AIX.
Accounts worked for in this period: Lexmark, American Express, Manulife.
Also during this period:
• Instructor in Solaris Administration Courses for Junior SAs.
• Instructor in Courses of Veritas Storage Foundation (Veritas Volume Manager and Veritas.
Filesystem) for the members of the AMEX Unix Team.
Field Service and Systems Engineer at CIDICOM S.A. Service Partner of Sun Microsystems
in Argentina. Tasks Performed: - Field support, Diagnose and Troubleshooting of hardware and
software problems on Sun Hardware and Software. Installation and configuration of Operating
System and software on Servers ranging from the Sun Fire E25k to workstations. The installed base
served over this period included 1 Sun Fire E25k, 2 Sun Fire E15k and 12 E10000 platforms. The
tasks performed included hardware and software installation , diagnostic, troubleshooting, and
• Special emphasis in backup software i.e. Veritas Netbackup, and Solstice Backup (Legato
Networker). Installation and configuration of 12 Veritas NetBackup Master Server
configurations with their respective clients and storage nodes. Also special dedication to Veritas
Volume Manager and Veritas Filesystem and Solaris Volume Manager installation,
configuration, tuning and troubleshooting. Service and support of tape libraries and disk arrays.
• Formal and informal teaching of Veritas NetBackup Software to other members of the technical
staff and customers.
Tasks performed: Hardware and Software Service and Support of Data General servers and CLARiiON Disk Arrays. These tasks were realized on the following Operating Systems: DG/UX, and Windows NT operating environments. Performed one AViiON 20000 server hardware and software installation during this period. Performed installation of over 25 CLARiiON Disk Arrays on different hardware platforms
and Operating Systems; among these are included HP Servers, Sun servers, and Data General
August 1993-December 1995:Field Service Engineer at General Electric Medical Systems of
Argentina. Service and support work in medical Centers all over the country. In charge of fifteen
installations of new CT scanners performed across Argentina during this period.
Field Service Engineer with Medicina Electronica S.A., a company
representative of General Electric Medical Systems. Work as a field engineer for Computed
Field Maintenance of Minicomputer Systems. Corporative Customers.
Hardware Laboratory Repair of Terminals and Printers Circuit Boards.
Field Maintenance of Minicomputers. Customers: Municipalidad de Resistencia; Caja Municipal de Prestamos de Resistencia, Instituto de Previsión Social del Chaco
Sun Certified System Administrator for Solaris 2.6– Present
Volunteer Experience & Causes
Opportunities Daniel is looking for:
Causes Daniel cares about:
- Arts and Culture
- Science and Technology
Organizations Daniel supports:
- Data General’s Eclipse MV2000 Computer Systems Service and Troubleshooting. Novadata, Buenos Aires, July 1988
- Data General’s Eclipse MV4000 Computer Systems Service and Troubleshooting. Novadata, Buenos Aires, April 1989.
- Novell Netware 2.20 Systems Administration. BKO Systems , Buenos Aires, July, 1992.
- SYTEC 3000 Scanner Service and Troubleshooting. At General Electric’s Medical Systems Institute, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA; August 1994
IBM Global Services
- Veritas Storage Foundation 4.1 for Unix. Symantec, Argentina, November 2005
- Veritas Cluster Server 4.1 for Unix. Symantec, Argentina, November 2005
- Power VM Virtual I/O Server Configuration II, June 2009, IBM (AIX 6)
- Power VM Virtual I/O Server Configuration., June 2009, IBM (AIX 6)
- Advanced Veritas Storage Foundation 5.0 MP3 for Unix, November 2009, Symantec Argentina
- ZFS Administration – SA-2290-S10, January 2010, Sun Microsystems Argentina.
- Data General’s AViiON 20000 Maintenance and Troubleshooting. December, 1998 at the Data General’s Educational Services Center, in Westboro, Massachussets, USA.
- Administering Windows NT4.0. IT College, Buenos Aires. November, 1999.
- Windows NT Core Technologies. IT College, November, 1999
- Solaris 2.6 System Administration I. Escuela de Informatica. Buenos Aires. March, 2000.
- Solaris 2.6 System Administration II. May. Escuela de Informatica. May, 2000
- Veritas Netbackup, Administration. July, 2000. Sun Microsystems of Argentina. June, 2000.
- Solaris Server Administration. Escuela de Informatica, Buenos Aires. July, 2000.
- Ultra Enterprise 10000 Administration.. Universidad Autónoma de Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico, in November, 2000.
- Daktari Server Installation and Configuration for Field Engineers –Sun Microsystems- IES-212- Official Course. October, 2001. Servers SFV880
- Sun Enterprise Cluster Administration. (V2.2) – October, 2001. IT College. BA. Argentina.
- Sun Enterprise Cluster Administration v 3.0 – ES330 – September 2002- Sun Argentina.
- Sun Fire Field Maintenance and Support – IES-SM30 – November 2002- Sun Argentina - Servers
- Sun Storedge 3000 Family - WZI 3002 – June 2004, CIDICOM
- Sun Storedge 3310 and 3510FC Array Installation, Administration and Support – CIDICOM
EnglishFull professional proficiency
SpanishNative or bilingual proficiency
- Veritas Cluster Server
- Veritas Storage...
- Veritas Volume Manager
- Sun Cluster
- Red Hat Linux
- Solaris Zones
- High Availability
- Shell Scripting
- Unix Shell Scripting
- System Administration
- Storage Area Networks
- VMware ESX
- Linux System...
- IBM AIX
- See 23+ See less
Teaching experience in Geometría Analítica y Proyectiva as Junior Assistant Professor
Teaching experience in Physics IV - (Electricity and Magnetism) as Junior Assistant Professor
- Music History Politics Arts
Advice for Contacting Daniel
Search by name
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
People Also Viewed
Unix Systems Administrator at IBM Global Services
Unix System Administrator at HP
Unix and Linux Infrastructure Specialist/Team Leader
Linux Systems Administrator
Unix System Administrator at IBM Argentina
Team Lead - Unix/Linux System Administrator at HP Enterprise Services
System Administrator at Hewlett-Packard
Unix Admin at Hewlett-Packard
System Administrator at Open English