|Recommendations||2 people have recommended Daniel|
Join LinkedIn & access Daniel's full profile
Experienced writer with an eye for detail, and significant international, ecumenical, and cross-cultural experience. Academic background in Political Science and Middle East History.
My work as a journalist, op-ed columnist, and marketing professional has been featured by dozens of publications and news outlets, including the Jewish Press, Israel's Arutz Sheva, and Ami Magazine.
Self-employed as a copywriter, news reporter, and media consultant. Services rendered include but are not limited to the following:
• Reporting on local events for various publications and news outlets.
• Writing original PR materials for private, corporate, and non-profit clients.
• Drafting copy for a broad spectrum of business purposes, such as official
correspondence, advertisements, product packaging, brochures, websites, etc.
• Promoting stories to local and international media to facilitate wider publication.
• Freelance proofreading and editing.
Served as senior news editor of the Jewish Voice, a weekly publication available throughout the New York City metropolitan area, as well as select locations in New Jersey and Florida. The JV covers current events of interest to the Jewish community, both local and international, with a heavy emphasis on the Middle East, as well as special sections on defense and counter-terrorism news. During my time as editor, the Jewish Voice underwent dramatic improvement, both in stylistic terms, and in the quality of its content. My duties there included but were not limited to:
• Recruiting new employees, volunteers, and news sources.
• Proof-reading and editing copy for publication.
• Filling a wide range of journalistic roles, including: political commentary, analysis of foreign affairs and national security issues, investigative reporting and cultural criticism.
• Serving as a liaison to business leaders, government officials, and community institutions at local events (press conferences, academic symposia, political functions, fundraising galas, etc.) and via phone, e-mail, and written correspondence.
• Managing the Jewish Voice's website, social networking initiatives, and online marketing campaign.
I was employed as a direct care worker for Bais Ezra's Supportive Apartment Program, and later as senior counselor at a group home. While there, I:
• Oversaw two residences with three occupants each, and later a group
residence serving ten individuals, with developmental disabilities and/or
• Facilitated clients’ achievement of life goals and fostered their independence by training and assisting them in day-to-day tasks.
• Supervised direct care staff at group home, delegating assignments and
participating in the counseling and care of residents.
• Trained and maintained certification in crisis intervention and prevention, medication administration, and CPR.
• Operated a 15-passenger van to escort clients and staff to and from medical appointments, errands, and recreational activities.
• Oversaw and participated in the administration of medical treatments and recording of vital signs.
• Ensured that the personal needs of clients (medical, material, social, etc.) were met, both by direct one-on-one interaction, and in a supervisory capacity.
• Provided access control for all personnel and visitors at Avnet Inc. offices by maintaining entry/exit logs, visual inspections, and adjusting proximity card clearance via computer.
• Monitored fire and burglar alarm systems; Surveillance of facilities by CCTV and foot patrol
• Performed general receptionist duties, such as forwarding phone calls, and delivering mail.
• Entered data into computer database for the foundation's education programs.
• Performed other office duties as assigned such as filing, faxing, copying, and typing.
• Helped maintain the university's online image bank.
• Produced original material for the semi-annual university Visitor Guide.
While at the University of Arizona, I was very actively involved with student leadership at the University of Arizona Hillel Foundation. At various times, chaired the orthodox students' association at religious studies groups.
Also, spent numerous semesters abroad, two in Istanbul, Turkey, and one in the south of Hungary.
Activities and Societies: Hillel
Academic exchange on the pilot run of the University of Arizona’s “Arizona in Hungary” program, Sept. – Dec. 2006
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
Teacher at Lamplighters Yeshiva
Director of Strategic Partnerships and Board Relations at Joint Distrubtion Committee
executive director at Chevra
Independent Newspapers Professional
Recent undergrad student, looking for a job in national security, diplomacy, foreign affairs or political analysis
International Affairs Professional
Founder at Graff Communication, Media Image & Crisis Management
General Manager at Bezalel Student Union
Owner, J.G. Translations & Editing
President/CEO, DPV Transportation Worldwide
Greater Boston Area
Strategy - Portfolio Office Manager (PMO)
United Arab Emirates
Managing Director & Head of International at TheRanking.com
Madrid Area, Spain
Propietario, Spanish Delicatessen SL
Barcelona Area, Spain
CEO at Concrete Jungle Clothing
Greater New York City Area