Senior Manager (FDIC)
- Dallas/Fort Worth Area
- Government Administration
Cruz Uriarte's Overview
- Public Affairs Specialist at 201st Public Affairs Operations Center
- President/CEO at CAL Investments & Loans
- Loan Officer, Investor, Realtor at Advantage Mortgage & Buy America R.E. Services
- Intelligence Officer at California Army National Guard
- Account Manager at Guardsmark, Inc.
- University of California, Irvine - The Paul Merage School of Business
- George Mason University
- U.S. Army
Cruz Uriarte's Summary
Professional manager experienced in business development, Federal Resolution and Receivership management, business analysis, and project management.
* Senior Manager at the FDIC, responsible for monitoring and reporting on over 480 bank failure receiverships. Manage three sections encompassing three managers and 34 Resolution and Receivership Specialist (CG 7- CG 15)
* Focus on timely, efficient and effective monitoring of asset disposition, professional liability claim pursuits, expenditures and Risk Share payments.
* Project manager for the procurement of Receivership Oversight Management System platform to be utilized in management and efficient inactivation of receivership estates.
* Experience with auditing commercial business loans, ADC, RLOC, multi-family for potential claim pursuit or criminal proceeding through FDIC-OIG, FBI or other law enforcement agencies.
CAL Investments and Loans
* Direct experience with real estate and mortgage broker business management.
* Operational manager experience overseeing administrative and logistical support to military units deployed in combat environments.
* Business start-up experience in the real estate and mortgage industry specializing in first time buyer consumer segment with utilization of FHA and non-profit housing advocates.
* Banking/Financial Services resolutions management
* Commercial Loan Reviews - Investigations FDIC
* Oversight/Compliance of Receiverships
* Business Process Improvements
* Project Management
Cruz Uriarte's Experience
Corporate Manager, Receivership Oversight
Government Agency; 5001-10,000 employees; Banking industry
April 2009 – Present (5 years 6 months) Dallas, TX
* Senior Manager with departmental focus on monitoring the receivership lifecycle and case preparation for administrative termination of receiverships derived from failed financial institutions.
* Manage advocacy group for receivership estate to ensure maximum return to shareholders and general trade creditors.
* Direct data collection and analysis for monitoring of balance sheet, statement of cash flows, trend summary report on over 480 receivership estates.
* Monitor on-going civil claims cases resulting from Investigative efforts for cost-benefit recoveries on professional liability matters ranging from $1,000,000 to $20,000,000.
* Report on financial projections of cash receipts from assets sales, non-tangible revenue and cash disbursements of FDIC employee costs, contractors, and dividends to Corporation
* Collect data, analyze for trends or outliers to prepare written status report of over 480 receiverships on monthly or quarterly basis.
* Analyze financial statements to determine accuracy, trends, and predictors of receivership revenue and expenditures.
* Oversee annual operating budget of over $4 million, three managers, and staff of 34.
* Implement divisional goals to ensure national policies are met with implications to Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation risk exposure.
Government Agency; 10,001+ employees; Military industry
January 2013 – Present (1 year 9 months) Fort Worth, Texas
* Responsible for the analysis, processing and distribution of strategic and tactical intelligence at the Joint Reserve Intelligence Center, Fort Worth, Texas for use by the Pacific Command.
* Review information derived from all intelligence disciplines to determine changes in enemy capabilities, vulnerabilities, and probable courses of action.
* Work in joint intelligence teams of Navy, Air Force and Army personnel responsible for supervising, coordinating and participating in the analysis, processing and distribution of strategic and tactical intelligence.
* Assess the significance and reliability of incoming information with current intelligence holdings and prepare intelligence summaries or country capability studies.
* Establish and maintain systematic, cross-reference intelligence records and files in SharePoint files for use by DIA, CIA, Combat Commands, and Combat Support Agencies.
* Assist in the analysis and evaluation of intelligence holdings to determine changes in enemy capabilities, vulnerabilities, and probable courses of action.
* Prepare Order of Battle records using information from all sources and in the preparation of strength estimates of enemy units.
* Assemble and proofread intelligence reports and assist in consolidating them into military intelligence.
* Analyze current intelligence holdings to identify gaps, and subsequent intelligence collection requirements.
Public Affairs Specialist
201st Public Affairs Operations Center
February 2012 – 2012 (less than a year) USAR, Bell, CA
The Army public affairs specialist participates in and assists with the supervision and admnistration of Army public affairs programs primarily through news releases, newspaper articles, Web-based material and photographs for use in military and civilian news media.
* Research, prepare and disseminate news releases, articles, web-based material and photographs n Army personnel and activities.
* Gather information for military news programs and publications within the western United States Army Reserve foot print.
* Develop ideas for news articles
* Arrange and conduct interviews
* Write news releases, feature articles and editorials
* Conduct media training
CAL Investments & Loans
April 2006 – March 2009 (3 years)
* Directed the development of marketing strategies and techniques that promotes initiatives to enhance the sale of real estate and loans
* Originated residential, multi-family, and light commercial loans
* Conducted due diligence of small business loan procurement to include business plan, financial statement, projected business revenue
* Adhered to Fannie/Freddie mortgage guidelines on real estate loan origination in conventional and jumbo market
* Researched open-source valuation data for accurate market value of single and multi-family residences
* Complied with RESPA, TILA, ECOA, and HMDA in the operation of loan and real estate business.
* Analyzed regulations to ensure compliance
* Prepared marketing programs for consumer loans in the Hispanic Community for first time buyer programs
* Met monthly production goals in excess of $5,000,0000 monthly
* Originated FHA first time homebuyer programs, Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), and non-profit agency purchase loans
* Conducted business development in a team environment with defined goals, timeline and budget
* Created standard operating procedure to process 'short-sale' real estate sales
* Engaged consumers in loss mitigation efforts via direct consumer marketing.
Loan Officer, Investor, Realtor
Advantage Mortgage & Buy America R.E. Services
January 2000 – August 2006 (6 years 8 months)
* Loan origination development through Realtors, referral partners and marketing campaign.
* FHA Loan origination for 1-4 units in diversified consumer market utilizing non-profit agencies, investors and private sources for down payment assistance.
* Community Reinvestment Act loan origination to qualified consumers using Fannie & Freddie guidelines.
* Supervision of loan process, escrow, appraisal and title companies to support monthly originations of $500,000 to $4 MM.
* Complied with RESPA, TILA, ECOA, and HMDA in mortgage and real estate related transactions.
* Implemented investment business model for distressed properties in compliance with all state and Federal regulations.
* Researched, planned and implemented distressed home seller programs and was primary source of technical applications.
* Managed large scale implementation of home loan modification programsto homeowners in various stages of the non-judicial foreclosure process.
Government Agency; 5001-10,000 employees; Military industry
May 1995 – December 2005 (10 years 8 months)
Member of enhanced infantry and military intelligence unit who participated on monthly and yearly training events
Managed logistical and administrative departments while deployed to Kosovo in support of Operation Enduring Freedom
Developed and implemented policies and procedures over administrative and logistical operations, resulting in standardised reports
Coordinated relationships with other military departments within California, Pennsylvania, and civilian agencies, which helped standardise procedures across all operating groups
Briefed soldiers on intelligence threats while travelling in anti-American sentiment countries
Managed weapons, equipment and budget valued at over $25 million
Senior manager for the administrative and logistical departments in support of 250+ department
Project manager for multi-functional implementation of overseas deployment process
Supervised the merger and acquisition of assets and equipment to include inventory, cost acquisition and control
Privately Held; 10,001+ employees; Security and Investigations industry
July 2002 – November 2004 (2 years 5 months)
Managed private security business accounts at various customer locations: hotels, manufacturing, information technology, to grow exising B2B relationships.
Supervised administrative, operational, business development and planning at diversified business ventures.
Communicated company proposals, plans, and stafffing requirements through presentation or written format to excecutive level decision makers.
Developed and implemented client service program, which expanded small-to-medium client base 35% and prevented excess payroll expenditures
Managed account supervisors in the implementations of standard operating procedures for diversified business models
Directed multi-functional team of asset and personal protection details for special events
Cruz Uriarte's Organizations
- January 2014 to Present
Cruz Uriarte's Languages
Cruz Uriarte's Skills & Expertise
- Project Planning
- Financial Analysis
- Program Management
- Mortgage Lending
- First Time Home Buyers
- Mortgage Industry
- Short Sales
- Compliance Audits
- Construction Loans
- Investment Properties
- Government Loans
- Loan Origination
- Strategic Planning
- Home Equity Lines of Credit
- Criminal Investigations
- Fraud Investigations
- Single Family Homes
- Buyer Representation
- Loan Servicing
- Private Investigations
- Credit Analysis
- Commercial Lending
- Quality Auditing
- Real Property
- Commercial Banking
Cruz Uriarte's Courses
MBA, Business Administration
University of California, Irvine - The Paul Merage School of Business
Corporate Manager, Receivership Oversight
- Branch Manager
- FDIC Investigations
- Contractor Oversight Manager
Cruz Uriarte's Education
MBA, Business Administration
2007 – 2009
George Mason University
Certificate, Internal Audit
2012 – 2013
Commission, Military Science
2001 – 2001
Activities and Societies: 2nd Lieutenant Commission to serve in the Military Intelligence Corp. Fields of Study: Leadership, Operation Orders, Land Navigation, Physical Fitness
BA, Criminal Justice
1988 – 1990
Cruz Uriarte's Additional Information
Contact Cruz for:
View Cruz Uriarte’s full profile to...
- See who you and Cruz Uriarte know in common
- Get introduced to Cruz Uriarte
- Contact Cruz Uriarte directly