Central European University graduate. Open to opportunities in social research and communication
Craita Curteanu's Overview
- Research Assistant at Central European University; Department of Political Science
- Assistant Processing Archivist (Human Rights) at Open Society Archives
- Research and Policy Officer at Center for Research and Consultancy on Culture
- Research Collaborator at Soros Foundation Romania
- Research Collaborator at S.I.C.I.Dominus
Craita Curteanu's Experience
Educational Institution; 201-500 employees; Higher Education industry
April 2013 – May 2013 (2 months) Budapest, Hungary
Project: "Populism among Chief Executives in Central and Eastern Europe" - Comparative research project measuring populism among political leaders in countries from Central and Eastern Europe.
• Selecting relevant presidential speeches in Romanian, identifying indicators of populism, assign a score to each speech, summarize and justify the score decision in written, make a brief presentation and discuss the speeches with the project coordinator.
Assistant Processing Archivist (Human Rights)
Open Society Archives
June 2012 – January 2013 (8 months) Budapest, Hungary
Processing the International Helsinki Federation archival files:
• Sorting files in collection subseries;
• Database administration in Microsoft Access;
• Selecting IHF publications for the OSA Library;
• Final organization of records into a collection that became available for research;
Research and Policy Officer
Center for Research and Consultancy on Culture
October 2008 – September 2011 (3 years) Bucharest, Romania
• Developing research projects in the field of cultural consumption, infrastructure and policy such as "The Cultural Consumption Barometer in Romania" and "The Cultural Vitality of Romanian Cities";
• Working in all stages of the research process: literature review, research design, elaborating questionnaires and interview guides, data analysis using SPSS/ conducting interviews, report writing. Writing and editing research reports for audiences such as cultural NGOs and policy-making organizations.
Nonprofit; 11-50 employees; Nonprofit Organization Management industry
October 2010 – December 2010 (3 months) Bucharest, Romania
Project: "School and Community"
• Conducting interviews, focus groups and questionnaires on the involvement of school in the community’s issues, report writing.
November 2010 – November 2010 (1 month)
Project: "The Public Administrator: a success factor for an effective local management"
Beneficiary: The Ministry of Administration in Romania.
• Conducting interviews with representatives of municipality in Slatina, Romania, writing the report in the form of a case study, presenting the results to the beneficiary.
• Case study published in a final report aimed at supporting the strategy regarding the Public Administrator's role.
Craita Curteanu's Certifications
- British Council Romania
- December 2009
Craita Curteanu's Honors and Awards
Awarded CEU Fellowship for the Master's Program in Sociology and Social Anthropology
Craita Curteanu's Volunteer Experience & Causes
Causes I care about:
- Arts and Culture
- Science and Technology
- Social Services
Craita Curteanu's Courses
MA, Sociology and Social Anthropology
Central European University
- Research Methods
- Cultural Goods
- Cultural Players
- Cultures of Capitalism: Economic Anthropology in Central and Eastern Europe
- Contemporary Social Theory
- Social Memory
Craita Curteanu's Languages
English(Native or bilingual proficiency)
French(Limited working proficiency)
Romanian(Native or bilingual proficiency)
Craita Curteanu's Skills & Expertise
- Qualitative Research
- Survey Design
- Research Design
- Questionnaire Design
- Academic Writing
- Data Collection
- Social Research
- Focus Groups
- Report Writing
- Human Rights
- Literature Reviews
Craita Curteanu's Education
MA, Sociology and Social Anthropology
2011 – 2013
Thesis: "Living the Middle Class Dream: the case of SUV consumption in Romania"
Interests: Cultural Sociology, Sociology of Consumption, Postsocialism, Memory Studies, Qualitative Research Methods, Social Theory
2005 – 2008
Modules: General Sociology, Quantitative and Qualitative Research Methods, Urban Sociology, Urban Anthropology, Organisational Sociology, Market Research.
Craita Curteanu's Additional Information
Contact Craita for:
View Craita Curteanu’s full profile to...
- See who you and Craita Curteanu know in common
- Get introduced to Craita Curteanu
- Contact Craita Curteanu directly