Consumer Research Specialist at Paula Deen Ventures
- Buffalo/Niagara, New York Area
Bruce Kloc's Overview
- Consumer Research Specialist at Paula Deen Ventures
- Field Training Specialist at 7-Eleven
- Customer Marketing Insights Mgr at Wilson Farms Neighborhood Convenience Stores
- Customer Advocacy Manager, Banking Officer at First Niagara Financial Group
- Global Coordinator of “Ahold Networking” (“AN”) at Ahold USA
- Director of Training and Development at Tops Markets, Inc
- Director of Marketing Research at Tops Markets, Inc.
Bruce Kloc's Summary
Marketing research disciplines and food retailing is my core experience. I have also had the opportunity to be involved in training and development.
Bruce Kloc's Experience
Field Training Specialist
Privately Held; 10,001+ employees; Retail industry
2011 – 2013 (2 years)
Conduct ordering process quality improvement training for stores converted from Wilson Farms to 7-Eleven.
Customer Marketing Insights Mgr
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Retail industry
2006 – 2011 (5 years)
Identified customer and employee motivations having the greatest affect on enhancing loyalty to the Wilson Farms brand. Recommend and execute practical action plans.
• Oversaw major consumer market study involving leading US consumer packaged goods companies. Recommendations based on the findings were made to key management.
• Created and managed both an in-house mystery shopper program and a store district manager-conducted store performance evaluation process. Outcomes were development of store-specific action plans to enhance adherence to standards and identification of systemic issues.
• Constructed and championed two employee appreciation programs resulting in identifying and rewarding employees who most effectively generated customer satisfaction and loyalty.
• Coordinated President’s Council group of top-tier employees. Objective was to provide a forum for making suggestions and testing new concepts. Numerous process improvements were made.
• Facilitated a successful two year test of a customer loyalty card program.
• Managed customer service function of handling all communication received at headquarters from customers. Ensured proper resolution and analyzed content to identify trends and opportunities.
Customer Advocacy Manager, Banking Officer
Public Company; 5001-10,000 employees; fnfg; Financial Services industry
2005 – 2006 (1 year)
Developed customer advocacy function. Managed process for measurement of internal and external customer satisfaction. Provided training to all management concerning how to best utilize results.
• Managed relationship with primary research vendors resulting in continuous improvement in quantity and quality at no additional cost.
• Conducted customer focus groups and utilized results to develop a new branding campaign.
• Assumed management of the employee service recognition program, spearheaded immediate improvements and proposed plan for an extensive redesign.
Global Coordinator of “Ahold Networking” (“AN”)
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; AHO; Retail industry
2000 – 2003 (3 years)
Implemented AN “management of best practices” process domestically and internationally across more than ten Ahold companies.
• Initiated “AN” process for Tops Markets, which resulted in company recognition as being the #1 implementer of “best practices” during 2002.
• Co-created worldwide training program with European counterpart which successfully standardized deployment of instruction.
• Designed and executed all elements of worldwide opinion survey administered to 5000 employees. Recommendations were given to senior management for how to enhance the “AN” process.
•Led 15 USA trainers in the implementation of “AN” support roles at their respective companies.
Director of Training and Development
Privately Held; 10,001+ employees; Supermarkets industry
1997 – 2000 (3 years)
Ensured Tops had a strong team of properly trained associates. Supervised recruitment and training of prospects into retail and corporate manager positions. Initiated new training programs for retail associates.
• Oversaw Store Manager Development Program including recruiting and skills evaluation. Recruited potential store managers, with many successfully advancing into management.
• Managed Ahold Masters Management Development Program. Identified talent to fill six non-traditional positions and cultivated performance through effective training.
• Launched Ahold Management Development Program. Results included succession planning and identification of developmental needs.
Director of Marketing Research
Privately Held; 10,001+ employees; Supermarkets industry
1986 – 1997 (11 years)
Designed and managed complete in-house research function. Measured key customer images and motivations related to retail food shopping. Tested new concepts prior to rollout. Provided continuous monitoring of trends and recommendations to senior management.
• Designed and implemented industry-unique, cost-effective plan for conducting, evaluating and reporting annual customer studies for each of more than 200 supermarkets and convenience stores. Improved shopper perceptions and increased sales.
• Created cutting-edge “Tops Marketing Plan” process. Provided each store with knowledge needed to generate marketing plans. Resulted in improved customer service images and sales.
• Developed annual process for evaluating internal customer satisfaction between departments. Managed all department’s development of their plans in response to feedback. Performance measurements improved on subsequent surveys.
• Served as chairperson of national Food Marketing Institute’s Marketing Research Council. Provided Council’s recommendations to FMI’s leadership. Presented results at international conferences.
Bruce Kloc's Skills & Expertise
- Marketing Research
- Process Improvement
- Strategic Planning
- Customer Satisfaction
- Market Planning
- Customer Service
- Competitive Analysis
- Business Strategy
- New Business Development
- Business Planning
- Income Statement
- Inventory Management
- P&L Management
- Program Management
- Cross-functional Team Leadership
- Sales Management
- Sales Operations
- Team Building
- Store Management
- Marketing Strategy
- Inventory Control
- Account Management
- Market Research
Bruce Kloc's Education
Bruce Kloc's Additional Information
Contact Bruce for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Bruce Kloc’s full profile to...
- See who you and Bruce Kloc know in common
- Get introduced to Bruce Kloc
- Contact Bruce Kloc directly