Governors State University, University
Business and Public Administration; Finance Concentration
Sr. Accounting Analyst at Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc.
Join LinkedIn & access Brian's full profile
Business and Public Administration; Finance Concentration
Provide support to the Credit and Collections Manager across a broad area of operational and financial activities.
• Analytical and operational support for WIP Adjustment approval process, invoice and commission reporting processes (including creating/distributing reporting packets to Market, Business and Finance leadership)
• Monthly review of line of business results vs. prior year, identifying trends, monitoring performance against metrics and such
• Work with CDAs, FP&A, and collection managers, providing detailed information regarding client issues, Aged WIP, Aged Credit balances and Clients at risk of default
• Collate and track all adjustment approvals received from each line of business and corporate to ensure compliance with existing approval matrix
• Assist CDA's when needed with the invoice process
• Assistance with Americas and Global Finance and projects
• Ad-hoc query requests, UAT , Events Management, ADP journal entry review
Client Data Administrator (CDA) 2011-2014
• Ensure that issues identified in the month-end closing process are documented, tracked and resolved by working with leadership to bill and collect full value of work performed
• Verify project data fields are entered accurately during project set-up, including project start and end dates, work budgets, client fees and agreement information
• Oversee team of 15 associates in the preparation of client invoices including training and follow-up
• Liaison with Business Managers and Consultants in setting up and maintaining time-based client, account, program and project codes
• Train employees on Mercer Financial Systems by utilizing PowerPoint presentation to conduct training via live demonstrations in person or NetMeeting
• Participate in monthly user and break/fix testing of new initiatives and system issues, especially with regard to enhancements to internal accounting software and reporting.
• Served as the Jr Accounting Analyst in addition to the CDA role.
Business development manager with average sale of $400k
• Sole associate assigned to the $32MM Healthcare Portfolio
• Portfolio manager for all accounts with a residual risk of $10k+
• Supervisor and trainer of 7 associates and responsible for interviewing and training of new hires
• Facilitate the sale or renewal of assets on contracts during the End of Lease (EOL) period through negotiation tactics and creative alternatives to lease termination
• Responsible for all aspects of End of Lease cycle including, sales, refinancing, determining Fair Market Value, and remarketing returned equipment.
• Provide lease end resolution for a large portfolio of residual based leases while maximizing residual realization and increasing EOL retention
• First point of contact for all escalation calls from EOL Portfolio Managers
• Update and maintain the End of Lease policies and website, procedures manual, and various reports
• Collaborate with management to design and implement business process improvements
• Assist EOL Director and Team Managers on additional ad hoc projects
• 4th Quarter 2009 President's Circle of Excellence Award which is given to the top performing associate from each department.
• Designed and implemented CORT used by all associates to consolidate lease information and automatically populate data and calculate financial figures
• Developed weekly report from Asset Optimization System (AOS) to better manage EOL workflow
• Maintain the Disposition Report for the EOL department to ensure funds are posted in a timely manner
• Assisted management with developing the Dealer Notification process to assist the front end with negotiations and build stronger vendor relationships
• Assisted management with portfolio conversions through buyouts of competitors
• Asset Optimization System SME (Subject Matter Expert)
• Develop and implement more efficient billing processes to maximize $30+ M of monthly invoicing
• Provide process improvements to reduce invoices held due to incomplete information
• Successfully integrate Patient Intake, Processing, and Billing teams to increase data quality and effectiveness to ensure the Billing team is provided with complete and accurate files to process
• Record and document approved internal billing procedures
2006 - Sr. Account Recovery Coordinator – Supervisor & Trainer, Collections and Reporting
• Supervisor and trainer of 3 associates while maintaining all responsibilities of position below
2005 - Account Recovery Coordinator – Collections and Reporting
• Manage portfolio of nearly $2M consisting of 30+ accounts
• Work closely with the Director of Billing & Receivables to strategize more effective collection efforts
• Invoice, collect, and reconcile monthly revenue of $3+ M
• Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with clients and branches
• Receive, review and approve complete and accurate branch initiated work orders and changes in a timely manner per guidelines set forth by management.
• Ensure assignment data meets client's contract requirements
• Follow-up with client to ensure contract compliance
• Identify billing issues and coordinate efforts with the Client Services group to improve billing accuracy and timeliness
• Generate billing for national accounts
• Reconcile extraordinary billing items to PeopleSoft invoices and aging
• Prepare invoice correction forms to have invoices corrected to conform to client's request.
• Update documentation to adhere to Sarbanes-Oxley 404 controls
• Prepare various reports for management and CFO
• Partnered with the IT group to develop and structure the PO Tracking System to ensure all consultants are billed against the correct PO's to ensure proper billing leading to prompt payment
• Designed and implemented the Cash Applications spreadsheet used by all AR departments to assist the Cash Applications department to post payments more efficiently and reduce errors
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
Global Sourcing Manager - Marsh & McLennan Companies
Global Director, IT Sourcing at Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc.
Sr Hyperion Planning Administrator at HSBC Private Bank
Hyperion Systems Administrator at Rustoleum
Oracle Hyperion Essbase Administrator at GENPACT LLC
Consultant at Accenture
Hyperion Administrator/Analyst at ADP Dealer Services
Sr Hyperion Admin at HSBC Private Bank