Sales & Marketing IT Business Solutions and PMO at Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co.,Inc.
- New York, New York (Greater New York City Area)
Ben Peoples's Overview
- Sales & Marketing IT Business Solutions and PMO at Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co.,Inc.
- Kean University
- Compuer Processing Institute
Ben Peoples' Experience
Sales & Marketing IT Business Solutions and PMO
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; Pharmaceuticals industry
February 2010 – Present (4 years 8 months)
Director, US Commercial Operations (SFA)
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; SNY; Pharmaceuticals industry
2002 – 2004 (2 years)
Responsibilities included directing the definition and ongoing support of business systems requirements, evaluating and recommending appropriate and cost effective use of technology to satisfy business needs which included the operational support of mission-critical production systems that supported the Sales, Marketing and Managed Care business units. Managed systems in support of the development of common worldwide market definitions and standardized financial and marketing metrics. Measured key products performances and enabled cross country benchmarking for the top 10 countries which included: Brazil, Canada, Germany, and France, Japan, UK, US, Mexico, Italy, and Spain.
• Aligned with the Vice President of Commercial Operations and was utilized as the key contact point within IS.
• Prepared the organization for the support of the Matrix Program which was a $100M+ project (Siebel Implementation) being co-developed between the US and Germany. The goal of Matrix was to create efficiencies within sales and marketing, maximize customer relationships, and achieve cost savings through more streamlined processes and technology.
• Provided support to a sales force of 5,000+ field associates.
• Built, developed and managed a professional IS Organization supporting the business clients.
• Developed and maintained efficient, consistent and appropriate communications throughout the IS organization and all affected clients.
• Partnered with business teams to provide the technical subject matter expertise and ongoing support of IS services, in order to ensure the alignment with all affected business clients.
DIRECTOR, CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT (CRM)
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; NYT; Newspapers industry
1998 – 2002 (4 years)
Directed and managed all development activities for web-based applications in support of Circulation Marketing, with a major focus on Customer Relationship Management. Implemented SIEBEL eMarketing and Call Center Applications, as well as developed a customer profile data warehouse, which was used for segmentation and data mining; managed a $32 million dollar budget. Providing development and support activities to the Home Delivery Website environment (www.nytimes.com), which allowed customers to subscribe to the newspaper and manage their accounts via the Internet, and managed a staff of 6 full time Senior Managers and an additional 16 contractors.
• Managed the CRM implementation across several operating companies, which included, The New York Times Newspaper, The Boston Globe, and New York Times Digital. This involved working with the corporate CIO to sell the features and benefits of CRM across operating companies
• Involved with change management processes which included analyzing business processes, communicating the change processes by teaming with HR, and helping define the implementation and new roles system will create.
• Worked with the various business units to analyze processes, performing research and proposing IT solutions to solve business issues.
• Insured that all technical solutions are in alignment with the organizations IT infrastructure.
• Created and managed the project budget which involved working with vendors to determine resource requirements including hardware, software, and integration services.
• Selected vendors to develop a marketing operational strategy, which spanned across all marketing divisions and provide the framework for the CRM business requirements.
• Presented monthly updates to senior management, which included the CIO and Sr. Vice President of Marketing.
DIRECTOR, SALES/ MARKETING AND CORPORATE SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT (SFA)
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; JNJ; Hospital & Health Care industry
1985 – 1998 (13 years)
Held a number of positions which included Programmer Analyst, Senior Programmer Analyst, Manager Sales and Marketing, and Director, Sales/Marketing Corporate Systems Development
Developed computer applications with a primary focus on Decision Support, Sales Automation and Web Development, and supported Sales, Marketing, New Business development, and International Marketing divisions. This involved planning, leading and development of all project management activities and managing the gathering, analysis and writing of technical specifications. Oversaw the development of technical applications, and lead and participated in project status meetings. Responsibilities included managing a staff of 23 associates which included Programmer Analyst, Project Managers, and an additional 20 independent contracted resources. Successful projects:
• Managed and designed The Market Intelligence, data warehouse system, which was a $5 million-dollar project that was developed for several Johnson and Johnson companies across the U.S. and abroad. The system provided Sales, Marketing and National Accounts with information and predictions that described the current and future healthcare market in order to achieve the strategic objectives of the companies. The system tracked information about healthcare networks and systems, and detailed information about hospitals and surgery center facilities and their personnel. Detailed information for over 300 networks, 600 multi-hospital systems, 7000 hospitals, and 2000 surgery centers is available through the system.
• Lead the design, development and implementation of the Ethicon Web Site. The web site provided accurate and easy to understand facts and figures on wound management, women’s health, and sports medicine. Also provided the history of the company, facility locations, career opportunities, financial information, and the latest information on product, procedures, and professional education.
Ben Peoples' Skills & Expertise
- Project Management
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Change Management
- New Business Development
- Strategic Planning
- Project Planning
- Cross-functional Team Leadership
- Marketing Strategy
- Competitive Analysis
- Market Analysis
- Product Management
Ben Peoples' Education
BS, Computer Science
1979 – 1985
Compuer Processing Institute
Computer Operations & Admin, Computer Operations
Ben Peoples' Additional Information
Contact Ben for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch