Allison Van Consulting Services
Senior Program Associate at the Wallace Center, Winrock International
Join LinkedIn & access Allison's full profile
• Outcome-focused and collaborative, promoting high expectations internally and with partners
• Both logical and creative, analyzes complex systems and implements elegant solutions
• Relationship builder who has identified and developed strong, value-creating partnerships
Owner of a boutique consulting firm specializing in helping organizational leaders assess their impact and engage in the difficult work of changing organizational culture. We also support the development of cross-organizational collaborations, and conduct program evaluations.
• Co-manager of The Pasture Project, dedicated to restoring the health of the Mississippi River by re-establishing pastures, with environmentally-restorative livestock grazing.
• Lead outreach and messaging about the environmental and economic benefits of managed grazing
• Manage project fundraising and budgeting
• Develop and strengthen regional partnerships, including building a learning network and instituting rigorous evaluation and continuous learning
• Build partnerships with relevant businesses, non-profits and government agencies
• System reform consultant to human service agencies, working closely with Commissioners, staff and stakeholders in half a dozen states
• Skilled at designing and conducting organizational assessments, helping clients understand their needs, and generating excitement about reform
• Planned and facilitated dozens of tense strategy meetings, work planning sessions and trainings. Developed tools and trained coworkers on holding difficult conversations, while modeling the skill with clients
• Developed methods and conducted sophisticated data analyses, integrating quantitative and qualitative methods
• Convinced juvenile court to re-allocate $2.4 million annually while reducing incarceration by up to 100 youth/year
• Serving as a consultant for independent projects
• Lead author of a retrospective on NRFC and the unfinished agenda for rural economic development.
• Author of a policy analysis on farmworker justice
Assistant to Ray Goldberg. Helped students develop analyses of agribusiness case studies.
Provided development support, developing performance metrics and a logic model, and co-writing grants for several million dollars
• Ran policy program of U.S. rural economic development partnership
• Engaged deeply with practitioners across the U.S., regularly visiting their projects, serving as an advisor on political engagement strategies, organizational development, and network building
• Built a strong practitioner network responsible for significant cross-site learning
• Balanced highly divergent interests through strong relationships - developing and nurturing collaborations among funders, practitioners, academics and politicians
• Public face of program – making the case for sustainable, community-focused economic development to a wide array of audiences
• Helped develop performance metrics for multi-facetted influence strategies, helping practitioners clarify desired results and shape programs accordingly
• Worked on complex mathematical model that assigned liability for the endangered status of Pacific Northwest salmon
• Developed independent project characterizing impact of invasive species; wrote a chapter in Invasive Species of the Northwest
• Wrote materials used at Earth Day events across the U.S., and co-wrote curricula on climate change and water, requested by 70% of all U.S. K-12 teachers
• Professional .75 time job while in school full time
Helped run small social-enterprise; did field research throughout Madagascar analyzing the supply chain and identifying six methods of adding 30% more value to products and increasing profits for farmers over 60%
Co-developed sustainable development fund, researching and writing business plan
Researched and wrote a market analysis of a Cambodian eco-tourism project
Created a community garden for migrant farmworkers and other community members to grow their own produce, organized forums for youth to speak to the community about their experiences and wishes, implemented downtown beautification strategy
Honors: magna cum laude, Harry S. Truman Scholar (2002), Morris K. Udall Scholar (2002), National Network for Environmental Management Studies Fellow (2001), S. Sterling Munro Scholar (2001); Mary Gates Scholar (2001).
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
Program Associate, Wallace Center at Winrock International
Program Associate at Wallace Center & Director at Glover Park-Burleith Farmers Market
AmeriCorps Partnerships Manager at FoodCorps
Sr. Program Officer at Winrock International
Director, Wallace Center at Winrock International
Senior Gift Planning Officer at California Pacific Medical Center Foundation
Director of Programs at Gaia Fund
Sales Associate at Burlington Stores, Inc.
Product Marketing Manager, Brand & Advertising, Google Fiber at Google
San Francisco Bay Area
Senior Manager, Global Associate Communications at Walmart
Fayetteville, Arkansas Area
Allison Van Wig - Home sales in Long Beach and Lakewood
Greater Los Angeles Area
Consultant at Bennett Allen & Associates
Charlotte, North Carolina Area
Greater St. Louis Area