Project Manager at iris worldwide
- London, United Kingdom
Alexandra Sims's Overview
- Content Producer at iris worldwide
- Marketing and Events Project Manager at Traks Pro Vertical Specialists
- Project Supervisor at Rotana Media Group
- Business Analyst, Transformation/HR Reporting & Analysis at ANZ Bank
- Project Administrator at John Holland, Basswater Desalination Project
- Project Coordinator at Thrigby Hall Wildlife Gardens/AmazonaZoo
- Account Executive at Graf World Colour
- Retail Assistant / Assistant Buyer at Walkers of Pottergate
- Great Yarmouth College
- Chelsea College of Art
- Camberwell College of Art
Alexandra Sims' Experience
Privately Held; 501-1000 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
July 2012 – Present (2 years 3 months) 185 Park Street, London
Iris Worldwide, London, SE1 9DY July 2012 – Present
• A contract role ending in January in which I have managed content production for a £350K website rebuild project (700+ pages).
• Interpreted wireframes and designs to establish content to be re-used, re-purposed and generated.
• Created a comprehensive content matrix documenting the transition of content/assets from the existing website to Umbraco CMS.
• Collaborated with internal and external stakeholders in the approvals process.
• Collaborated with development team to hone CMS functionality.
• Resource Management: Led a team of four Content Editors to populate the CMS.
• Briefed in copy writers and art-workers to generate and repurpose content as required.
• Developed time estimates for projects and change requests.
• Generated a comprehensive user manual; delivered training to internal and external stakeholders.
Marketing and Events Project Manager
Traks Pro Vertical Specialists
September 2011 – December 2011 (4 months) Dubai, United Arab Emirates
• Established and maintained Traks online presence in the UAE vertical sports community increasing company visibility.
• Defined opportunities for engagement and scope of community projects.
• Planned and managed events to increase company presence in a growing market.
• Designed and oversaw supporting procedures, processes and documentation.
• Content production for vertical sports ecommerce website.
Partnership; 501-1000 employees; Entertainment industry
June 2010 – August 2011 (1 year 3 months) Dubai, United Arab Emirates
• Identified Operations process development opportunities.
• Refined and updated financial reporting processes.
• Restructured existing traffic management processes to increase efficiency.
• Generated HR process maps, increased sign off transparency and championed increases in efficiency.
• Identified scope for learning and development, generated L&D material, and conducted training.
• Applied Lean Six Sigma techniques, including process documentation, mapping and implementation.
• Administrational Support: Correspondence/enquiry management, on-boarding, presentations, editing, minutes, dictation, and proof reading.
Business Analyst, Transformation/HR Reporting & Analysis
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; ANZ; Investment Banking industry
January 2009 – April 2010 (1 year 4 months) Melbourne, Australia
• Lean Six Sigma techniques, including process documentation, mapping and implementation.
• Liaised with divisional HR to document existing business structures and processes.
• Defined operations process maps; led internal stakeholders in streamlining processes to improve internal communications.
• Collaborated with ANZ divisions to effect cleansing of highly confidential data in preparation for migration to the new global remuneration tool (Rem Online).
• Collated, analysed, and maintained highly confidential data.
• Supported users of Rem Online throughout the remunerations process, offering guidance on interpretation of policy and process, and project specific software.
John Holland, Basswater Desalination Project
November 2008 – January 2009 (3 months) Melbourne, Australia
• Content production and ‘go-live’ of BassWater Intranet.
• Ownership of bid specific software used to track and control secure documents.
• Ownership of Security Database with over 500 entries.
• Facilities Management including maintenance of over 20 printers and associated resources.
• Ad hoc administration: Reception, staff and resource scheduling, training diaries.
• Management of office environment catering to 250 employees.
Thrigby Hall Wildlife Gardens/AmazonaZoo
March 2008 – October 2008 (8 months) Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, United Kingdom
* Designed and managed the production of the AmazonaZoo website.
* Resource planning and time management.
* Brand development – from the research and wireframe development to the final designs.
* Briefed in suppliers, art workers, developers and copywriters.
* Content Production: Art working, copy writing, asset management.
* Company management: admissions, customer services, staff and financial control.
Graf World Colour
March 2006 – March 2008 (2 years 1 month) Hatfield, United Kingdom
* Managed print campaigns from tender to dispatch within extremely tight deadlines.
* Cultivated productive relationships with valuable blue chip clients - to include French Connection, Clarks, Gap, and Tie Rack.
* Redefined production and dispatch methods to increase cost and time efficiency.
* Supervised quality control and tracking; I maintained accurate records of products and their movements.
* Developed creative promotional projects – one of which led the Harlequin group to win the “Innovative Printer of the Year Award 2008”.
* Managed all associated administration, from tender to invoicing, hotlines, and tracking reports.
Retail Assistant / Assistant Buyer
Walkers of Pottergate
July 2003 – February 2005 (1 year 8 months)
* Research seasonal marketing strategies/requirements and report to management.
* Develop promotional material and business development strategies.
* Assist management with seasonal forecasting, buying, and retrospective collection analysis.
* Manage/maintain working environment and client database.
Alexandra Sims' Skills & Expertise
- Creative Direction
- Marketing Strategy
- Social Media
- New Media
- Digital Marketing
- Project Management
- Digital Media
Alexandra Sims' Education
Great Yarmouth College
HND, Fashion and Textiles
2004 – 2006
Chelsea College of Art
Fine Art, Bachelor (BSc/BA), Fine/Studio Arts, General
1999 – 2003
Camberwell College of Art
Foundation, Fine Art
1998 – 1999
Alexandra Sims' Additional Information
Contact Alexandra for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch