Vanessa Horn, MBA
Business Coach, Speaker & Trainer at VanessaHorn.com
- Burlington, North Carolina (Greensboro/Winston-Salem, North Carolina Area)
- Professional Training & Coaching
Vanessa Horn, MBA's Overview
- Speaker, Author & Business Coach at VanessaHorn.com
- Network Marketing Consultant & Speaker at NetworkingSavvy.com
Vanessa Horn, MBA's Summary
Vanessa Horn is the CEO of Vanessa Horn International, a global business and personal development company, and is a sought after speaker, coach, and the author of the book “I’ll Have What She’s Having!”®
She has successfully built and sold several businesses and her training and coaching has been used by more than 7,000 mission-driven entrepreneurs to rise to the top of their industries without burning out or selling out. Her “Profit with Honor” Prospecting System is a proven system to attract an endless stream of prospects and effectively close without having to be salesy or pushy.
Vanessa has been featured as a expert guest on several FOX, NBC, CBS, and ABC news and morning shows across the country.
Vanessa holds an MBA in entrepreneurship. She and her husband of 15 years, and their three young sons live in North Carolina.
To learn more about Vanessa’s training and coaching programs to create a life and business you love, go to http://www.vanessahorn.com
Specialties: Speaking, Training, Entrepreneurship, Leadership Development, Team Building, and Direct Sales Industry
Vanessa Horn, MBA's Experience
Speaker, Author & Business Coach
October 2010 – Present (4 years 1 month) Burlington, NC
Do you long to have deep, inner confidence and freedom to express your True Self?
Do you long for clarity about what path to pursue that will allow you to create a life where you feel fully alive and purpose filled?
Are you the type of person who wants it all--you want success, but without striving, without sacrificing relationships or your health, and without missing the present moment on your way to making a lasting impact in the world?
If that is you, I'm here to partner and help serve you in determining exactly what you need to DO, but most importantly who you ARE at your best to achieve total life success.
Everything I do is centered on Holistic Success Principles that honor and integrate your whole life + your whole person for complete and lasting fulfillment.
Seminars, Coaching, and books in service of you and the greatness waiting to burst forth in you.
For more information visit vanessahorn.com
Network Marketing Consultant & Speaker
2005 – Present (9 years)
Are you an existing or recovering Network Marketer or Direct Sales leader who loves the idea of time freedom & leveraged, residual income but want to know how to achieve it without burnout, disillusionment or lost relationships?
The skills you will learn at Networking Savvy are unlike anything else taught in the industry. Most importantly, they are proven to bring the kind of success you want--fulfilling, from a truly authentic place, and built smart.
If you are an influencer and a high-integrity individual committed to doing things the right way for the right reasons and you know you are called to be successful because you have a lot of lives to serve... you have finally found what you are looking for.
Regional Vice President
Partnership; 5001-10,000 employees; Food & Beverages industry
2010 – 2013 (3 years)
Regional Vice President and Independent Distributor for coffee, weightloss, and nutrition products.
Build an organization in excess of 2,500 independent business owners within annual sales in excess of $750,000.
Achieved recognition as #2 highest sales performance in the organization (out of over 35,000 distributors).
Company trainer and speaker for corporate events.
National Vice President, Independent Consultant
Privately Held; 501-1000 employees; Consumer Goods industry
2005 – 2011 (6 years)
National Vice-President and Independent Distributor for skincare and health and wellness products.
Within twenty months reached the highest rank with a team of 8,000+ independent distributors across the US, Canada and Australia with annual team sales over $2.4 million.
Trained dozens of new business owners worldwide to generate 5 and 6-figure incomes and hundreds to generate 4-figure incomes.
Annual Sales in excess of $1.8M achieved with 18 months of starting business.
Top performer within the organization (top .02% of total distributors within the organization).
Entrepreneur and Franchise Owner
Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Health, Wellness and Fitness industry
2003 – 2007 (4 years)
* Opened new territory for Curves International, a women's fitness facility, in North Carolina.
* Recognized as the fastest growing Curves franchise in the United States.
* Specialized in training for health, fitness, weightloss and nutrition.
* Responsible for promoting and marketing the facility and growing membership.
* Promoted community development and advancement through cooperative programs and fundraising.
* Hired and trained staff.
International Financial Analyst
Public Company; 5001-10,000 employees; ZZ; Furniture industry
2002 – 2006 (4 years)
* Analyzed domestic and international market opportunities for increased sales through existing and new sales channels, including evaluating return on investment, profitability, and strategy.
* Evaluated new customer opportunities and consulted on customer financial viability, market impacts to existing customers, and strategic imperatives of account performance.
* Interpreted customer financial metrics and incremental sales opportunity statements and reviewed product pricing to maximize merchandising mix, product placement, and expense reduction.
* Liaison with Sales, Finance, General Accounting, and Corporate Credit, to define processes for improved coordination, reporting and account management.
* Reviewed customer agreements to limit vendor exposure and drive consistency. Followed-up to ensure proper financial recording of agreement obligations.
* Coordinated sales expense budgeting process and completed sales manager annual goals for profitability and bonus targets.
Manager, Business Development
2000 – 2002 (2 years)
Manager, Business Development
* Worked with executive management and equity sponsor group to develop merger, acquisition, and contribution growth strategy and to identify target partners.
* Analyzed potential targets by developing financial models, completing business assessments and proposing financial alternatives.
* Identified alternative sales distribution channels and completed program development, sales training, and implementation.
* Managed the integration of services offered through partners including product definition, process structure, and marketing strategy. Assisted in the transition of assets from partners.
Product Marketing Manager
* Researched market and customer trends and analyzed competitor actions. Defined and implemented a detailed product marketing strategy including product line and pricing, market positioning, business rules for legal agreements, and sales marketing collateral.
* Provided direction to product marketing and sales support teams, identified customer requirements, negotiated customer contracts, and resolved problems for potential and existing customers. Developed sales order documents and processes and compensation plan.
* Recognized as a company public relations spokesperson by facilitating industry tradeshow discussions and authoring trade journal articles.
Product Development Manager
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; WMB; Telecommunications industry
1999 – 2000 (1 year)
* Completed business cases to analyze profitability of potential business and product opportunities including pricing, sales forecasts, cost analysis, profit potential and financial analysis. Regularly presented new business initiatives to executive management.
* Determined strategy for emerging products by conducting analysis on market demands, competition, customer needs, and technology. Defined sales and marketing communications based on the company’s market strategy and particular product line strategy.
* Supervised and trained product specialists through the Product Development Process. Provided leadership to the project lead team responsible for Network, User Groups, and IT as well as project managed team members from all facets of the organization both at an individual and cross-functional team level to define product and drive development through the organization.
Global Management Program: Finance, Business Development, Marketing
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; CVX; Oil & Energy industry
1998 – 1999 (1 year)
* Selected to be part of an exclusive Texaco management trainee program with rotational experience in the areas of Finance, Business Development, and Marketing.
* Completed tactical and strategic plans as well as financial projections including Weekly, Monthly, and Mid-term forecasts. Prepared Risk Management Reports and Capital Budgets and developed commentary on variances between budget and actual performance.
* Monitored product pricing trends and completed monthly and long-term price projections.
* Prepared monthly Board of Director’s Report and created presentations for senior management to present to company employees.
* Analyzed customer financial statements and recommended credit allocation and maintained accounts receivable on a 98% current basis through direct customer account management.
Vanessa Horn, MBA's Skills & Expertise
- Public Speaking
- Team Building
- Leadership Development
- Strategic Planning
- Process Improvement
- Marketing Strategy
- Customer Service
- Social Media
- New Business Development
- Small Business
- Public Relations
- Account Management
- Business Development
- Program Management
- Direct Sales
- Product Marketing
- Sales Operations
- Cross-functional Team Leadership
- Product Development
- Social Media Marketing
- Time Management
- Sales Management
- Marketing Communications
- Team Leadership
- Online Marketing
- Social Networking
- Event Management
- Management Consulting
- Organizational Development
- Creative Strategy
- Network Marketing
Vanessa Horn, MBA's Education
MBA, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, International Business
1996 – 1998
Summa Cum Laude
Activities and Societies: Alumni Board Leadership Member
BA, Organizational/Interpersonal Communications
1992 – 1996
Summa Cum Laude
Top Graduate: Communications
Activities and Societies: Oklahoma Leadership Enrichment Scholar, Board of Regents Scholarship, Dean’s List, Who’s Who Among American College Students, VIP Student Leadership Program, Officer, Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), Member, American Marketing Organization (AMA), Officer, Alumni Board
Vanessa Horn, MBA's Additional Information
Contact Vanessa for:
View Vanessa Horn, MBA’s full profile to...
- See who you and Vanessa Horn, MBA know in common
- Get introduced to Vanessa Horn, MBA
- Contact Vanessa Horn, MBA directly