Principal Software Engineer at Zynga
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Computer Software
Touch Ungboriboonpisal's Overview
- Principal Software Engineer at Zynga
- University of Southern California
- Chulalongkorn Mahawitthayalai
Touch Ungboriboonpisal's Summary
A seasoned software engineer, who is passionate for well-designed, efficient, and highly maintainable code, with strong background in Computer Science and proven records in designing and developing internet-scale, consumer and enterprise software.
Touch Ungboriboonpisal's Experience
Principal Software Engineer
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; Computer Games industry
January 2011 – Present (3 years 9 months) San Francisco Bay Area
Build robust, highly scalable server and client side systems (full-stack) for massive multiplayer games, a mobile gaming platform, and high-volume production applications.
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Internet industry
September 2006 – January 2011 (4 years 5 months) San Francisco Bay Area
* Designed, developed, and maintained various award-winning web applications with scalability, high maintainability, and standard compliance in mind. Worked primarily with .NET technologies.
* Designed and developed a highly reusable and extensible web content management / application frameworks and APIs for ASP/ASP.NET for use with web applications.
* Developed and maintained a build system for automated development integration, tests, and deployment.
* Provided technical guidance and code reviews to the development team.
* Participated in the design and architecture of new projects and researched for new technologies and development best practices and communicated to the developent team.
Information Services Analyst
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; XOM; Oil & Energy industry
April 2002 – July 2004 (2 years 4 months) thailand
* Evaluated, migrated, and developed applications, systems, and technical support from high-cost affiliates around the globe to the newly established Bangkok Business Support Center (BBSC).
* Led the technical team to standardize and migrate several mainframe applications including technical support from Malaysia, Singapore, and Japan to BBSC.
* Led the team of developers to design and implement a distributed, secure document management system to facilitate invoice processing for Australia/Thailand Procurement users.
* Enhanced, maintained, and supported 10+ business-critical in-house applications, scaled from standalone/single-site to multi-user/multi-region systems.
Touch Ungboriboonpisal's Volunteer Experience & Causes
Causes I care about:
- Science and Technology
Touch Ungboriboonpisal's Projects
- January 2011 to August 2011
Developed a number of revenue-generating, high impact features on time with high quality for one of the top Facebook games with millions of users per day.
- September 2011 to April 2013
Helped, as part of an early team, build the game, which later became one of the top social games with several millions of daily active users.
* Architected, developed, and maintained a highly reusable and extensible Quest system with several loosely-coupled submodules, which provided a generic progress tracking mechanism, game actions dispatch and match, UI components, among others, and was one of the core and widely reused systems of the game.
* Developed several core game loops, including recipes cooking, ingredients crafting, appliances, tooltips, power ups, among others, involving both client and server.
* Improved the content integration process by heavily refactoring the existing Ruby import scripts with a more extensible and modular architecture and making it a lot simpler to support new content types.
* Led a small pod to deliver on various user-facing, revenue-generating features on time with high quality.
* Reviewed specifications, software architecture, code, and release processes, as well as, assisted and mentored others, as one of the technical leads.
Zynga Network and With Friends Tech
Team Members: Touch Ungboriboonpisal
- April 2013 to Present
* Maintain API back-end systems, one of the world’s largest Rails deployments (DAU-wise), used by all With Friends games, including Words With Friends, with very high test code coverage, zero QA, and several deploys per day.
* Architect and implement Zynga account RESTful service, to be used by game teams across the company.
* Architected and implemented a reusable and extensible iOS framework to facilitate game teams integration with Zynga social channels on mobile.
Touch Ungboriboonpisal's Skills & Expertise
- Object Oriented Design and Programming
- Design Patterns
- Web Development
- Game Development
- Test Driven Development
- iOS development
- Object Oriented Design
- Web Applications
Touch Ungboriboonpisal's Education
University of Southern California
Master of Science, Computer Science (Computer Networks)
2004 – 2005
Bachelor of Engineering, Computer Engineering
1998 – 2002
Graduated with Honors
View Touch Ungboriboonpisal’s full profile to...
- See who you and Touch Ungboriboonpisal know in common
- Get introduced to Touch Ungboriboonpisal
- Contact Touch Ungboriboonpisal directly