RGP (Resources Global Professionals)
Senior Strategic Sourcing/Procurement Consultant
Strategic Sourcing/Procurement Professional and Leader
|Recommendations||31 people have recommended Tony|
Join LinkedIn & access Tony's full profile
Senior Strategic Sourcing/Procurement Consultant
• Cost Reduction Results Equal 3%+ Average of Annual Purchase Volume over Career
• Inventory Reduction Ranging from 15 - 35% utilizing several Best Practices
• Reduction of Staffing accomplished by Better Functional Organization & Methods
• Successful Leader of Professional Staff ranging from 2 at a Plant to 17+ in a Division Leadership Role.
• Led in Strategic Lean Initiatives with Suppliers, was Team member on internal Kaizen manufacturing projects to assure maximum Supply Chain contribution.
Successful Experienced Global Procurement Professional in both Strategic and Tactical functions, in both an Individual Contributor and Leadership/Management role. This experience includes service within Fortune 50 companies at plant, division and corporate leadership levels.
Broad Industry Experience including 20+ years in Tier 1 and related Automotive Manufacturing and several additional years in consumer products, some highly regulated by Government and Safety Standards, also industrial products.
Extensive Best Cost Supplier Strategic Sourcing experience both Globally and domestic US in a variety of service contracting, materials and management of Third Party Manufacturing of consumer packaged finished goods as well as finished components for use in manufacturing.
Services as well as Products/Commodities handled include raw materials (ferrous and non-ferrous metals - in coil, sheet, bar and tube form, castings, plastics, assemblies, packaging, electrical components, and chemical), finished goods ready for sale (automotive parts, home improvement items, home & garden items) as well as MRO, transportation, construction and capital equipment.
Have visited and established business relationships in Asia, Europe as well as North and South America.
Specialties:* Strong Broad Business Accumen * Leader/Mentor People Developer *Risk Evaluation/Development of Plan
* Customer Focused Supply Chain Developer * Cost Reduction Realized Results * Strategic Sourcing * Negotiations * In-sourcing & Out-sourcing * LCC Sourcing and Business Dealing * Development of Supplier Rating Systems * Lean Manufacturing, including hands on with Suppliers to improve cost and results * Cross Functional Teams as a contributing member or Leader * Development of Team Success
Providing experienced guidance and hands on working with the Client in creating measureable improvement in results utilizing best value Strategic Sourcing as well as Supply Chain Practices.
Worked with spend analysis and developing basis for RFQ proposals for assigned areas of responsibility to produce best value results.
* New Assignment - May '14 - Healthcare Industry, Sourcing and Supplier Consolidation/Rationalization
* Last Assignment, over 2 years 8 months with client, including Supplier Management for several key categories to meet DCAA requirements for Proposals, Supplier Results and Manage Supplier Relationships. Also served as Sr. Category Manager-Outsourced Services as part of the temporary assignment. Responsible to develop strategy and Sourcing Contracts for assigned area of Outsourced Services on a world wide basis at best value and reliable service to some astere sites across the world. Savings just over $10M. In addition worked on Contract Compliance review to assure Contracts files are in compliance within FAR regulations for this large Government Contractor..
* Worked with a Medical Equipment OEM for 5-6 months - results were - $50k savings based on an additional 1% rebate negotiated on medical tubing, $1 Million in Inventory Carry Cost Savings by facilitating change from stocked inventory to drop ship on a medical equipment item, Supported supplier consolidation project and helped remove road blocks to move 2 year old project to conclusion.
* Worked on Risk Analysis of Supply Chain after clients back orders began to grow very rapidly due to Supply Issues. Resulted in identification and develop of strategic plan to manage/reduce risk of supply disruption.
* Developed guidelines for a Best Cost Global Supplier process along with tools to use for target product and country/region identification.
* Developed Excel tool to mimic high end ERP system rolling forecast and measurement for a Supplier Managed Inventory program.
National Chair - Materials Management Group - 05/00-05/03 - on BOD '99-'04
National Chair - Global Group - 05/03 - 05/05 - BOD '03 - Present
Serving with Supplier Management Group and Supplier Risk Management Group Board.
Articles published - 09/98 Keeping Quality UPmost in Your International Purchasing, 08/01 It's all in the Measurement, 08/02 Inventory Control - an Oxymoron?, 08/06 Where in the World? 07/10 Staying a Step Ahead of Risk
Speaker at Seminars - Global Conf. - 11/98. 11/99, 09/07, Supply Chain Conf - 11/98, 11/99
Speaker at ISM International Conference - 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2006
Speaker SW Supply Management Conference - 2000, 2002, 2009, 2010
Also speaker at several local affiliates though the years
Hunting for full time work while trying to bring value to others. Having earned the certifications from the Institute of Supply Management, CPSM, C.P.M., A.P.P., and from the APICS, the CIRM certification, I am well prepared to bring value to an opportunity. I worked with several client teams to deliver Measureable Results Improvement (MRI).
Taking time out due to a Family issue.
Also known as United Industries Corporation - see next entry.
This is a division of Spectrum Brands that produces Cutter, Spectricide and several other Lawn and Garden products.
• Managed and coordinated most interaction with LCC sources including location, new product development and cost control (including offset of rising currency exchange rate fluctuation and freight costs).
• Travel and conducted face to face meetings each month in their facilities as well as travel to new potential suppliers in the Global arena
• Working with team, outsourced a complete product line and production area to a Chinese source with no interruption in supply and a savings of 15% over internal COGS variable only of $3 million
• Working with Marketing and Technical departments brought a new product to market in less than 6 months from concept, source discovery and development to packaged product shipping in from Far East source, and out to customers
* Initially hired to manage all forms of packaging (printed bags, plastic bottles, consumer printed packaging as well as corrugated shipping containers) and valves and components for dispensing materials.
Manufacturing of Vending machines both snack and drink units, refrigerated and ambiant.
• Managed assigned commodities for all aspects, sourcing, cost reduction/control and problem resolution
• Successfully resolved a supplier delivery/development issue on a new PCB in time to make critical trial run for major customer
• Lead negotiations with a major assembly supplier to dispose of old obsolete inventory and more rapidly increase new generation product with end result of a 5% savings on $3.6 million annual business
Product produced were Windows and doors for commercial construction such as Office buildings, Apartments and Condos.
Has since been purchased by Pella.
• Managed a team of 10 to greater effectiveness and a leadership role in their assigned commodities of purchases of 12,000 sku’s with $100 million annual spend
• Tracked and lead in aluminum futures trading as well as developed plan for purchase timing, lowering billet inventory by half.
• Managed team in development of Supplier Rating system
• Worked with several small companies on organization, cost reduction methods, and LCC sourcing
• Located and qualified global source for hydraulic motor machined body castings, internal COGS was $7 million, global landed cost $4.5 million
* Established Supplier Managed Inventory (SMI) program for all hand/power tools, cutting tools.and grinding wheels. Inventory check system (cycle counts) and invoicing procedure.
• Meet face to face with all major suppliers to assure lowest cost, results were annual savings of $2.2 million on $60 million spend
• Lead negotiations with city to relocate and build a clients plant to new location within city. By identifing and receiving tax credits, training dollars and free land to locate the plant in an industrial park we lowered the cost of the new facility by $3 million
Product produced was home improvement consumer items sold into the Big Warehouse and other hardware stores.
• Lead re-organization and centralization of functional department handling purchases for 3 plants and 2 separately owned divisions after assisting in launch of Oracle system to reduce head count by 5 out of 10.
• Tracked and lead in futures and speculation buying of aluminum billet, including a $5 million one time purchase that, based on the market fluctuations that followed, saved the company over $2 million.
• Heavily involved in all Capital purchases in areas of RFP as well as terms and some areas of specifications to assure open competitive bidding.
• Cost Reductions averaged $2+ million on Purchases of $95 million, representing 12,500 sku’s.
Product was electro-mechanical relays, originally Potter & Brumfield before Siemens bought it. Business was sold to TYCO after move to Atlanta.
• Lead move to Centralized organization reducing staff from 15 to 11 handling purchases for 6 locations with spend of $90 million plus after representing Materials on Oracle Launch team and getting the system fully implemented.
• Represented US Relay Divisions in negotiations in Germany with Siemens largest single supplier, negotiated a 5% reduction for US locations and assisted to achieve a 3% for global locations.
• Cost Reductions averaged $2.3 million on Purchases of $90 million, partly from use of a Supplier rating system that aided in supplier reduction/consolidation.
* Lead in organization for Fortune 100 Organizations
* Managed the building of a new plant, established complete Supply Chain, including sources, logistics flow, lot sizing, and warehousing racking and set up for New Automotive Trim Plant
* Started at a local Plant as a SR Buyer handling steel and paper, in less than 1 year was promoted to Purchasing Agent at Corporate Headquarters handling all Finished Goods Global Purchasing for several major Automotive Aftermarket brands, as well as OEM.
* Lead in resourcing a long time rubber source after annoucement of Chapter 11 liquidation of the plant. Was given 4 months to relocate tooling, with target of holding costs to no more than 5% increase. Relocated in 3 months at a 6% decrease in costs.
* Companies included Duncan Equipment (Industrial Supply/MRO), Mercury Marine (Mercruiser Div.), Honeywell (Fram, Bendix, Autolite - Aftermarket & OEM), Johnson Control Automotive (Auto. Seating), Appleton Electric Div.of Emerson Electric (Construction and Industrial), Holley Automotive (OEM Auto.).
Ordained in 1974, served as Vice Chairmen of Deacons from '81-'83, served in other positions since in several Southern Baptist Churches across the United States. Currently serving in Roanoke, TX at First Baptist Church.
Appointed a Member of the Board by the Mayor, our task was to review any insurance concerns by employees of the City.
Served on Board for Economic Development overseeing the future development of City of Wentzville and key projects being considered.
How better Supplier Management can assist in Risk Management.
How do you start or revitalize a Global Sourcing function? Starting with how do you find the qualified sources?
Conferences, Workshops, Seminars and Webinars
Activities and Societies: Member/Board Member of the following National Groups: Global Group, Materials Management Group, Risk Management Group, Supplier Management Group
ISM Member, past National Chair of Materials Management Group also Global Group of ISM, also served various leadership roles within local affiliates of ISM. Currently served also on a Committee of the Supplier Risk Management Group of ISM. Lifetime Member Okla. State Univ. Alumni Assoc. Attended Law School at Oklahoma City Univ., did not complete - enjoyed Purchasing too much.
Speaker at ISM National Conference as well as SW Supply Chain Conference, several years each
Author of articles for 'Inside Supply Management', several articles over the years
Earned Certification - CPSM from ISM - 2010, recertified in 2013, recertify in 2016
Earned Certification - CPSD from ISM - 2014, recertify in 2017
Lifetime Certification - C.P.M., A.P.P. by ISM - originally in 1980
Lifetime Certification of CIRM by APICS, 2000
Served on OKC City Insurance Board - '99-'00
Served on Wentzville Econ. Development Committee - '10-'12
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.