Chief Product Officer, Co-Founder and CEO - Startup
- Greater Seattle Area
- Computer Software
Thom McCann's Overview
- Chief Product Officer, Co-Founder and CEO at Joggle Research
- User Experience Product Analysis at Microsoft
- Consultant / Startup Companies at Self Employed
- VP of Business Development at Tukati Networks (now Abacast)
Thom McCann's Summary
Created Microsoft’s first web application - Outlook Web Access and the Joggle Brain Training app. Demonstrated results creating high quality software used by millions of people. Performed critical leadership roles at all levels in both small and large organizations and proven ability to execute in the software design and development process.
Team Leader of technical and business teams that include product vision and design, development, management, program management and mobile user acquisition.
Thom McCann's Experience
Chief Product Officer, Co-Founder and CEO
November 2010 – Present (3 years 11 months) Seattle
Built a new development team, platform, desktop and mobile products for cognitive measurement research tools and brain training games.
Created Joggle, a mobile brain training game that achieved the #4 app in the UK and over one thousand ratings with an average of 4.7 stars out of five.
Led development team building a platform for cognitive measurement which includes:
- Cloud based data service (AWS) for major research organizations such as NASA and universities
- Windows application installed to the International Space Station
- iPad application that shared the same code base
- Internal tools to support cloud scale asset management system for brain training games and research products
- Consumer focused iOS game (Joggle) connected to cloud platform
Led user acquisition campaign with over 200,000 users at extremely low cost. Built an effective social presence with Facebook, Twitter and blogs. Reached top 10 in education category in 8 countries.
Led the architecture of web-based user interface and product web sites. Joggle product website won bootstrap site of the day.
Created strategic direction for company while meeting different market requirements for several products. Directly responsible for all market and competitive analysis, hiring, investor presentations and customer facing activities such as sales and support.
Drove creation of tracking metrics to analyze user behavior, market traction, retention and engagement using a blend of 3rd party analytics tools and in-house data.
User Experience Product Analysis
November 2009 – November 2010 (1 year 1 month)
October 1990 – February 1997 (6 years 5 months)
1990 – 1997 (7 years)