Senior .NET software / website developer and consultant.
- Toronto, Canada Area
- Computer Software
Tim Haynes's Overview
- University of Waterloo
7 people have recommended Tim
Tim Haynes' Summary
Software development generalist with preference for Microsoft based solutions and documentation artifacts built with UML. Have performed as team lead, systems architect, DBA, and general developer. Focus is on total customer satisfaction and giving attention to all of the invisible details.
Specialties: MCSD, MCPD: Enterprise Applications Developer (encompasses MCTS:Web Applications, MCTS:Windows Applications, and MCTS: Distributed Applications). Server architecture, system design, object oriented and concurrent programming, workflow design, messaging and middleware, UML and RUP.
Tim Haynes' Experience
.NET Web and Application Developer
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; MSI.UN; Human Resources industry
February 2011 – Present (2 years 11 months) Markham, Ontario
Designed, developed, unit tested, and assisted in deployment to production of ASP.NET MVC3/MVC4 public-facing websites and statistical forecasting engine.
- Co-designed and developed large public-facing ASP.NET MVC4 website.
- Designed and developed two public-facing ASP.NET MVC 3 websites, as tech lead for team.
- Developed and unit tested enhancements to existing ASP.NET MVC 2 sites.
- Developed new and enhanced existing jQuery codebase.
- Made updates to HTML5 & CSS3 code.
- Made enhancements to WCF service. Interfaced with SOAP and RESTful WCF services.
- Implemented OpenID and OAuth relying party solution for social media logins.
- Researched statistical forecasting models, tested and selected appropriate ones.
- Designed, implemented, and unit tested statistical forecasting engine
- Conducted website requirements gathering meetings with business leads.
- Created wire frame mockups of websites.
Interviewed and helped select technical writer, UI developer, and C# developers.
Worked with minimal guidance and supervision, with extremely tight deadlines.
- HTML5, CSS3, less, C# 4-5, .NET 4.0-4.5, ASP.NET MVC 2-4, Entity Framework 4-5.1, LINQ, AJAX, AppFabric caching, log4net, OpenID, OAuth, Spring.Net, R, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, IIS 7.5
- Visual Studio 2010-2012, TFS 2010, Visual Studio Unit Test Framework, SQL Server 2008/2012.
Information Technology and Services industry
2006 – Present (7 years)
My incorporated company, providing technology consulting and contracting services to large and small clients, both locally and internationally.
Senior Software Developr
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Facilities Services industry
November 2010 – January 2011 (3 months)
Designed, developed and refactored key portions of ETL synchronization system. Participated in Agile development process, using TDD to create code. Assisted with architecture reviews and iteration planning sessions.
Analyzed legacy VB6/ASP application code, re-using legacy DLLs when possible.
- C#, .NET 4.0, XML
- Visual Studio 2010, Visual Studio Unit Test Framework, Oracle 11g, Windows 7, Team Foundation Server 2010, Oracle SQL Developer, Toad for Oracle, Oracle VirtualBox
- Message Queue, MTS
Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Public Relations and Communications industry
2010 – 2010 (less than a year)
Developed and unit tested additions to AJAX-enabled ASP.NET website using WCF web services and version 3.5 of the .NET framework. Created pages to seamlessly integrate with existing site appearance and code structure. Developed additions to existing web services, to support new page features. Researched tools to quickly accomplish technical goals.
Senior .NET Consultant
Government Agency; 10,001+ employees; Government Administration industry
March 2008 – October 2010 (2 years 8 months)
Designed and developed .NET websites, web services, and provided consultation for a wide variety of IT initiatives and activities.
- Visual Studio 2005 and 2008
- SQL Server 2005
- Microsoft Enterprise Library
Initiated use of the following tools and practices:
- Test Driven Development with NUnit
- Continuous Integration with CruiseControl.net
- Code coverage analysis with PartCover
- Low level documentation using Microsoft Sandcastle
Senior Software Developer / Tech Lead
Privately Held; 5001-10,000 employees; Financial Services industry
February 2007 – February 2008 (1 year 1 month)
Maintained and designed/developed several currency exchange systems using Microsoft .NET technologies.
Senior Solutions Architect
Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
January 2000 – February 2007 (7 years 2 months)
Designed and lead the implementation of custom software solutions for a wide variety of business clients. Largely, but not exclusively, based on proven Microsoft technologies.
Privately Held; 501-1000 employees; Computer Software industry
May 1999 – December 1999 (8 months)
Developed Java-based software used in website development. Supported VB6 / MS Access applications at client sites.
Spectra Securities Software
August 1995 – April 1999 (3 years 9 months)
8 months of this position was as a co-op student doing Quality Assurance work on newly developed software. The remainder of my time with Spectra was spent as a Software Developer developing applications for use in the financial securities sector.
Quality Assurance Analyst
Waterloo Maple Software
May 1994 – April 1995 (1 year)
Performed Quality Assurance analysis and testing as a co-op student for two 4 month terms. This included developing and executing test suites on several operating system platforms, and implementation of an automated testing tool.
Tim Haynes' Skills & Expertise
- Web Development
- ASP.NET MVC
- Entity Framework
- HTML 5
- Database Design
- SQL Server
- System Design
- Software Development
- Enterprise Architecture
- Visual Studio
- Web Services
- Test Driven Development
- Software Engineering
- Continuous Integration
- Software Design
- Design Patterns
- ASP.NET AJAX
- Solution Architecture
- Agile Methodologies
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Unit Testing
- Visual Basic
- Web Applications
Tim Haynes' Education
University of Waterloo
Computer Science, Computing theory, Computer Programming, Mathematics, Economics, Accounting, Marketing, Business
September 1992 – April 1997
Activities and Societies: Honours Co-Op, President of Waveform Transmission Club, Treasurer & Registrar for international hobby publication.
Tim Haynes' Additional Information
- Honors and Awards:
2004 Integrity and Pride Award, bestowed by the CIO of the Ontario Ministry of Finance